Most Deserving Actor/Actress for an Award [x3 CSI]

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by vegaslights, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

As well as Eric for LV, I'm putting down Marg - not just for her acting, but for putting up with all the horrid things people write about her in the press.

You're a top girl, Marg :D

2. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

^^^I haven't seen a negative feedback for Marg from the press though. Hehe, even the Defamer likes her. But I've read comments from some random viewers on forums.

LV-Marg-she's been nominated and I agree w/ the noms.
    NY-Melina- loved her performance in All Access. Eddie is great as well.
    Miami-oh noes I can't think of anyone.

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

George Eads, Gary Dourdan, Eric Szmanda.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Marg Helgenberger - Obviously there's a reason why she's the only one of the cast members who's been nominated for an Emmy. ;) It's true that Catherine has been getting too much drama, but it's also a fact that Marg delivers it so well. She has been doing a brilliant job on her part.

Paul Guilfoyle - He has been so completely underestimated all these years. Definitely deserves an award for his great performance as Brass.

5. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

Carmine Giovinazzo - He is such an talented actor. I absolute love him in 'Run Silent, Run Deep' and 'On The Job'. Those 2 episodes shows how much he got in store as an actor and he blows me away with his acting everytime.

6. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Hard choice hmmmm...

Las Vegas: I'd say George Eads. Great job in grave danger :D

Miami: Rex Linn and David Caruso. The first one is soooo amazing and funny, and Caruso, well I don't like the cop things he does because it's not part of the show, but they're well done (does that make sense? :p).

New York: Melina Kanakaredes and Gary Sinise, do I need to say more? :p, jk. I loved their characters so maybe I'm not being objective. But well I think Melina does a great job with Stella: strong but sentimental too :)

7. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Las Vegas: Paul Guilfoyle. People have won awards for less than what he brings to the show.
    George Eads, he should have gotten something for Grave Danger. He was excellent and believable.

New York: Gary Sinise, just because he totally makes you believe in Mac

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I agree. Jerry Orbach was with Law & Order for 12 years and was awarded a Screen Actors Guild award after his death. And he never won an Emmy. Don't wait that long on Paul.

9. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

LV: I think Billy Petersen should win an award because he's created a character in Grissom like no other. I'd also like to see Paul Guilfoyle win. Brass is terrific.

NY: I'd like to see Melina Kanakaredes win. Lots of talent there.

10. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

LV: I feel that George Eads, Paul Guilfoyle, and Billy Petersen definitely need awards. And if I may, I feel that George has deserved one for a very long time. This man is so talented, and he puts everything into his character. Everyone goes on about Grave Danger, and don't get me wrong, he did a...fantastic job. It just takes my breath away how he brought Nick Stokes to life during that episode. But from the beginning he's been true to the show and has stayed that way. He's a wonderful actor.

Paul Guilfoyle is astounding! Every episode, he brings the hard reality to each case and has done an excellent job with his mysterious character and all that he's gone through. Season 6's two part finale just amazed me, how well he did with the acting before the shooting and after. He deserves something at least.

Billy, Billy, Billy. This man has glued this show together. When he leaves, the show won't have the same numbers it does now. His character is the patriarch of CSI, and even after six and a half seasons, Grissom is still a huge mystery to us. The way he's handling the Grissom/Sara relationship is phonomenal. It's slow, but just as thoughtful and precise as his character is made out to be. It's hard not to show emotion when portraying a character, and Billy's done a wonderful job keeping Grissom down to Earth.

All three of these men need something, they deserve it. I don't watch a lot of NY or Miami, so I can't offer judgement.

11. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Why have I got the feeling a lot of people are just going to run in here and mention their favourite without any explanation? :rolleyes: Anyways, here's my view:

Las Vegas:
    I love every single series regular, I think they are all wonderful characters and great actors in their own right. Billy Petersen definately deserves an award. He's made Grissom such a wonderful, unique character, something that you don't see much of any more on TV. He is a joy to watch every week. I think maybe he's taken for granted by the people who judge these type of things. I think it'll be one of those instances where people don't start getting their praise until the show is nearing its end. CSI is probably still the biggest show in the world, and awards panels seem to like to go against the grain. So whilst CSI is still in the major spotlight, I don't think he'll get what he deserves until the series starts winding down towards the end. It's stupid, but I think that's just how it'll be.

Marg Helgenberger is wonderful. Her character is not as enigmatic as the likes of Grissom, but she has definately made herself just as endearing and interesting. Luckily for Marg, she's been given quite a few episodes centered around her character, and she nailed each and every single on of them. She should have recieved some major recognition by now.

Jorja Fox, Gary Dourdan and Eric Szmanda are superb actors in their own right, but they've yet to have a defining episode that merits an award. Sure, they are great and consistent week in and week out, but when you aren't the main focus of the show every week, you need to hope for that one storyline that'll give you the opportunity to really shine. It's not their fault that they haven't quite had it yet, they've all shown great skills in the episodes that were a little more heavily biased towards their characters (Fannysmackin', Ellie, Invisible Evidence, Committed etc. all spring to mind). It's just a case of right script, right time for these guys.

George Eads would fall into the same boat, if it wasn't for 'Grave Danger'. The boy was phenomenal in that. I don't know much about the awards bar what I see on TV, but I can't remember hearing that CBS even submitted the episode for nomination. For the life of me I can't figure out why! George definately earnt at least a nomination for that performance.

