Mac Taylor's Love Life *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 7, 2010.

?

Who do you want to see Mac Taylor with?

1. Aubrey Hunter

18 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Peyton Driscoll

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Stella Bonasera

66 vote(s)
    55.9%
  4. No one--Mac should stay single

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Mac can schtupp a couch for all I care

13 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ haha yeah that would be great :D

at the moment i'm in team aubrey (and i hate having to say it that way, like i'm in some gossip magazine) but i'm wavering between that, the "lone wolf" option, and the schtupping a couch option.

i like him and stella - as friends, i think that's all it is. i can see hints of something else (hell, isn't that the point!?) but i think it'd be a total disaster in practice - partly because the track record of writing on relationships (esp canon) has been a bit hit and miss (ha, that's being nice about it), and partly because i think it would take the show into a whole different dynamic which i don't think i'd like.

i do like mac on his own a lot, probably because i relate to mac quite a bit and i'm a definite loner (especially when romance is concerned), but aubrey seems really sweet, they clearly have things in common, and i think there's chemistry there - which there never was with peyton, who was about as warm as an icicle.

the last option appeals because frankly i don't think mac's romantic dalliances should be so high on the list of csi priorities - but if they have to be there, then i hope it's aubrey.

so yeah, that was a really decisive answer! i still don't know which button to click....

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Team Stella :) All the way.

I wasn't really invested on NY like I was on Miami and Vegas but suddenly I found myself wanting to know more about Mac and Stella's relationship, so then I got hooked with everything else.

3. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I gotta say that I'm "Team Mac can schtupp a couch for all I care". Honestly, I wonder who is coming up with this whole "Mac will get to choose between two women thing". No, not who, I want to know why.

I liked Peyton now that I watch the third season later. I wasn't a fan of how they got rid of her. I thought it was a poor way to do it.

I think Audrey and Mac are cute, but if he's going to have to choose between women, well, I've lost interest.

And Mac and Stella aren't going to happen soon especially with DL going on.

Anyway, I just want this whole romance thing to be over so we can focus on crime. All this drama is too much, and I'm in high school so I'd know all about drama :p

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ yeah, that basically. i don't know quite why they're making such a fuss of it - it's fine if the characters (any character) get a bit of romance action on the side but that's where it should remain, please. i like aubrey but i'd rather see the crime and the romance separated, and the emphasis on the crime. so yeah, i finally voted that way too.

5. Cath

Cath Dead on Arrival

Team Stella: I've been rooting for them since season 1 and that hasn't changed. Mac & Stella have known each other inside and out for a long time so it'd be interesting to see them awkward and yet not awkward with each other if the writers decided to take their dynamic one step further. Plus, I think that of all the people cast as love interests for Mac that came and went on this show, Mac has ironically only had chemistry with Stella.

I'm not that invested in Aubrey because we know next to nothing about her and it's not like she has extraordinary chemistry with Mac.

And Peyton was whiny and the way she dumped Mac via Dear John letter was cowardly enough to make never want to see her again.

6. CSI.Jade

CSI.Jade Victim

First off, that Twilight poster absolutely made me crack up! :guffaw:

As for Mac's lovelife, I am totally for him being with Stella. Like we all know, the writers have been hinting at their budding relationship since the very first episode, and I (along with many others, I'm sure) would feel like having Mac end up with anyone other than Stella would be devastating. I would feel led on by something that was never going to happen in the first place. You can't just build up all this hype on these two characters and then let the fans down by blowing it up in their faces when Mac runs off with another girl. That's just mean.

As for Aubrey, she's okay, I'll give her that. I'll even go as far as to admitting that I had an 'awh' moment when they were at the diner in the St. Pat's Day episode--Mac nearly spilt his coffee. LOL. Still, she just isn't rubbing off on me in a good way. Perhaps I just feel like she's going to go and hurt Mac again like Peyton did.

