Marc Vann/Ecklie

Hankster

Coroner
I've always thought of Ecklie/Marc Vann as a John Malkovich wannabe/Squidward type. Now it seems he's playing a bit part in John Malkovich Movie called Art School Confidential! HOO HAH!!! We see the real guy and see Marc Vann as what he is A PRETENDER!!!

lmao! actually i think he does a pretty good job of protraying ecklie. i don't really see the comparison between him and malkovich other than a physical similarity. but this will be a great opportunity to make an actual comparison.

i dont think ecklie is that bad, and i dont understand why everyone hates him and wants him off the show. sure, hes a giant pain in the ass, but thats the point of him. everything cant be all sunshine and rainbows on the show you know. sure, we were all thinking 'what the hell is the matter with this guy?!?!' when he split up the team. but it didnt bother me, i think the whole purpose was to get catherine into a leading role to later take away from her.
i think the show needs ecklie, even if he only turns up every few episodes. i like when the team stands up to him, and show how strong they are together. hes a way to create drama, sure its an easy way, but it works for me.

I agree, we need good villains, but in your own crime lab, it sucks to have a pretender like Ecklie working. UGH!!! He's like !#@$@#@!# Squidward--ruining things for EVERYBODY ELSE!!!

I agree with the comparison Vann/Malkovich.

Although I don't like his character, I don't want him off the show :eek:
He's doing a good job. Wouldn't be the same without him.

what do you mean 'pretender'? hes an actor, and in my opinion has done a good job with what the writers have given him.
i wouldnt consider him a villain, or even a squidward. hes just a hard ass boss that gets on everyones nerves. but when i watch episodes with him i think 'thats what ecklie should be like, thats the kind of guy that should be running the lab' i love to hate the guy, his interactions with the characters are always interesting. to me at least. hes a contrast to the other characters that are so loveable. we care about them, and especially with grissom, ecklie can be seen as a threat to their jobs. the csis are human and they screw up from time to time, but ecklie comes across as a guy who doesnt accept errors. like i said before, it makes for good drama.
i think the only thing that would make me truely hate ecklie would be if when they come to deal with billy leaving the show grissom gets fired. hes such a great character it might leave a bad vibe on the show if he did something to ruin his career and ecklie fires him for it.

Ecklie's a pretender of a scientist because he's not very thorough and spends too much time playing politics and not enough time trying to solve crimes. He's part of the reason why the Day shift sucks majoer ass and why the Night shift shows them up--a big part of the reason why, in fact!!!

thought i'd let you know...why aren't you in school???

i'll check it out later.

and i agree about ecklie being the guy we need in that position. every office has an ecklie.

coolcatz said:
thought i'd let you know...why aren't you in school???

i'll check it out later.

and i agree about ecklie being the guy we need in that position. every office has an ecklie.

*lol*

I am. I'm TAing (teacher's aide) right now so I get computer time for the next two periods! :D

he's a character that you love to hate. ^^ he's basically there to add the human element to the show. his presence illustrates the fact that though forensics are important, everything can't be boiled down to hard science and that even scientists have to deal with the human factor, in this case, politics. grissom and ecklie have the classic reason vs. law conflict, which i think is very interesting.

by breaking up the team, he made grissom realize how much his co-workers mean to him.

(No Humans Involved)

Grissom: I'm not any good at politics. And it's cost me. It's how I lost Nick and Warrick.

only ecklie can bring out such a human side of him like that ^^

Elanor.

I'm not saying dramatically speaking Ecklie's not a great foil for Grissom--on the contrary, he's great for that purpose dramatically. However, speaking empirically, people like that make me really mad. If Ecklie were a real person, I'd kick him in the crotch for being such an asshole.

I'm sure Marc Vann has had some folks do him like Jay Mohr's been one--folks who tend to confuse the actor with the roles they play. I say this because Jay Mohr was on Jim Rome's radio show not too long ago and he elaborated on how every time he's out somewhere, someone thinks he's Bob Sugar from Jerry Maguire and call him all sorts of unprintable names because of what Bob Sugar did in the movie Jerry Maguire.

I'm sure Marc Vann gets fold "F**K OFF, ECKLIE!" by a lot of fans on the street. He might even get really sh*tty service at restaurants because of what his character has done on CSI. :devil: :lol:

Of course there's a dark side to that kind of fan reaction too. The actor that played Whitney Fordman on Smallvill was so hated for what his character did to Clark Kent and Lana Lang on that show, he asked that they kill his character off because he couldn't go anywhere without some Tom Welling fan wanting to kick the crap out of him and calling him a bully. He even got death threats. Some fans don't always separate the actor from the character they portray.

Back