Mac & Stella #5: Tie Me To The Hood, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
from what I remember it was a nice episode...with the church and the psycho?

I agree with Moriel ...Mac and Stella know each other for a long time...During his marriage with Claire I don't think Stella felt anything because they were supposed to be together forever...After Claire's death,they were even closer to each other and voila!..So,before season 1 but they are still afraid of their feelings!...idiots! :D

ihn&c thnxz for the explanation!

Oh yeah, Stella was definitely attracted to Mac when he was married to Claire but she's too smart & too much of a lady to come between them. I bet she would feel absolutely awful if she broke them considering the fact Claire passed away.

I think Mac probably realized his feelings in The Closer when Stella surprised him in the coffee shop & spoke to him about his wedding rang. He probably thought, "Damn, I admire her for being so blunt & honest. Do I have feelings for her?" Stella always knew that she had romantic feelings for Mac, no question. Considering that they both have been involved with others for a while I'll say that they're relationship didn't last too long. However, I'm sure they'll hook up & things will change.

i love the closer such a good eppy. was it just me or did stella look like she was going to cry at the end? because of claire? i bet they were close friends. or perhaps she thinks that she and mac can never be together until he lets claire go?

jorja_fan86 said:
I have a new topic for all of us to discuss and I've stolen it from the Danny/Flack thread. The question is when do you think Mac & Stella became romantic? Was it before the show began or did they hook up in season one, season two or somewhere in between?

I don't think they meant to be 'romantic' at the first place. I think their relationship kinda grew. Friends then when Claire died, Stella was there for Mac to support him whenever she could.

Then they became closer than ever -- best friends if you will. Then somewhere in that closeness, the 'romance' developed. :)

Yeah chaos that's exactly how I think it happened too. I think Stella was quite possibly attracted to Mac while he was still married, but in a "wow-he's-a-great-guy-who-treats-my-friend-really-amazing-I-wish-I-had-a-guy-like-that!" kind of way...and I'm guessing Mac probably was attracted to Stell on some level too...but he was married and obviously not gonna act on it. Then Claire died and Stella became Mac's support, his strength, his shoulder to lean on...as a friend for him...but I would guess that for Stella it turned into love very quickly....concern, to support, to caring deeply to loving him deeply! And I say Mac took awhile to come around...but I think he finally saw Stella as not his wife's best friend, or his support but as someone he could love forever! Now they just need to not take the safe bet...(even though being together is the safe bet, because they both want it!)...but I think they are worried that the relationship won't work, or that it will hurt their jobs, or their friendship...or whatever...so instead of taking the risk and finding the love of a lifetime they have taken the easy way out and not risked their hearts...dating people they don't really care about, to protect their hearts because they think they can't have who they really want!

**Okay, wow....now that's a long explanation! Heehee!**

I watched 'Three generations are enough' yesterday night. You were right ranma the scene with the DNA girl was funny. Stella enters and sees Mac like 'Wow, he called me. What does he want? :D' Mac did you call me? :sighs: No, I called you :Stella's disappointed:

Thanks a lot, and thanks for the pics ;)

BTW, Why does Stella kiss Mac in 'Til death do we part'? I mean what they were talking about when he kisses him? And where can I find pics from 'The closer' Thanks again!!! ;)

Well it seems to me that their relationship it's a "Mulder&Scully" kind of relationship (for the lack of better words). They both know they love each other but there are a lot things that could go wrong if they'd got together... or so they think. I bet Mac is afraid of losing another love again and Stella is afraid of being alone again after having such a wonderful friendship with him. Plus there's work and the regulations agains relationships between co-workers.

They became romantic, i think , mid-season 1.

Calleigh-Wolffe you can find caps from the eps in pastmyshoulder.com

CalleighWolfe said:
BTW, Why does Stella kiss Mac in 'Til death do we part'? I mean what they were talking about when he kisses him? And where can I find pics from 'The closer' Thanks again!!! ;)

Stella's kinda mad at Flack. She's processing her evidence and Mac checks up on her. He sends her a message from Flack but before he could finish, Stella goes into this tirade until Mac stops her and tells her that Flack's sorry.

