Lieutenant Megan Donner

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Rizzoli, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Did anybody else LOVE Megan Donner?

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Was she a Lieutenant, or just the head of the day shift? :p I'm not sure if she was ever referred to as Lieutenant in the series, unless CBS added it into that page they had about the characters' backgrounds some years ago that has disappeared.

I thought she was an okay character, but lacked chemistry with the others. Seemed like she was a bit of an awkward afterthought that never quite lived up to her potential, to me anyway. Although maybe if TPTB had gambled a bit on it and gave her more than 11 episodes, things may have changed.

For what it's worth, I would have liked to have seen her in last season's premiere when they were introducing how the team was formed.

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I actually don't remember how Megan introduced herself, but I don't think she was a Lieutenant.

I've always felt that they sort of re-wrote history with that episode. If Horatio took Megan's position after she took time off to deal with her husband's death, how is it possible that he was tasked with setting up the Crime Lab? I always got the feeling that Horatio was a subordinate until she took time off and he was placed in her position. That is not how that episode made it appear.

I agree that Megan's character seemed very much like a fish out of water when compared to the rest of the team. She just didn't mesh well and I don't know if time would have cured that problem or not. I just don't think in her case it was the writing that was the problem - even though I think Kim Delaney is an outstanding actress.

I do think Megan was an important balance for Horatio, however. If Megan wasn't exactly right, the part she played has proved to be imperative and it left a huge counter-balance for Horatio absent. I still like to see a character come in and pick up that important role.

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I actually think that she lacked chemistry with David Caruso. She seemed to be nervous whenever had a scene with him. She had a nice chemistry with Speed I think, however, that's it. I think she is a good actress but not in that role. Calleigh is my fave lead of all 3 CSIs.

5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

She was absolutely definitely a Lieutenant :) I'll work on finding a source that isn't Wikipedia

6. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Most people agree that she didn't have any chemistry with Caruso but I don't see it. I think it was just a lot of tension because he was now doing her job so it made sense to me. I wish they didn't give up on her so easily but I may be alone on that.

7. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I'm a huge Kim fan, I've loved her since "NYPD Blue" and "Philly", she worked well on CSI:Miami, since her departure Horatio's been missing somebody to keep him in check. Megan wouldn't have put up with this vigilante crap from him.

8. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

She's been gone long for a while, but it would be a nice to have to see hear as a guest star in one of the Miami episodes.

9. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I also reckon that Kim should return in a guest role. If Megan returns, that would fill the void in terms of the missing counter-balance and I hope that the writers do their homework in regards to the character so that they can get it right.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I didnt mind Megan, but I also didnt really think she fit well with the team. Although I didnt like teh way she was suddenly written out of it. I dont think I would want to see her return at this point, the season 8 premiere was the only time it would really have made sense to bring her back. And if they did bring her back they would probably only kill her off anyway (think Aiden)

11. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I never had a problem with the Megan Donner character. I really liked the darker tone of the first 10-12 episodes, though.

12. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

Horation Cain was, and is the luitenant. Firstly, it's presented in the episode with the backflash, while Eric Delko was in a coma. There he's promoted as a luitenant of the science division of Miami.

Secondly, in the first or the second episode of the very first CSI: Miami, Horatio said something like.... "I didn't want this job... Take it if you want..." ... to Megan Donner.

13. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Personally I was okay with her. I don't remember whether she was in the pilot or not (Cross Jurisdictions). Like I said, not thrilled, just okay.

14. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I'm definitely going to be writing more Megan centric fics

15. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I thought she was just all right. :shifty: As far as female characters go, I like Natalia and Calleigh much better. If she did come back for a guest role, I wouldn't be jumping up and down in excitement.