LIMS #4 - The Ultimate Test of Creativity - Final Results Up

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by 4ENSIX, Jul 19, 2007.

1. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Re: LIMS #4 - The Ultimate Test of Creativity - Signups now

*snuggles Jon* Can we share Daniel? If not, let's double date. :D

I'll help with the bribing- Rory Cochrane, anyone? (Geni....?) :p

2. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Wait - I thought I was getting Jon! That was the only reason I joined - if it is Jon Togo of course! LOL

3. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Okay, Lilly - let's clarify.

DANIEL IS MINE.

Nuff said.

You can share Jon with katbug - and, I mean, worst case scenario, the three of us can go out with the two of them. :D

4. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Hey now, if Erica gets Marg then I want Jorja :rolleyes: :p

Anywho, Chloe when is the first challenge going to be up? Anytime soon? *bounces from foot to foot*

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hahaha I guess everyone's happy now. No? :D

6. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Alrighty I have a question(because I just love to ask questions :rolleyes:) on average how long of a time frame will we have in between challenges and how long will we have to make the icons?

7. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Alright, I got it. How's this. katbug and I will share Jon. When we go on our two-three date, and you happen to get up to go to that bathroom or whatever, and katbug is hogging Jon against his will (j/k :p) I'll slide over near Daniel... :devil:

Speaking of Daniel, you have got to read the new book. I cannot wait until the 6th and 7th movies come out now! *squee*

And, going back on topic, chocolate_bunnys, last time it was about 5 days- a week, but Chloe can clarify further for you. ;)

8. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Ok - you guys can have Daniel - he is WAY to young for me! :lol: Actually Jon is probably to young for me as well. :eek:

BTW - feel free to call me Katrina. I have requested a screen name change but have not heard back yet (It should be CSI Kat when it gets changed.)

9. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

*coughs* Is it a bit chatty in here? Hm, no, you guys won't do this, am I right? So lets get back on topic ;)

@Ann: I think Chloe is waiting for one last participant to have 20 people in the challenge, so: anybody out there?

10. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

*cough* Sorry, Vera - you know how it is, there are some guys just so hot that they invade every thread. :D But seriously, it won't happen again (soon). ;)

Ann: Like Vera said, I'm still hoping that one more person can join, but if in another 24 hours or so there isn't anyone else, then I'll just start it up.

chocolate_bunnys: I'm thinking one round will take about a week and a half to two weeks, though I can't be certain yet, as I've never done this before. :rolleyes: We will see how it goes, though, and we can always adjust it as needed. ;)

One more participant? Please?

11. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Okie-dokie, thanks Vera and Chloe! :D I'm a bit anxious for it to start just incase you couldn't tell :lol:

I have a feeling this is going to be a blast for everyone who was in the last LIMS to see me squirm under the restrictions :lol: I did tell you all you would get back at me :p

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Hold the presses!

Why was I not informed there was another LIMS? (Besides Lilly who just told me like 10 minutes ago. :lol:) Sign. Me. Up. Chloe don't start without me! *clings* And I swear, I was out here the whole time Vera, just really really late as usual. :p

*whispers* Make a special restriction just for quoth. :devil: Baha, I kid, I kid. *hugs* I loved your LIMS. :)

13. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

WOOHOO! Party in the LIMS thread!

We have our 20th participant - the next (in this case, first) round will be up later today. Or tomorrow. It depends - it's the wee hours of the morning here, so technically it's still today, but I haven't slept yet (I swear, I could not put down HP and the Deathly Hallows :lol:) so it's sort of tomorrow. At any rate, it'll be up within 24 hours! :D

EDIT:
    Okay, I changed my mind. I'm ready to post it now! (Be forewarned, I'm being horrible right off the bat, but this is about as bad as it'll get. ;))

The challenge...

NO LAYERS
    Yes, this is an old restriction favourite - but let's face it! It's tried and true and tough. So...basically, no layers - you can use text layers and that's it. If you're using a text brush, then NO, you may NOT use a new layer. You'll have to fool around with the opacity before you do it. ;)

Remember, only submit one icon. Please PM it to me, 4ENSIX by 11:59 p.m. GMT on Saturday, July 28th. If you choose not to enter this round, p.m. me and tell me that you'll be using your free pass for this round. BUT REMEMBER! You only have one free pass until the very end - so use it wisely! Also, I do not assume that if you don't enter, you are using your free pass. You need to tell me or you will be automatically eliminated.

For this round, and this round only, you may use any pic you like. Blend them, flip them, desaturate them, but DO NOT USE LAYERS. Pics from any of the three CSIs are allowed. Actually, I'm feeling fun, so I'll also say that any picture of any cast member is permissible. For example, (*cough* Pay attention, Ann :D) you could use a picture of Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle from CSI:, or Leonard's Wife from Memento, or as herself from random photo shoots, award shows, concerts and whatnot. In the future, we'll probably just stick to the three CSIs, so keep that in mind if there's a pic you're particularly itching to use that doesn't fall within the 'normal' CSI parameter.

In addition to the LIMS-specific rules, please abide by the other relatively standard rules:

+Do not go prancing around posting your icons all over the place until after the round is over. I know from experience that you're all just going to show each other over MSN and whatnot anyway, so if you do...don't tell me. ;)
    +Your entry must not exceed 100x100px or 40kb and must be in .jpg, .png or .gif format.
    +Please refrain from using animated icons.
    +In your PM to me, please include both the image and URL (if you have fewer than 100 posts, then the URL only is okay :)) and in the subject line, please title it something like LIMS Round 1 or something similar. Challenges make for a messy inbox. ;)
    +Enter one icon and one icon only.

So, to sum up (Ann had a very nice way of doing things, don't you think?):

RESTRICTIONS:
    +Animations
    +Layers (text layers are okay)

Feel free to PM me if there are any questions. (I know it was a long post. :rolleyes:) Good luck to everybody! I can't wait to see the icons!

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Yay! First round! Can't wait to get started!

15. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Oh jeez not this again!
    Alright so are we or are we not allowed to use brushes as long as they are on the base layer?