'Miami' Lets Cibrian Go

Ok Lindsay of NY are you next? :(

That's bad for Eddie. He must be really pissed off. Adam shouldn't have returned. After he decided to leave for Ugly Betty which was cancelled then he would just come back and pissed off another actor. He's the reason behind this whether he deny it or not. I hope Calleigh my favorite from Miami is safe.

Great news! I am so relieved, and this is not saying anything against the actor. I think Eddie can do much better elsewhere. This was the wisest thing they could have done! If Walter is also released or goes back to being a labrat, I will be absolutely thrilled! The downside is that I feel all of last season was wasted on these two characters while the core cast had to take a backseat. It is going to be a hard decision whether to purchase the DVD this year because of this.

I can't say that I'm surprised. As soon as I knew Mr. Rodriguez was coming back fulltime, I started expecting such a thing.

That's bad for Eddie. He must be really pissed off. Adam shouldn't have returned. After he decided to leave for Ugly Betty which was cancelled then he would just come back and pissed off another actor. He's the reason behind this whether he deny it or not.
What makes me laugh out loud is Adam hoping that no one would leave the set a while back.....this, IMHO, is just hilarious!!!:lol:
For istance, they should have never let him come back...never. It was his decision to leave the show in order to do some movies. It wasn't their "insane decision".

I've always been aginst Adam Rodigruez's decison and I will always be. The fact the used Eddie simply as stopgap to replace Adam, as if he were an injured football player, makes me nauseous.

Also thank god TPTB talked about his character as if he were going to stick around at least for another season. At this point no one is safe...watch out :rolleyes:

Im happy with the news.I never really liked Jesse and probably next season we'll see more Ryan and Natalia because of his absence.I wasn't also interested to find out more about his personal life.

Well, that sucks.

I actually got to watch a few episodes of Miami this past season (only because they were the ones Adam wasn't in) and grew to like Cardoza quite a bit.

But now that Eddie's gone and Adam's back full time (*insert vomiting smiley here*), in addition to Old Christine being dropped and AJ Cook over at Criminal Minds being let go, CBS AND I ARE DONE PROFESSIONALLY.

*insert f-ck you, f-ck you, f-ck you, you're cool, I'm out-type situation directed toward CBS here*

I was never for or against Jesse Cardoza because I was never invested in the character. He was bland and boring. For me he was just...there. Walter on the other hand is funny and different. Even though he came in after Cardoza I was more interested and invested in him. Not gonna miss the character or the actor.

I'm really sad to see this happen. I like Jesse. A Lot. Much more than I ever liked Delko. It will be hard not to dislike Delko even more now.

Jesse had a lot of story potential, IMO. If Miami could get some decent writers this character could have provided some serious game to help Miami find it's past stability.

This show has been floundering for several seasons now. It's like a ship without a rudder. No direction. No sense of any plan. They really, truly needed this infusion of new characters to freshen the show up and start new.

Jesse and Walter both make a huge difference. They are fun. They are professional and competent. They are focused on the job. They know how to work in a team - even though then were in a situation that was far removed from a real team.

They say they are letting Jesse go so they can focus on the core cast? I don't believe that for a second. The ending scene for season 8 told us all where the focus was going to be in season nine and it isn't going to be the "core cast", it's going to be the same two characters as it has been for the past 4 seasons. :(

I'll miss Jesse. I wish Delko had never come back. I knew this was going to happen as soon as it was announced Delko was coming back.

At least Walter is staying - for now anyway.

So Jesse is the one who won't get up in the season premiere?Or they will kill him later in the season?I prefer his character to be killed off in the premiere.

I'm wondering if the writers knew about Cibrian's departure after it became known that Rodriguez will be back full time next season.I think they did which resulted to Jesse's limited screentime later in the season.

Last edited:
A lot of people are assuming this is because Adam Rodriguez came back. Two reasons I doubt this. One, when he left, two actors were added to the main title sequence, meaning there was already +1 to the main cast, and this was before the departure was official a few episodes into the season. Two, it's not at all unlikely that our new kooky ME Tom (Christian Clemenson) will be added, so even with Cibrain being let go, we will still have a credit sequence that is +1 or +2 what it was when Adam's name was still there originally. For the "they let him go because Adam came back" theory to hold, wouldn't the credit sequence have to be the same number of actors it was when he left?

Wow, that's too bad! :( I really liked his character, and thought he, along with Walter and Loman, have really breathed new life into the show this past season. I think season eight was really strong, in part because of the new characters. The show felt really refreshed.

I imagine that yes, it's because of Adam Rodriguez's return. I'm sure they don't have an unlimited budget for series regs, and someone had to go. I like both Adam and Eddie--I wish there had been a way to keep both on the show. I'm glad Walter isn't going anywhere!

Ok Lindsay of NY are you next? :(

If only! But I doubt it. NY's cast is smaller than the other two shows, and hasn't grown recently like they have.

At least we know CBS isn't just targeting women. :shifty:
It's sad to see him go. I'm not a regular Miami watcher but he did seem to be a much needed breath of fresh air.

Bummer. :(

I'm really sad to see this happen. I like Jesse. A Lot. Much more than I ever liked Delko. It will be hard not to dislike Delko even more now.

Word. I only really started watching Miami again this season, after giving it up when Speedle died. The threesome of Jesse, Walter and Ryan really made it for me. Dammit, stupid TPTB.
(and if the spoiler re the method of his exit is true, then that just sucks big time)

Of all the changes on CBS shows this was the one I was expecting.IMO the character never gained the fan attention the producers were expecting.So they dropped his screentime and now he is leaving.In respect to Walter,I agree with Theresa becouse while I liked Walter ,I feel like his scenes could have been done by Natalia.But he at least has a personality.

I knew as soon as I heard Adam would be back...Eddie was a goner....That wasn't being fair to him.....Never,never,never, should've brought him on till they knew if Adam was coming back or not. I'd rather have Eddie than Adam....didn't miss him at all....with all the changes won't surprised me if the show gets axed after next season.....it's been boring to me since S3 anyway.......
The 37-year-old actor joined CSI: Miami last year to fill in for departed castmate Adam Rodriguez. However, after appearing in a handful of episodes over the season, Rodriguez signed a new contract to return to the series full time next fall.

Last edited:
Back