Low challenge entries - why are you not entering?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CSI_Kat, Oct 25, 2007.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Well at one time we were supposed to have 10 icons in order to have a category. I have seen several challenges lately that have had less then 10 so I am not sure if that rule has changed now or not. I have not had to change the dates of my challenge often - but I have had to do it in the past to get those 10 icons or combine the categories which then puts the beginners and advanced together.

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I think ive done a challenge with 9 advanced and then 0ne challenge with 8 icons however I changed the number of votes as I didnt want to mix the beginners and advanced.

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Sometimes I have to change the dates because I don't have enough entries at all...for a while I had only 6 for the banner challenge. That is usually the extreme for me to change the date.

As for realistic dates...we have schedules to work around too, and sometimes the deadlines have to be shorter and sometimes longer. And if there aren't enough entries to have much of anything, then yes it should be extended.

I haven't seen or heard anything about rules changing for the amount of entries per category. I think 10 is reasonable and that it's not hard to at least get that many.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I've just made a post in the Challenge Guide thread. While it won't solve all of our problems, we're hoping it will help. Please check it out here :)

5. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Okay I'm bumping this up since this is starting up again, but now we're getting a lack of beginners enteries, I noticed this both in my own previous challenge and in the miami challenge any suggestions why this is happening? :confused:

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

It could be theme related, time related, or lack of wanting to join.

I think some beginners are frankly scared to put their work out there. A person who creates a piece is always their own worst critic....I know I am when I made fan art or art for my college classes. Even if someone says they like it there is always something that the person wants to change and tweak.

7. Dragonfly

I've been noticing it too. I think it's all challenges, which means it probably isn't theme related. Perhaps it's time to start a recruiting campaign? :lol:

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Sometimes I have periods of time when I don't enter for awhile because my creativity has left me. Also, lately I haven't been too into the themes but that's just a personal thing. I enter if I like the themes and I know how hard it is to pick a theme since I do the ABC Las Vegas one so I don't blame any challenge runner for that, it's just it happens! :)

9. shazza_018

I agree with you completely! I think I'd be up for a recruiting campaign lol.

FFF - I get you, I know that has happened to me with various themes or I've just not felt that creative/ran out of time. I think everyone goes through a period like that, but think it's really much of a factor right now in my honest opinion.

10. Dragonfly

:lol: Could be fun, right? I think I'm going to have to make a new banner as soon as I get home from work :lol:

Absolutely! It happens to everyone, myself included.

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm up for recruiting people, it would be a good thing to alert a lot of the new members about what is offered over here. :)

12. shazza_018

I think it's a fine idea Meg, I might do something myself too :).

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Any specifics as to what to include or advertise? Or ideas for that matter.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Right now for me, I just can't seem to come up with anything creative, nor do I feel like it for some reason. Maybe burnout? Sometimes it's the theme too, although like Kristine, I know how hard it is to come up with one! :) But it seems for a while there were a lot of the same themes here and there, or similar ones.

As for beginners...I guess maybe keep an eye on the showcase threads and look for people who post their work there but not in the challenges? Then encourage them to join?

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

For me it's mostly with icons. I know I want to do something with a certain cap but I don't know what so I haven't entered that many icon challenges lately. I like the challenges that are coming out but I end up with a block till 10 or 11 at night and then I can't remember what I was thinking of the next morning. :alienblush:

I've also been having a minor computer problem that's been driving me up the wall!!! (Only to find out that Microsoft doesn't really know how to fix it either.) :scream:

As for beginners. Get to know some of them and PM them. CSI_Kat talked me into the Miami Icon Challenge the first few times. :shifty: Once I realized how many votes I was getting I started entering more challenges. :)

Susan