"Long Ball" Discussion - *Spoilers*

The golf episode is a prime example of why TV network executives are complete morons who can't see beyond the navels that they apparently spend all of their time examining, while not bumbling around on golf courses trying to impress each other with their shafts and balls, that is (both figuratively and literally). CBS broadcasts the PGA and LPGA tournaments, and several of their announcer "personalities" appeared in this episode, along with some low-level golf "pros" who were cheap enough to appear. The fact that the vast majority of their demographic for this show couldn't care less about the game known as The Scottish Revenge is pretty much borne out by most of the comments here (even some of the golfers here found the episode wanting).

Heaven help us if some network exec gets it into their thick skull that we want to see an episode featuring haggis being extracted from the Vic(s)-o'-the-week's stomach contents! At least they obviously don't read sites like this one (although, I'm sure that at least the most junior writer(s) do - but, they're captive to what the network execs calling the shots want). Bring back Chuck Lorre and his team to replace the network execu-duhs, at the very least!

Joe

I liked this one, but I didn't like it.

I liked the shot of Catherine/Marg's butt before they smashed to the credits, :lol: and the whole opening sequence. I found it interesting that she had a uniform following her...maybe someone learned their lesson from last year, or Brass has them keep a tight watch on the CSI's cause of that? Either way, found it interesting.

John M. Jackson. <3 He played the intense jerk role well, but I kept imagining him as Admiral Chegwidden yelling at Harm and Mac. God I miss JAG.

I loved the teasing of Hodges in this one. He likes to dish it, so it was funny to see him getting it from all angles. Loved the SuperDave/Hodges Johnny Carson/Ed MacMahon reference, and them getting yelled at by Catherine a second later. It's so funny cause all she has to do is say "David!" because that's both their names. Love it.

Other than that, it was just there. I'm liking the fact Marg is in eps for more than three minutes lately. =)

I loved the teasing of Hodges in this one. He likes to dish it, so it was funny to see him getting it from all angles. Loved the SuperDave/Hodges Johnny Carson/Ed MacMahon reference, and them getting yelled at by Catherine a second later. It's so funny cause all she has to do is say "David!" because that's both their names. Love it.

I forgot about that scene. Yeah, that was pretty good. I wonder how many younger people actually got that reference. I'm young and I got it, but then again, I love older shows and movies.

The fact that the vast majority of their demographic for this show couldn't care less about the game known as The Scottish Revenge is pretty much borne out by most of the comments here (even some of the golfers here found the episode wanting).

I agree with this. I'm by no means a golfer, though I do know how to play and have done so in the past, I was mainly bored.

Now, if it were about a golfer whose wife beat him to death for catching him with several women, than I would have been interested.

It was great to see this again all of the team so in tune on this case. The cute friendly banter between Nick, Ray and Sara. The balls all being different, and Sara like "snowflakes" And it was nothing more than a freak accident. enjoyable:thumbsup:

Scheduled to repeat this Thursday, 12/23, although I'm not sure why because I thought it was one of the least interesting episodes.

Scheduled to repeat this Thursday, 12/23, although I'm not sure why because I thought it was one of the least interesting episodes.

Well some the golf stuff was somewhat interesting but it was Ray this and Ray that and Ray everywhere, there are other CSI's on the show :scream:

And I'm still waiting on that Christmas episode, after 11 seasons you'd think there'd be one by now

Also I think Unshockable is playing on Friday

And I'm still waiting on that Christmas episode, after 11 seasons you'd think there'd be one by now
I'm still waiting on one too since almost all the other CBS crime dramas have had a Christmas/Holiday episode it seems just this year. I mean seriously, do they all hate the holidays?

I too have noticed the lack of a Christmas CSI show. NCIS,Cold Case,CSI NY etc have all had Christmas episodes, I wonder why Csi hasn't?

Back