More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JenP said:
Faylinn said:
Or the way that she suddenly expected him to be there once she got over her shit?
Well, I don't see Lindsay expected Danny to be there. Danny was just there 'cause he wanted to be. Lindsay didn't tell him to come, he just did. But hey, maybe I missed something.

She didn't ask him to fly to Montana, true. But when they got back to the lab she went back to business as usual, including her interaction with Danny. No apology or further explanation for treating Danny like shit. Not everyone who experiences trauma or a difficult time treats someone who cares about them like a doormat. So, in that sense, she did expect him to be there for her.

And Faylinn said:
I don't think the finale was a one-night-stand, but I also don't think them sleeping together and not regretting it means that they're destined to be together forever. And moving on doesn't make either one of them a bad person. Am I really supposed to believe that, because the writers wasted time on this over the past two seasons, that the characters MUST be locked into this for the rest of the show's run?
JenP said:
Well, if their relationship doesn't go through, TPTB must spend some time letting the viewers know why it didn't work out. The feeling I get from a lot of people in here is that they hope this season won't be about Danny and Lindsay. I don't say they must stay together always (although at this moment, I like that idea), but it seems good to me they will be during this season. Besides, it makes a lot more time to let us see other things than D/L.

TPTB have left a lot of things without an adequate explanation. A lot of them about Lindsay's character outside her interactions with Danny. And really, it wouldn't take a whole season, or a whole episode for that matter to explain why they aren't together. Having them together romantically doesn't mean there will be less D/L in S4. If TPTB want CSI: NY to become the Danny and Lindsay Variety Hour, they'll do that regardless of their romantic status.

PerfectAnomaly said:
JenP said:
Faylinn said:
Or the way that she suddenly expected him to be there once she got over her shit?
Well, I don't see Lindsay expected Danny to be there. Danny was just there 'cause he wanted to be. Lindsay didn't tell him to come, he just did. But hey, maybe I missed something.

She didn't ask him to fly to Montana, true. But when they got back to the lab she went back to business as usual, including her interaction with Danny. No apology or further explanation for treating Danny like shit. Not everyone who experiences trauma or a difficult time treats someone who cares about them like a doormat. So, in that sense, she did expect him to be there for her.
No offense, but I think you're forgetting they were together right after the trial and probably the hours after that as well. Don't you think they talked about what happened to Lindsay? They certainly didn't do anything else at that time, 'cause there was no relationship until Snow Day.

And Faylinn said:
I don't think the finale was a one-night-stand, but I also don't think them sleeping together and not regretting it means that they're destined to be together forever. And moving on doesn't make either one of them a bad person. Am I really supposed to believe that, because the writers wasted time on this over the past two seasons, that the characters MUST be locked into this for the rest of the show's run?
JenP said:
Well, if their relationship doesn't go through, TPTB must spend some time letting the viewers know why it didn't work out. The feeling I get from a lot of people in here is that they hope this season won't be about Danny and Lindsay. I don't say they must stay together always (although at this moment, I like that idea), but it seems good to me they will be during this season. Besides, it makes a lot more time to let us see other things than D/L.

TPTB have left a lot of things without an adequate explanation. A lot of them about Lindsay's character outside her interactions with Danny. And really, it wouldn't take a whole season, or a whole episode for that matter to explain why they aren't together. Having them together romantically doesn't mean there will be less D/L in S4. If TPTB want CSI: NY to become the Danny and Lindsay Variety Hour, they'll do that regardless of their romantic status.

[/QUOTE] I do believe that if Danny and Lindsay are to break-up, there will come another storyline about tension there is between them. I agree, people do break up all the time, and still work together, but hey, it's TV! I can't see TPTB just 'get rid of Danny and Lindsay'. I'd rather see great storylines for all the characters. I don't mind when TPTB mentions the fact that Danny and Lindsay are still together, but don't make another storyline about it. IMO, it's fine then.

JenP said:
PerfectAnomaly said:
JenP said:
Faylinn said:

No offense, but I think you're forgetting they were together right after the trial and probably the hours after that as well. Don't you think they talked about what happened to Lindsay? They certainly didn't do anything else at that time, 'cause there was no relationship until Snow Day.

No offense taken. Like Fay and others have stated many times before - if they didn't actually air it on the show it didn't happen. If someone wants to write a fanfic about Danny and Lindsay's deep, emotional conversation that cleared up any tension between the two, that's great. Or if there's already one out there, tell me where it is. I'll read it, because I'd be interested to see how someone would portray that interaction. But, anything that doesn't make it onto the show DID. NOT. HAPPEN. It's that simple.

