'Miami' Lets Cibrian Go

CSI Files

Captain
Following the announcement that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is dropping Liz Vassey (Wendy Simms) from the series, it has now been revealed that CSI: Miami is making a similar decision. CBS has chosen not to pick up Eddie Cibrian’s contract, meaning that Jesse Cardoza will not be returning to the Sunshine State in season nine. Source: [...]

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Jesse, and I'm disappointed that we'll never see the resolution of the storyline with his wife's death, but to be honest I'm glad they dropped him instead of Walter. Walter is my bb. I hope everything works out for Eddie, though. :)

(To be even more honest, I wish Adam hadn't decided to come back. I didn't personally miss Eric, and I was waiting for the guest appearances to just stop because I didn't like the conflict, and it felt like the characters were in limbo. But if he's coming back, it makes sense to get rid of Jesse - if only because he never meshed with the others as well as Walter did.)

That's two favourite characters down. :rolleyes: *sigh* :(

I'll doubt I'll be as enthusiastic to keep up now. It's really a shame...Miami was starting to turn around for me.

Last edited:
*sigh* I suspected that when Eric came back Jesse would be the one to go. It's really too bad. I liked him :(

:wtf: Way harsh.

...but to be honest I'm glad they dropped him instead of Walter. Walter is my bb. I hope everything works out for Eddie, though. :)

Walter is my bb too! ;)

And yup, not very surprised at the news. Also not disappointed. Jesse became more tolerable after "L.A." because he wasn't in the spotlight all the time, but I didn't suddenly adore him after that.

As for how he's leaving...

If they are killing him off, I wonder how they'll have everyone react to it. Will they show his funeral, or any sign of a funeral procession/burial? With the current lack of faith I have in the writers, I have a feeling that it would be a DISASTUH (as Beyoncé would put it). There's no way it could match up to Speedle's. Now that was REALLY well done!

All this talk about concentrating on the core cast - and the news that Cibrian is being cut - has me worried for my bb Walter. I hope they don't ditch him or reduce his role to recurring. Miami has always been my least favorite series in the franchise, but things were picking up during season 8 - personally, I'm hoping they don't backslide in season 9. Less Walter would be a shame. :(

I'm a bit more confident remembering what Marc Dube and Barry O'Brien said about Walter in their interview last month, but they also talked about Jesse as if he'd be back...

...although I suppose Jesse could survive the cliffhanger, and the Enright thing could come back and he could die within the first few episodes next season...I'm confuuuused! :(

Last edited:
I don't particularly like or dislike Jesse/Eddie ... I just never grew to care about the character one way or the other.
1cfd6e2a9a2c0cf8e74b49b35e2e46c7.gif
So, to be quite honest, I'm not really going to miss him now that he's leaving the show permanently. I don't know if it was the way Jesse's character was written or Eddie's acting, but I never got invested in Jesse or any of his storylines. And IMO, there was bit of a "Jesse overload" early on in Season 8, at the expense of several veteran castmembers.
e78feac27fa924c4d0ad6cf5819f3554.gif
I think that it's a wise move for CBS to take CSIM back to its core characters ... with some quality storylines, good writing and solid character development, hopefully the show can continue the upward trend that began towards the end of Season 8, and get fully back on track next season.

I thought he was really darling those dimples:p and his camraderie with the cast, especially Natalia Eva LaRue, but not a particulary good actor, kinda of blah, next to the rest of the cast. Sad:( but if an actor doesn't cut it then buh-bye~

I just did an impression of the 10th Doctor after the Titanic crashed into the TARDIS.

"What? WHAT? WHAT?!?"

Can they at least keep him on a few episodes so they can tie up the storyline about Cardoza's wife? I mean, I know E! is saying he'll be killed, but that's only a rumor. Plus, it's E!, not McClatchy, or Huffington Post, or Reuters.

The minute it was announced that Adam was returning full time, I said that they'd most likely get rid of Jesse. After all, we can't have two hot Cubans on the show at the same time, right? (that was sarcasm by the way lol). There goes my three musketeers. :( Oh well, maybe Natalia can join Ryan and Walter in being the third musketeer. I still don't think Jesse will die due to the cliffhanger though. I do think and hope that they'll resolve the Bruce Enright thing. If Jesse has to die, I'd much rather him and Bruce have a shootout and kill each other or something. Or maybe having Bruce try to kill one of the other team members and Jesse jump in the way and take the bullet, shooting Enright at the same time, Enright dying on the spot and Jesse later dying at the hospital. :lol:

I'm sad that they're letting Jesse go instead of challenging themselves by learning to write for a large cast (plenty of other writers do it and do it properly after all), but I did see this coming a mile away, so I'm not surprised in the least.

I hate it for Eddie Cibrian. He was so excited to have landed this role. And they talked like it was so permanent. I am confused as to why it's him, instead of Omar? Omar has been on a shorter time... I think? He isn't a core character either.... DON'T get me wrong, I love Walter, but just confused as to how they chose. The only thing I can figure is money wise, Omar was a lower paid actor. I don't know that to be TRUE, just an thought.

That being said... I will miss the character of Jesse as well. SECOND half of the season Jesse. I loved his interaction with everyone, especially Ryan. The best scenes of the season came when the three of them (Ryan, Walter, Jesse) were on screen together. They made my heart smile, and were the reason for TONS of giggles. *sigh*

I am hoping though, they still interact well together. I hope they don't drop the working together ethics they started in season 8. I enjoyed that... a LOT.... (!!!)

I have to be completely honest though. I feel some better. I don't think they'd... 'off' two characters. SO, I 'm hoping this is VERY positive for Jon and Eva. They are core characters, RIGHT? They have been around a while. Next season will be Eva's sixth, and Jon's seventh! If that isn't core characters, then I don't know what is.

Back