Lieutenant Megan Donner

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Rizzoli, Feb 21, 2011.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That flashback was created for that premiere episode in season 8,and is inaccurate.The history was changed so that it seems Horatio was in charge from the start.
    Megan was in charge before her husband was killed and she took some time off,it was during that time Horatio was appointed to charge position,that is actually pointed out to Eric by Speed in an episode.
    I actually liked Megan. I wanted to see her working ,and working through her grief. That she wasn't all smiley and there was a little tension seemed perfectly normal given the situation.I was sorry to see her go after only 10 episodes.

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

No, never liked her. Not keen on the actress either. I thought she didn't fit in at all with all that Miami glamour.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    Miami didn't become glamorous and glitzy until later so that wasn't a problem (IMO).

4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Have to disagree - they were (and are) a pretty glamorous bunch!

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm speaking of the stories,plots and surroundings,not the team.For instance,Speed was great but you can't say he was glamorous .
    No problem,we can disagree,

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

The chemistry with any of the other actors wasn't the factor; its just that the writers and TPTB didn't flesh out her role well. Yes, she was going through grief for her dead husband, which led to some tension with Horatio who didn't initially want the responsibility of being in charge, but he took it. Remember, both David and Kim were on NYPD Blue together, and their chemistry was just fine on that show. Megan Donner was written as an afterthought. I think it would be too late to bring her back now; that ship has sailed. Dead in the water.

7. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Didn't think those two were ever 'together' on NYPD Blue. Thought David had gone before she arrived. And I disagree that there is chemistry between them (of the good sort, anyway). They look as if they have to grit their teeth to work together.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

You're right. I'm getting Kim mixed up with Debrah Farentino. Kim was on when Jimmy Smits was on the show.

9. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I used to love NYPD Blue

10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I think she didnt work at all, from the off she seemed ill at ease in the role.

I dont think she convinced at all, in her delivery of the lines or her performance, whether thats down to her acting or the writers I don't know.

But I thought that the character didn't gel at all with the other characters.

In fact I remember both myself and a work colleague summising after the pilot episode that she would be the first to be killed off or leave, she just didnt seem the right fit. I think the writers realised this and sorted it our pretty quickly.

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I didnt mind her character, she seemed to work well with Speed, but didnt seem right with the other characters. Maybe if she had been there longer, and had a strong storyline she would have become an important part of the show, because it definitely wasnt as glamorous then. But as it was, I didnt miss her when she left.

12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Its unlikely she was missed by anyone so early in the show. I think the writers did the right thing is getting rid early, when it looked like it wasn't working.

Its funny that as you watch the show chronologically it never suddenly hits you how glamorous its become. Its only when you jump back and watch an old episode that its so noticeable.

13. Anirandom

Anirandom Victim

I dunno if Kim will return, she's been starring on Lifetime's Army Wives since 2007.