For me, Lindsay pulling Danny back to kiss him immediately after the guilty verdict was read was her 'suddenly expecting him to be there once she got over her shit.' She avoided him because she had stuff to deal with and then *poof*, as soon as the trial was over she was ready so he should be too. *shrug*

PerfectAnomaly said:
You know what character I really miss from CSI: NY? Dr. Giles. Here was a handsome, intelligent doctor who just happened to be in a wheelchair.
Oh, I loved Dr. Giles! I hate that they had him in a few episodes and then just dropped him. These shows are in serious need of some diversity...

Faylinn said:
For me, Lindsay pulling Danny back to kiss him immediately after the guilty verdict was read was her 'suddenly expecting him to be there once she got over her shit.' She avoided him because she had stuff to deal with and then *poof*, as soon as the trial was over she was ready so he should be too. *shrug*

I totally forgot about that. Seeing it once must've been so traumatic that my brain blocked it out as a defense mechanism. :lol:

That was really pathetic and took self-absorbed to an obscene level of self-absorbedness. :rolleyes: :mad:

Twinkletoes said:
Top41 said:
Lindsay has treated Danny like shit. She's selfish and self-centered and I don't think we've seen a lot to indicate she cares deeply for Danny, the way he cares about her (and the other people in his life he counts as friends, like the rest of the team). Again I come back to Carmine's phrasing--"she's not all Danny thought she'd be."

Now, I don't want to offend any of the Lindsay fans on this board, what I'm going to say is just about the storyline and a suggestion as to how it might progress in an interesting fashion.

Carmine referred to the fact that Lindsay really hasn't found her character yet, she's still underfined as a personality in her own right and much of what Danny has been doing in S3 has been helping her trying to shape some individual identity. Well, what if, in S4 she becomes a complete bitch? Everyone's too nice on CSI:NY, they're all supportive and considerate. Wouldn't it be interesting viewing to have a character who was self-centred and manipulative, who pissed everyone off? It would certainly add a new dynamic to the series and would solve the problem of what to do with Lindsay. I'll bet Anna Belknap, as an actress, would enjoy the challenge of playing such a character - much more fun that simpering, sweet Lindsay. What do you think?

I've got to say, I've seen Lindsay described as being sweet before, but when has she ever actually been sweet? She's been ambitious, over-eager, enthusiastic, determined, excited, bitchy, whiny, moody, tempermental, fixated...but I've never seen her be sweet. The one and only unselfish thing I've ever seen her do in her two years on the show was bring that DNA report to Danny in RSRD. Other than that, I've never seen her do anything that's sweet. Like her or not, I really don't think "sweet" is one of her character traits.

So I could see her character becoming a complete bitch, in part because I think she kind of already is one. I think going with a storyline for her along the line of Ryan's on Miami would be intriguing, but I don't think Lindsay inspires the same kind of compassion Ryan does, so it might be riskier. A lot of people already can't stand her.

PerfectAnomaly said:

I also agree that "she's not all Danny thought she'd be" could end up being the key to their undoing. And I’m totally on board with the idea of Lindsay being the lab bitch. The franchise has always shown conflict between characters, but they've never had someone--who's a main character--on any team who was a completely unsympathetic character who doesn't get along with anyone. I love shows where there's someone I love to hate, and I'd much rather hate Lindsay because that's what TPTB want for her character instead of hating her because I think she's underdeveloped and useless to the show.

Agreed. I can't stand her now because I do think she's an unpleasant character. She snaps at people who try to help her (Stella, Danny) and has manipulated the one character who genuinely cares for her (Danny in Oedipus Hex). I don't think she's really a nice person, so playing that up wouldn't be too much of a stretch. And that could easily lead into Danny waking up and smelling the coffee and realizing, no, she's not the person he thought she was.

PerfectAnomaly said:
Faylinn said:

I totally forgot about that. Seeing it once must've been so traumatic that my brain blocked it out as a defense mechanism. :lol:

That was really pathetic and took self-absorbed to an obscene level of self-absorbedness. :rolleyes: :mad:

I loved Carmine's comment about how Danny made her wait until the finale. The fact that she was all ready to go after her issues were dealt with regardless of what she'd put him through or how he felt is certainly incredibly selfish. Again, it's not that much of a leap to theorize that Danny might realize how selfish she is and get fed up.

