Mac #2 - Squeeze My Hand

bingle, I know what you mean, things have changed sooooo much on the original CSI, I don't even bother with it anymore. The characters simply aren't the same "people" I fell in love with, y'know?

I don't see that happening as much on CSI NY. Gary/Mac has such an ingrained, calm stoicism, that I can't see ever falling by the wayside - that's just who he is. And he has his occasional tempermental outbursts, don't ever see that changing, either, and his quiet, private caring about his team when they aren't looking... Gary's just so darn good at portraying those emotions, that I think they're here to stay, thank goodness. I can see the writers having fun with a little "reveal" about his character every now and then (like the jazz club thingie) but I don't think (crossing fingers) that it will be overt. I like a little mystery about Mac, that's part of what makes him so fascinating a character. Hopefully the writers stay on course, and keep any changes they decide to implement, very very subtle. I do definitely understand your misgivings, though. The drastic changes (IMO) in some of the Vegas characters made me care so little about them, eventually, that it drove me away for good. I honestly think we've seen all the "changes" in Mac that we'll see, for awhile. Like I said, it made sense for them to lighten him up a bit after laying Clair's ghost to rest at the end of S1, and Flack's injury showed a very deeply caring side of him that he doesn't show publicly, but I honestly think we won't see many more changes in S3 for Mac.

I think in S1 Mac as still grieving Claire. He's slowly coming out of his shell and lightening up a bit. But he's still Mac and that won't change.

I think in S1 Mac as still grieving Claire. He's slowly coming out of his shell and lightening up a bit. But he's still Mac and that won't change.

But will what happened in the finale set him back? Having Flack bleeding in front of him, having to put his hands in his belly to save his life...it's got to have some sort of effect. The question is, will Mac go back into his shell or will it bring him out further?

I don't think he has changed all that much. Sure, he got rid of his ties, actually *laughs* at jokes now and he's not as grim (or as tired) as he was in S1.

However, he's still strict, still gets riled up by perps, still the tightassed, pissy man he was in S1. That thing about him believing Danny, I thought it was just his gut reaction because Danny came to him first. If Danny didn't, Mac would've blown everybody's skirts up (ooh, now there's an idea :devil: )

I posted that I wanted him to have friends. I was thinking along the lines of little mentions, like that date-or-not-date thing in the roller derby. I don't actually have to *see* him hanging out (although that would be awesome!), just a casual drop or two througout S3. As for his bass playing, who knows? He might have been doing that for years: even when Claire was still alive or, it might have been recent. Do we really know? (Can't remember if it was mentioned or not.) He's still as private as he was in S1 but there were facets about him that were somewhat exposed.

And yeah, ditto on his shell thing. With all the trouble his team has gone through, will he retreat, expose himself more or just maintain the status quo?

Dang, when will S3 come out again? :(

CharmedHeiress said:
Yes Mac's an mysterious character which is what mekes him so intrigueing.

You can say that again.

And I say the DVD will come out in October. Thats my bet.

^^

That was my first thought too!!
A big picture of Mac on the outside, and Shirtless!Mac on the inside mmmmm,

as they say here in the south, better than a moonpie :D

Now we just have to hope we get a shower scene this season. And the aftermath....Hot, steamy Mac, wet hair, water dripping from his chest, wearing just his towel....all glisteny and muscular and yummy....

Whoo, did the temperature just go up a few degrees in here or what? :pantpantpant:

Well you know they did it with 'House' I think I willed that to happen, so you never know! *sends telepathic message to CSI writers*

Back