Now, here's where I have to try and keep control. Peyton. Boy, where do I even start? Um, WHY are they bringing her back (we'll figure that out in a few eppys I suppose)? I'm sorry but when she got mad at Mac when he took her hand away from her face when Stella walked in during that one eppy made me just want to punch her in the face. Plus, she was so clingy and whiny. And then the breakup. She couldn't even call? After that, she lost all my respect. :shifty:

So I guess if Mac absolutely can't end up with Stella (for whatever lame reason they give), I'd still be pretty happy if he just ends up alone. Yes, this whole "Team this, Team that" is taking away from the actual crime in the show, so perhaps they should just let Mac be a loner and get back to the nitty-gritty of NYC crime. At least then we'd still have plenty of Mac and Stella friendship moments. :)

Wow, that was long. Well, there's my rant. G'night!

7. wildcat

wildcat Witness

What a question! :rolleyes: :lol:
    Of course, Mac and Stella belong together. ;) Two others are nowhere close. :p

But that's so strange - I got a feeling that on this board there is like 3 and 1/2 fans of Smacked, and pretty much everybody else is viciously opposing. And still somehow in this topic it's another way around. Go figure... :rolleyes:

8. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I'm on Stella-team also.

I'm not mad if he chooses Aubrey but I don't want Payton back...sorry. :(
    I still can't forgive her how she break up with Mac...a letter...come on! Mac can't possibly forgive her...

Aubrey seems nice and Mac seems to be ease around her...but he's just met her. And here's when we come to Stella. They've known each other so long. Been friends but there's always been this "something" slight touches, smiles a little flirting...it's just so natural and Mac can open up to her and other way around. They are more closer than many married couples I think.

I but if Mac can't have Stella...I'd prefer him single...:D

9. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

team stella

10. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Team COUCH! :D:D Schtupp (sp?) the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch, schtupp the couch!

Come on, you GOT to admit that Mac/Couch is a very awesome ship! :luvlove::luvlove::luvlove::luvlove::adore::adore::adore::adore:

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ haha i agree, you've gotta love that couch, and i bet he really luuuuurves it :lol: *gets on board the mac/couch ship*

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

:guffaw::lol::guffaw::lol::guffaw: at the picture! Mac looks like someone from a famous painting! :guffaw::lol::guffaw::lol::guffaw:

13. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I voted Team Stella, but I really wouldn't mind if he ended up alone or even with Aubrey.

I'm a Mac/Stella fan so I'd definitely enjoy it if he did end up with Stella, but alone wouldn't be too bad, because you know, that leaves the opportunity for Mac to end up with Stella later :p I mean, he's always had this amazing chemistry with Stella that just amazes me and so I think she's the best person for him.

Aubrey is actually okay. I haven't had a reason to hate her...yet, so I wouldn't mind if Mac ended up with her. I don't think it would last long if he did though.

But under no circumstances should Mac end up with Peyton. First off, she's really whiny and annoying to no end. Plus, she already dumped him by letter because she couldn't leave England (her home) again. But now she's coming back?? And somehow has some interest in Mac? It's a little sketchy to me. Mac doesn't deserve someone who'll just screw with his emotions like that. Plus, when she was with Mac, she was kind of pushing him into the relationship ("...because you adore me and you DO adore me.") But that's enough about that.

So long story short, I'm on Team Stella, but really I'm good as long as he doesn't end up with Peyton.

P.S. Loved the Twilight poster :D

14. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

I'm agreeing with above poster. :D

I feel guilty! Wow. SMacked is my second biggest ship, as you can see in my signature. But 2/3 of my brain argues for Team Stella, the last third is all for Aubrey. I have no clue why. D: It's scary! I'm a Peyton-hater, simple as that, which is why she's not in my picture.
    Mac and Stella are such good friends that a relationship could be a blessing or a disaster! I'm just paranoid. I've only been in one relationship myself, with one of my best friends, and well, I'm still in that relationship, so how am I supposed to know how that's going to turn out? :lol:
    But... Mac and Aubrey are *devastatingly* cute. WHYYYY?!??!

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  15. wildcat

wildcat Witness

You have to go to the ship subforum and open a new thread! :lol::lol:

That's just it. If they can not or would not bring him and Stella together, he'd better stay alone - I'm soooo fed up with his numerous short-lived flings. :rolleyes: :lol: