MOONLIGHT

I really like this show, as well as Blood ties, but the thing is which is sad, since the demise of Buffy the vampire slayer there really hasnt been (as of yet), a show with similar grossing figures. Why is that?

Yes i know that a show with Vampires, Witches, Gouls, etc etc, the fan base isnt as big as other shows, but isn't it about time that we had a show that was a big hit that has an attractive Vamp as the lead?

From TV Guide online:

Alex O'Loughlin: Moonlight's Mick "Has Been Laid to Rest"
Sep 30, 2009 03:44 PM ET
by Joyce Eng

Sorry, Moonlight fans: Mick St. John will not be resurrected.

Despite valiant efforts from die-hard fans to bring the beloved but short-lived series back to life on the small or big screen, Alex O'Loughlin says that story is over.

"That's a [executive producer] Joel Silver question, but as far as I know, no. It's done. It's over. Mick St. John has been laid to rest," he tells TVGuide.com.

That doesn't mean the show's cancellation was painless, especially since Moonlight was "doing well" ratings-wise. "It's a bit of a sad situation, a sad story for me. Of course, I love that show. I put everything into it. But what are you going to do?" he says. "That's what we do as actors. We put 100 percent into things from the screen test on. It's the most bizarre job in the world: You put 150 percent into it and then you walk away."

The Aussie hunk hasn't walked away from TV or CBS, as his new medical drama, Three Rivers, premieres Sunday at 9/8c. O'Loughlin plays Dr. Andy Yablonski, a preeminent transplant surgeon, on the series, and he hopes his Moonlight fans will hop onboard even without any vampire appearances.

"I'm not exactly sure if that crosses their genre of work!" he says.

Ok, I really really really hope this happens! I LOVED this show.

With all these vampire shows I was wondering why CBS was so stupid to let this one go. :rolleyes:

CBS Boss Weighs In On ‘Moonlight’s Possible Resurrection
by Matt Webb Mitovich
Jan 9th, 2010 | 1:41 PM | Comments 28

Will CBS jump on the bloodsucking bandwagon and bring ‘Moonlight‘ back to life?

Sources tell Fancast that one of the former vampire drama’s producers and a few original cast members have been approached by CBS and producer Warner Bros. TV about making another go of it.

And really, who could blame CBS for now second-guessing its decision to snuff the series two years ago, given the success of the ‘Twilight’ movies, HBO’s ‘True Blood‘ and now The CW’s ‘Vampire Diaries‘?

Fancast asked CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler about the latest buzz, and whether ‘Moonlight 2.0′ could serve as a means to keep the very popular Alex O’Loughlin on the network’s payroll.

“I just want to say one thing – who was out there first with vampires?” she at first responded. “Who was out there first?”

So…? Might Mick St. John resurface for another “bite”?

“['Moonlight' executive producer] Joel Silver and I were talking about it the other day – but we talk about a lot of things,’ Tassler told us. Any possible ‘Moonlight’ rebirth would be a ways down the line, however, seeing as “we’re about to pick up all of our [2010-11 season] pilots,” Tassler stressed.

One way or another, CBS is determined to find a new project for Alex O’Loughlin, whose ‘Three Rivers’ has been canceled, Tassler confirmed on Saturday.

“We love [Alex] and want him to stay around for a long time,” she said.

As for why the organ donation-themed medical drama failed to draw an adequate audience despite the Aussie actor’s ardent and vocal following, she offered, “‘Moonlight’ was a much more [O'Loughlin]-centric show, whereas ‘Three Rivers’ was more of an ensemble.” She then added, “Some shows find their legs earlier than others.”

Link

Keep your fingers crossed!

I hope they bring Moonlight back as well.

Three Rivers was supposed to be his show but it didn't do well enough in the ratings from what I heard...

Back