Louise Lombard is also a seemingly quality actress, but it's far too early into her tenure on the show to be winning anything. Still, she showed flashes of great potential in 'A Bullet Runs Through It' etc. Hopefully she'll get a little more spotlight in the future.

And last but definately not least, Paul Guilfoyle. This guy is so underrated. If Grissom is the heart of the show, then he is its backbone. He lights up the screen every week with his snarky, sarcastic sense of humor, and always brightens up some of the darker episodes. But when it comes to the drama, that's where he really shines. He's delivered some heart-wrenching performances in the likes of 'Ellie' and 'Hollywood Brass' when it came to his daughter, and nearly had me in tears in 'A Bullet Runs Through It'. I can't sing this guys praises enough. He already deserves an award in my eyes, but give him another episode and he'll prove without a shadow of a doubt how much he should own a statue. :D

Miami:
    I love, love, love Emily Procter with all my heart and soul, but as of right now, I don't think the girl could possibly win an award. Nothing to do with her acting ability, I've always thought she was a phenomenally gifted actress from the moment I first laid eyes on her on The West Wing. Just like I said with Jorja and co, she hasn't had that defining episode, and it's the writers fault. She is more than talented enough to carry an episode, in fact probably the whole show, but the writers seem to have a big issue from bringing anybody out from under Caruso's shadow. Quite frankly, it pisses me off, especially when you compare the amount of screentime and storylines to those of her opposite numbers on Miami's sister shows. Marg, and even Melina have probably had more storylines in one season than Emily's had over five. If it were up to me, Emily would have a case of awards already, but of course it it were up to me, she'd have had much more focus than she's recieved so far. From an awards panel's view, I can't see any reason they could possibly pick her to win, in fact, I don't even think CBS would have adeqate footage to submit. Stop wasting her dammit! Give us a couple of Calliegh-centric episodes and watch her kick the crap out of them. The Emmy folk should be lining up to give her a trophy after that. ;) And if you don't believe that she's a wonderful actress from what you've seen on this show, go and pick up the second season on The West Wing and just bask in her awesomeness. :D

Simply put, Khandi Alexander rocks. She's awesome, and she whenever Miami has put the spotlight on her she's shined immensely. I still can't get over how great she was in 'Addicted' and the episode where she confronted that incompetent surgeon. Write more material for her, now! She is one of the best elements about the show, so use her to her full potential.

As for the others, I have a lot of love for Rex Linn, but bar the land mine scare, he hasn't been giving much to work with that would warrant an award. Adam Rodriguez is also a treat, but his only time in the spotlight was rudely stolen by Horatio. Jon Togo is alright, but whilst he does get a more than significant portion of screentime, he hasn't really done anything with it. I find his character development to have been pretty poor. The writers are at fault there. So far, I'd have to say Eva La Rue is nothing to write home about.

New York: (this one will be short and sweet)
    This cast has so much potential. Gary Sinese is, and always has been great. I expect him to continue to anchor the show just like Billy Petersen does. He's had some great episodes already. The show is just really starting to hit it's stride, so he should really be in the forefront of these awards judges minds.

I adore Melina Kanakaredes. Another phenomenal actress. She has been consistantly brilliant since the start of the show, and even more wonderful when she was in the spotlight in episodes like 'All Access'. If they keep Stella in the forefront of some good storylines, Melina should start getting some attention in the way of awards.

Breif mention to a few the others. Hill Harper and Eddie Cahill are stellar performers with a wealth of potential, but neither has really had a chance to shine as of yet. That's only to be expected, NY is still a show in it's early days, and now is about the time that the lead characters are established enough for them to start writing storylines for the other regulars.

Carmine Giovinazzo is wonderful, and has been blessed with a few good scripts. The guy was fantastic in 'Run Silent, Run Deep'. Keep giving him that kind of material, and he'll get some credit soon enough (if not, his fangirls make sure he gets some anyway. The man definately some, er, 'dedicated' fans. :lol:

Heh, I think I'm done. Sorry I rambled for so long, I'm surprised about how passionate I feel about this. The main thing I think about this is that all the CSI actors are very, very underrated! Are you not watching the same thing I am, Hollywood? :p

12. HoratioCainesGirl

HoratioCainesGirl Police Officer

It's all about David Caruso. Yeah, I know there are 3 CSI shows, but he is the ultimate actor out of everyone. He is a brilliant, dynamic, wonderful actor who plays the single best character in TV history on the best show in TV history. Sorry but I am too partial to DC to really care about anyone else.

If I need to acknowledge anyone else, William Petersen, Carmine Giovinazzo, Eric Szmanda, George Eads, Jonathan Togo, and Adam Rodriguez deserve an award.

13. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

LV: George Eads and Paul Guilfoyle
    Miami: David Caruso
    NY: Carmine Giovinazzo and Melina K.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Eric Szmanda for FannySmackin

15. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

For me it has to be Marg Helgenberger first off the bat. She's had some great storylines and played them so dramatically. I love her.

Second is George Eads - simply for those tears when having the gun in his face. He's underated.

b]Paul Guilfoyle[/b] - His comedic timing is second to none.

And last but no means least Billy Petersen . I can't imagine anyone else as Grissom. He makes the show what it is. No Grissom no CSI IMO.