Top 41 said:

Agreed. I can't stand her now because I do think she's an unpleasant character. She snaps at people who try to help her (Stella, Danny) and has manipulated the one character who genuinely cares for her (Danny in Oedipus Hex). I don't think she's really a nice person, so playing that up wouldn't be too much of a stretch. And that could easily lead into Danny waking up and smelling the coffee and realizing, no, she's not the person he thought she was.

I agree, to a lot of us that would be the best way for this *relationship* to go. But...I think the writers will be mighty careful and guarded about having as popular a character as Danny Messer be anything less than gracious and couteous to the much less popular character, Lindsay Munroe. I think they'll want Danny to retain his popularity and not be seen as 'having a go' at poor Lindsay. If the writers for whatever reason decide to end this (IMHO) farcical pairing I think they'll more than likely just let it slide, instead of having a huge bust up and apportioning blame, then one day just casually bring it up in conversation that it's over. Hey, they've left poor Louie hangin in limbo' for over a season, they're capable of brushing ANYTHING under the proverbial carpet.

They wouldn't have to have a big blow up scene. If they weren't really a couple, he might just does not make any more dates with her. Maybe that was what was meant by the comment about him doing what young guys do. He might figure that since they weren't really officially a couple that he didn't have to call her up and say he really isn't interested.

There really is several ways the writers could handle it. They might sweep it under the rug as mentioned in another post. Lindsay might ask why he hasn't called her since that night with obvious confusion. Flack might bring it up in a conversation and tell Danny that it wasn't cool the way he handled it.

Maybe someone ask this already but what about the lab?? Could it really be all fix in the span of like 2 months?? The drug dealers shot through like every glass wall then Mac pipe bomb blow up the lab, what kind of shape will the lab be in??

I love this show but the writers really can't pick up season 4 as if nothing happened like in S2 and S3, too much happened. Danny got his ass kicked, broke his fingers, Adam got his hand burnt; half the lab was blown up. They really can’t just pick it up and life all happy again. Fine I could maybe get on board that Danny not having to much trouble with be held hostage and all that but Adam no, Adam has to have some problems with it. I mean he was scared to death that he was going to die during the whole thing and then the fact that his dad used to beat him. No Adam will have to have some lasting effects.

What I don’t get is it really that hard to write a story that includes Danny broken hand, the lab being destroyed and Adam messed up hand?? Pretty much all of those things wont affect the show THAT much. I mean Danny right handed and I believe it was his left hand that got smashed so just throw a cast on his hand for a couple of episodes. Adam maybe you could make him drop a piece of evidence or something. I just don’t understand why just the CSI: NY writers can’t keep a storyline going it’s like they have ADD or something.

If NY is anything like Miami, then don't hope for anything like continuity. I mean, if Eric Delko can recover from a headwound and be back at work the next week; a destroyed lab, broken fingers and burnt hands with probable PTSD - well, they're nothing in comparison. But you're right, it would be good if we saw some residual problems from the hostage situation...and I may be wrong, but I think it's much less than the two months or so they've been off air. Mac is recalled from London (and he was only due to be there 10-14 days.)

Annwn,you mentioned Eric Delko. I don't know if they ever said how much time had past since Eric's injury. I do think he came back faster than he should have. The writers did suggest in some episodes that he came back to work sooner than he should have through what his coworkers.

It really didn't mention what shape the lab, Danny, or Adam is in. Maybe Danny will have a cast on. The lab might be in the middle of being repaired with Stella in charge of that. Adam might drop something.

I am wondering why Mac hasn't shaved. Even if he is having sex all the time I am sure he could find time to shave.

Yeah, there was no info about the lab itself that I could tell. It could be that they want to keep it secret...

I remember them mentioning that it had been several weeks since Eric got shot when he first came back to Miami--still too soon, but they did say that more time had passed.

The time issue on NY might trip them up, depending on how they explain it when the season starts...

ka990 said:
Daisy said:
According to Michael Ausiello, Stella might have a new love interest the upcoming season. It's in his weekly Ausiello Report. You can watch it at TVGuide.com.

Any news re Flack? I've tried to get on the above site and can only make it on so far before it stops and I can't watch any further!! :(

BTW does anyone know of any legal tv download/file sharing sites for Season 4 I can look at and can access from the UK? *is pondering* :rolleyes: I know this is a bit of a grey area so thought I would ask!

I have tried to get on CBS YouTube but couldn't :( as it seems to bar anyone from outside the US. Any ideas anyone? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back