Then she smiles and while they were smiling, the results come out and she's happy about it. Before she exits the room, she gives Mac a kiss. :)

The way I see the Smacked romance, like I said in my previous post -- subtle, subtle, subtle. Stella might've had her eyes on Mac for a long time but she respects his marriage to Claire. When Claire passed away, I don't think she viewed it primarily as an opportunity to go for the kill. She was there to be with Mac as a friend, first and foremost.

meandmac said:
i love the closer such a good eppy.

Oh, it's one of my favorite MSR eps! Specifically the two poignant scenes --- in the diner where Stella starts off pissed and ends up teary-eyed after Mac's heartfelt statements about the towers; and the one where Stella asks him why he still hasn't taken his wedding ring off --- *sniff*

This is a great M/S friendship song:

Friend of Mine

I've known you for so long
You are a friend of mine
But is this all we’d ever be?
I’ve loved you ever since
You are a friend of mine
And babe is this all we ever could be?

Refrain:
You tell me things I’ve never known
I shown you love you’ve never shown
But then again, when you cry
I’m always at your side
You tell me ’bout the love you’ve had
I listen very eagerly
But deep inside you’ll never see
This feeling of emptiness
It makes me feel sad
But then again I’m glad

I’ve known you all my life
You are a friend of mine
I know this is how it’s gonna be
I’ve loved you then and I love you still
You’re a friend of mine
Now, I know friends are all we ever could be

You tell me things I’ve never known
I shown you love you’ve never shown
But then again, when you cry
I’m always at your side
You tell me ’bout the love you’ve had
I listen very eagerly
But deep inside you’ll never see
This feeling of emptiness
It makes me feel sad
But then again
Then again
Then again I’m glad

Oh my gezz, Odette Quesada ikaw ba yan*? :lol: Nice one, Cate!

I'm partial to Friends by Bob James :) I think I posted the lyrics in the Mac/Stella Song thread months and months ago.

ETA:

*is that you? in Filipino*

Chaos Awwww, that's such a sad song! Those words are sad...who wrote/sings it? They do kinda fit Smacked...but I want happy love songs for them! :D Lol! :lol: Optimistic fluffy til the end...grin and bear me if you can! :lol:

ranma so what does Mac say when Stell asks him why he hasn't taken his ring off?!! (Haven't seen this ep! I gotta know! :D )

I'll have to check my dvd later to get the exact words but I believe his immediate answer was "I don't know..." with a heartbreaking look.

See, they were in the lab, with Mac getting excited about this revolutionary technology and Stella said something like, she hasn't seen him "this excited, since..." Then she asks him out of the blue about his ring and then Mac goes like this:

then Stella goes

Awwwwwww! (caps from pastmyshoulder) As we'd say it here, "nangugusap ang mga mata" :D (the eyes do the talking)

Also, this is the ep where Stella pulls him out of his introspection and then speaks Greek :cool:

Mac: What?
Stella: You're happy!
Mac: This is a good thing.
Stella: Yeah, I never seen you like this since... Why havent't you taken your wedding ring off?
Mac: Because... I don't know. I don't want to.
Stella: Okay. Okay... *then she goes on with the case*

Lol... I've been watching my DVDs far too much, I have that whole scene in my head.

That song is by Odette Quesada, she's a Filipina singer. But it is covered by Lea Salonga, the famous Broadway actress (Miss Saigon) who is also Filipina.

Anyone here also visit the LV thread and see the pajama thing? They're not technically CSI but still funny. "CSI-Cute, smart and irresistable" Couldn't you see Stella getting a pair for Mac? <g> Of course she wouldn't let him keep them on long, but that's another story.

I didn't know the kiss scene was from an actual ep, I'll look forward to it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back