Marc Vann/Ecklie

Hankster said:
I've always thought of Ecklie/Marc Vann as a John Malkovich wannabe/Squidward type. Now it seems he's playing a bit part in John Malkovich Movie called Art School Confidential! HOO HAH!!! We see the real guy and see Marc Vann as what he is A PRETENDER!!!

You say Marc is pretender?
Erm... I don't see your point. I've seen him in a few other shows and I think he does his job well.

Ecklie... well, you always need a character that you can hate. in Miami it's Stetler... NY doesn't have one but I'm pretty sure one will arrive :lol:

You say people shouldn't mix a character and an actor, but don't you... first you said Marc is pretender and then you say Ecklie is?

I meant Ecklie, not Marc Vann. UGH!!! Though at times, I feel like Marc Vann is doing a poor man's John Malkovich--kind of like how Kate Mulgrew is doing a poor man's Katherine Hepburn...

i obviously don't like ecklie, but the show NEEDS a to-hate-character. i think mark vann is doing great job as a "bad guy". i wouldn't like him to quit the show cause i think it's more interesting to watch it with him :)

Wow, he does have a thread. I got a pleasant surprise today while watching U.S. Marshalls. Marc was in it. Unfortunately, I tried to cap and realized most of his shots were of the back of his head or running. So, really, not the best of caps. This was the best I got. I kinda have the feeling that he was in more of the movie before editing took over.

NDVD_000a.jpg

Anyway, I kinda miss Ecklie. He was the character you loved to hate, then after GD, he lightened up. His last episode was a Bullet Runs Through It?

No, he was also in Built to Kill: Part 2 (s7, ep2), The Unusual Suspect (s6, ep18) and Up in Smoke (s6, ep16).

I didn't even notice he hasn't been is s7 at all!
He was mentioned 3 times though I think.
I've been starting to not dislike him anymore. I'm not sure yet if I like him.

pabzi said:
I didn't even notice he hasn't been is s7 at all!
Yes he has. In the post just before yours I mentioned that he was in Built to Kill: Part 2 (season 7 episode 2).

Ugh, I got confused. Every time I see Built To Kill written I immediately think of A Bullet Runs Through It. Don't ask me why.

He was mentioned in LLV, LOG, and I think one other time...

Haha, pabzi, it's okay! I made the same mistake. I meant to write out Built to Kill, not ABRTI. *shakes head* But thanks Dynamo1 for correcting.

I think he was mentioned last in LoG, though.

Why do those eps get so confused in my head?
Was he only mentioned those two times or was there another?

Wow. I had to dig this one up from "buried" status. Marc was in the pilot episode of Women's Murder Club a few months ago.

He has been busy this past year. He was on Without A Trace, Dirt, NCIS, and the movie I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. The traitor even appeared in an episode of Grey's Lobotomy... er... Anatomy back in April.

I'm not sure when it was first aired but I saw him on an episode of Crossing Jordon. His character murdered his wife.

I had no idea he had ever been on Angel until last night. I've seen Smile Time quite a few times, I love the episode, but I only realized he was there now. The character is kinda like Ecklie too lol...in the sense that I wanna kick his butt like I do Ecklie's sometimes.

Back