Mac/Jo: Making good first impressions

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm not one for hooking up the main characters on shows, but I think these two have a fun dynamic that could lead to something further down the road. Jo has already brought out a different side of Mac that is fun to see and I'm curious as to how their dynamic will evolve as the season goes on.

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

she's definitely brought out a different side - he seems a lot more relaxed and his sense of humour's come out a lot more, and long may that last! as for romance, i dunno, although she is his "type" judging by aubrey, peyton etc.....

3. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Mac and Jo would be an interesting pairing... They did seem to have good dynamic. Didn't the writers say there was a possible romance between these two characters or am I making this up?

4. PerfectAnomaly

I think Sela Ward said she hoped they'd hook up, but don't quote me on that. Jo seems to put Mac at ease and that brings out a side of him we don't see with his interactions with the other characters. It's kind of similar to how Peyton and Aubrey brought out something different in him too, so that's what makes me think it could be interesting to watch their relationship develop into something more than co-workers.

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i agree ^ - i think she definitely brings out something different in mac, which is great!

as for whether it's been mentioned, i think i heard that from sela too but i didn't PV say that they weren't thinking of it beyond adding some dramatic tension between the leads? which is fine with me, i'm not sure i'd want them to hook up - although i might change my mind there - but any kind of undercurrent between leads is usually a good thing.

also, what could this pairing be called? i call "mojo" - i realise he doesn't have an o in his name but it works alright for me ;)

6. PerfectAnomaly

I just watched the episode again tonight with my folks. I totally forgot that Mac bet Jo a steak dinner that putting the box of tissues on the table in the interrogation room wouldn't break the suspect. First day on the job and he's already looking for ways to see her outside of work. ;) :devil:

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah i'd forgotten too til someone reminded me on the other thread :D it makes you wonder how far it was a gesture of friendly support; i've often ended up taking new people out for lunch or drinks and sometimes dinner after work on their first day or in their first week, so it might just have been that, i would imagine steak dinner is more fitting for a boss than the drunken 11pm kebab from a van that constituted my offerings. on the other hand, like you said, an excuse to see her after hours - hmmm :D

8. PerfectAnomaly

"Unfriendly Chat" showed another great Jo/Mac moment. The video chat scene at the end was super fun and flirty. I hope they continue in this vein with these two as Gary and Sela have great chemistry.

9. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

I dont under any circumstances want Jo and Mac getting together because I wanted Mac & Stella for so long. Although i do like the side of Mac shes bought out they complement each other greatly. May the fun and laughter continue!!! FOREVER WITH NO ROMANTIC REACTIONS!!!!

10. PerfectAnomaly

I'm really liking the Mac/Jo dynamic. In "Damned if You Do" they had what could've been a confrontation in Mac's office when Jo looked at the report on his desk, but instead they talked it out and showed a real mutual respect for one another. I really think that is important if their relationship is going to evolve.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

^^ this kind of stuff does not belong in a thread titled Mac/Jo.

Yes, you are free to dislike the ship. Not everyone has to like every ship. But this thread is dedicated to Mac and Jo's relationship.

If you wish to discuss why you don't like the ship, there is a debate thread tacked to the top of the forum.
    This thread is for those who wish to discuss the relationship between Mac and Jo.
    Got it? ;)

Thank you.

12. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I haven't seen full eppies yet but I've searched some scenes and based on what I've sen so far I think Mac and Jo have nice chemistry there. So who knows it might evolve to something. I like that Jo seems to bring that lighter side of Mac out. That's a good thing if indeed they are thinking for a possibility of a relationship for them. :)

As persons they might do a good match too. But if not relationship as partners at least. ;)

Will see what happens. I looking forward to see what writers will think for'em. :)

13. PerfectAnomaly

Last night's episode had some really good Mac/Jo moments. The part where he told her he had her back was really sweet. And the part where she left him wondering what job she had in the burlesque club was great. The look on Mac's face was priceless. I just really like how at ease Mac is around Jo and how fun and flirty Jo is with Mac. These two have some great chemistry.

14. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

Woooooo! I am totally in love with this pairing. I have been squealing for every scene of theirs together since "Unfriendly Chat", LOL.

Me, I don't know why [for one who used to be a SMack fan.... USED TO...] and I personally think that the show is declining a bit, but like everyone else, I love so much how Jo just brings on a much more relaxed [and point out, somewhat less overworked] side of him.

I think MoJo sounds good. Any input on the name?

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

mojo works for me. i agree fully with the last two posts btw: i'm not a big shipper as a rule but there has been lots of flirtation going on and it's pretty cute :)