Marg/Catherine #6.0: Totally Thud Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Thanks! Going to set the DVR now!

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hehe. I can't wait for everyone to come back and talk about the biography. :D

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Maaaarrrggggg....IS HOT!!!

4. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

yup yup, that she is

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The update at the end of the A&E bio:

Now nearing 50, Marg Helgenberger is still considered a hot ticket in hollywood. She has been named one of tv’s sexiest leading ladies, by various magazines. But don’t be fooled. Marg is still more about the grunt work than she is about the glamour. In 2003, Marg was nominated for an Emmy for her role as Catherine Willows on CSI. She lost out. But from 2003 through 2006, CSI won the People’s Choice Award for favorite tv drama, so Marg was not without a trophy. In 2007, CSI was renewed for an eighth season. Marg also took time out for films. In 2004, she appeared as Dennis Quaid’s wife in “In Good Company”. And in 2006’s “Mr Brooks”, she played the loving wife to Kevin Costner’s title character. Next up is “Columbus Day” co-starring Val Kilmer, due out in the spring of 2008. From starring in a hit tv series, to selecting quality film roles, Marg Helgenberger continues to prove herself as a legitimate actress.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

WOOHOO!!!

Three Cheers for Marg!!

7. Abilene

Abilene Hit and Run

Hi guys :D I lovelovelove Marg!! This thread is awesome!! :D

8. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Saw the biography... It was great.

Go Marg!

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I saw the biography too. I DVR'd it.

Ok Erica here goes

-Who knew Billy wanted to work wtih Marg? He said they had chemistry right off the bat... HHMMM ( will save the rest for the shipper thread)
    -She and Alan used to fight as the characters they played then half way through the fight, realize they were acting not 'being'. I think that is what he said.
    -China Beach I remember the part where K.C. became the addict and Dana's character had to pin her down...
    Marg was great. They sure picked the right person for that role
    -Again, who knew that Marg auditioned for Tarzan?
    -She had me crying when Marg talked about her dad and when he died. She teared up a little and so did I. :(
    -Anthony Zukier hit the ball out of the park when he cast Marg as CSI Catherine Willows. I'm sure she will be known for her role as Catherine for a long time.
    Good for her for branching out and doing more. But her role in a 'hit' TV series is just what she wanted. :D

I think that is all I remember

10. GSRfanatic25

i just watched it this morning, tivoed it,... i didn't know all that stuff about her wow. when she teared up about her dad it made me tear up too. and watching that scene from china beach, when they were talking about her having to be away from her son right after he was born, and she was sobbing... that was really depressing! i remember her line from erin brockovich, that was a great line. and she was sooo good in that movie. she's great in everything. i really can't belkieve she's almost fifty, she doesn't seem it in the least. watching her bio, she's got a while to go before she's done!

go marg!!
    p.s. and i loved how her hubby was so taken w/ her from the first time they met, they're so cute together. and when they cut really fast to her saying they were "shacking up" after three weeks, made me laugh. they're great togehter!!

11. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

Awww i havent seen it :( well some part of it, but thanks for sharing, i didnt know Marg auditioned for Tarzan :eek: lol

12. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Haha, yeah, me either!

Hey, anyone have a clip of Marg winning the PCA for like, best lead actress in a drama or whatever? Just wondering... I remember a few years ago I had seen it when it actually aired, but since I hadn't been obsessed with CSI or Marg yet, I didn't really pay much attention. I do remember thinking that she was very hot though. ^_^

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah, that part about her 'shacking up' with Alan was very cute.

and that part in China Beach where she's sobbing, I actually remember watching that scene thinking how sad it was
    Same with Erin Brochovich where Marg is asking if she is still a woman... :(

now that was acting... GO MARG

14. GSRfanatic25

totally. i love hearing what actors draw from ,what inspiration they use to play such scenes as those. i mean, it's sad that they had to go through that to get to that moment, but it makes it real, and it's inspiring...it's just cool to know what motivates them.
    and i missed the date i guess, but when was her son born/how old is he?

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From IMDB.com:
    Has a son: Hugh Howard Rosenberg; born Oct 21, 1990 and named after Marg's father, who died in 1986 of complications from Multiple Sclerosis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.