Lindsay Love Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Guest, Apr 30, 2006.

1. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

..A thought, maybe something happened to her brother? Her bloody secret?

2. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Could be her brother? Maybe he was the one who wanted to go to NY first then he got killed. And she thought if she came to NY she could figure it out and stop bad things happening to other people.

3. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

^^ Hmm....Thats intersting. I think something bad already happened to her family, maybe her brother?

4. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

hey havent been here in a while oh alyssa i love the banner..very neat..and i was thinking about the 'tell daddy i love him' thing while i was watching it..i totally skipped over it the first time, but i had always thought that her bloody past involved her parents..im apperently wrong..
    love
    allie

5. audacity

audacity Pathologist

Love the banner, Alyssa! :)

Allie, you might be right about it involving her parents, I thought that way for while as well. The only thing that concerns me about that is the fact that Sara Sidle had something happen to her parents. I think, correct me if I'm wrong (I don't watch LV enough, most of what I hear is from family, friends), that her mother killed her father or her father killed her mother. So I don't really see the show taking Lindsay's story down that path. But who knows?

I tend to think that what ever happened was something large scale involving a lot of people. ;)

I definitely loved the father scene in "SH" and think that it was one of Lindsay's most effective scenes. Something makes me think that maybe her father passed away and that she didn't get to tell him she loved him in time. IMO.

6. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah Auda your right about Sara Sidles' parents
    love
    allie

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Yeah it was that Sara's Mother killed her father. And a lot of verbal abuse before that. She went into the system kind of like Stella. I don't know if I want her parents to have died unless it was recently before she came to NY. Being in the midwest I could see her growing up with her parents because she isn't as sensitive about things like Stella or Sara from LV. Just a thought

8. CathStokes

{Auda mostly hears me complain about LV lol}

Maybe her brother and her father? You know maybe they were cops or something, and got shot down? I dunno. Just thinking outloud here.

9. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I starting to think something with a brother or sister. Probably been reading to many fanfics. Just read one about her brother dying.

10. pinkforensics

pinkforensics Victim

It's James Vackner. ;)

I've seen Stealing Home quite a few times (I'm actually beginning to transcribe it), and love the look on Danny's face when Lindsay walks between him and Flack. It's kind of a "that's my girl!" facial expression to Flack.

I completely agree with Lindsay possibly having older, protective brothers that picked on her (which would explain her never-give-up, tough exterior around male colleagues), even though a small part of me wants her to have a younger sister after reading audrina's Beneath the Surface. The idea of one of her brothers being a police officer and being seriously injured/killed on the job would sync well with the bio information that something from her past was catalytic in her becoming a CSI. Perhaps an older brother was killed on the job and they never caught the perp? That would be motivation to become a CSI - someone who collects evidence and locks away the "bad guys"; a personal vendetta as a push, career-wise.

Another key in piecing together Lindsay's past from an audience standpoint is: Why New York? IIRC, Montana is two or three states over. Lindsay could've found work in other areas - why New York? Little questions may lead us in the right direction. (Mind you, I'm being too analytical with this.)

11. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

no I like your thinking. I do think who ever died or was the victim probably was in NY when it happened. Unless their is more than one thing that drove her to be a CSI. At this point it could be anything.

12. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

I wonder if it's something that happened within her family- it could explain why she doesn't talk about them much.

I have another question (for a fanfic): If Stella were to tell Lindsay to do something would she?
    The situation: Lindsay loses it in interrogation, Stella pulls her out and yells at her. Something comes out about Lindsay, and Stella wants her to go to Mac (and will go to Mac herself if Lindsay doesn't). Would Lindsay avoid Mac, forcing Stella to go, or go herself?

13. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I think Lindsay would go herself. I think in cool hunter even though Lindsay was talking about the building possibly being cursed she stuck to her guns about digging deeper. So I think she has the guts to talk to Mac if she has to.

14. CathStokes

I agree, I think she would do it herself, and plus she knows that if she doesn't, Mac's going to be even more pissed.

15. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

I think that if she felt strongly for something, then she would do it.

I don't think I could see Lindsay with sisters. Maybe brothers, (that's why she is so tough, no? ;) ) I think that she is close to her father as well. The way she looked at that man in stealing home when he was talking about his daughter made me think that Lindsay and her father were close and he didn't approve of her move to NY.