"Leave Out All the Rest" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 1, 2008.

1. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I didn't get to see ANOTHER episode only because of stupid work! I got to see the last half of it, and from what I saw it was enjoyable. Loved Lady's Heather's thearpy session with Grissom. As for everything else I didn't get to witness and have to wait :( poo

2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I'm in full agreement about the Riley/Greg scenes and Nick being grumpy like Grissom; BRILL observation, by the way :)

I could SO see Greg as a hairpuller though; honestly...he's one of those characters I doubt knows how to lie (kinda like McGee on NCIS) and is just kinda innocent in a way...I don't know.
    Amazing, suspenseful episode; had me gripping the remote the entire time!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks for filling me in, Speedy. :) I think I need to watch that scene again. Oh who am I kidding? I'll probably watch the whole ep over again. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, it was funny. But, was I the only one thinking that if Greg or Wendy had been there, they would have told Hodges he was such a baby? :lol:

Same here. :lol:

You can watch the full episode at cbs.com
    That's what I did for last week's ep since the stupid VCR screwed up while I was out of town.

4. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Thanks, I've used their website before to see a few I've missed. But I can't stay on long because it's mom's work computer and it's not really meant for the net but we sneak on ;)

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Don't feel bad. Next week I have a new work schedule and I get to leave work just as CSI begins...if I get out on time. So basically I will be coming home halfway through it. Thank goodness for my DVR though. :lol:

Yeah I agree with you on Greg. Just like when he was busted by Mia back in Season 5 for losing his virginity at 22 .

6. Criminologist86

This JUST popped into my head....

I have an interview on my comp with George Eads (Nick..duh ;p) and he said something about how he thinks the mark of maturity for a guy is how they handle themselves in adversity....Think the chick tonight could have been a test of his maturity? ;) :p I'm totally kidding, of course that wasn't purposeful, but it did kinda get me thinking a little bit.

Here's to hopin' Nick measures up to George's maturity standards ;)

7. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Shut up Nick! You're not the boss yet. And it wasn't that long ago that you would kid around at a crime scene with Warrick. So just shut it!

I really liked the friendly banter between Greg and Riley. They were sure cute when they were joking around. Hope to see more of it. And on a more shallow note, I'm loving Greggo's shorter hairstyle. He looks really good.

Like many others, I was sick to death of seeing Sara in that grainy video, saying the same things over and over again. I did enjoy seeing Grissom talking with Heather. Glad to see she got a Master's degree and she's using it. She's one smart cookie and can figure Gil out faster than anyone. I loved seeing Gil resting in the spare bedroom.

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

Which brings up an interesting question: Who the heck is taking care of Hank? I hate it when writers throw in pets as token plot devices, and then basically forget all about them the rest of the time. Who's there to give him walkies? Feed him? Pet him and give him attention? Certainly not Sara . . . and, as we discovered, certainly not Grissom. If a companion animal is supposed to be important to a character -- same with a child or some other cherished relationship -- then they shouldn't just be tossed in there every now and then for the writers' convenience. There needs to be more cohesion to make it believable.

Sorry, that's just a pet peeve of mine!

Otherwise, I liked the episode. And I think I understand what the writers are doing, re: Warrick's death. Because they're all grieving for the same person, no one really knows what to say to one another and manage to keep working together. So in that sense, they've become quite dysfunctional because it's like they've all gone to their separate corners. The main clue to this is Catherine, who keeps edging in, cautiously, with a question every now and then. I actually find that very believable, though I think that from a dramatic standpoint, it may not be very satisfying for a lot of people.

I also liked the way they handled Grissom's and Sara's breakup. It was a pretty sophisticated bit of going back and forth in time with that video from Sara, and Grissom's reaction to it. In that scenario, it made sense for Grissom to go back, once again, to Lady Heather. She is different from him, yet in many ways his equal. And she's not directly involved with his work family. As she said, the reason he went to her was because her place was not work or home, so he felt safe there. Very good point!

It's interesting that this case was left unsolved. I find that more believable than solving two or three crimes every week, but I wonder if that's that, or if it will come up again later on.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  9. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think Nick was trying to be mean or bossy at all. The "stop" sounded kind of playful actually.

I think Nick was jealous that Greg wasn't doing the friendly banter thing with him! :lol: When Greg was a labrat, he and Nick always used to banter. I think Nick feels like he's being replaced. :lol:

I think he was also just kind of frustrated that they weren't getting anywhere on the case. It was definitely one of those cases that make you want to pull your hair out in frustration. And also, maybe Riley and Greg's bantering/joking reminded him of how he used to joke/banter with Warrick and he was trying to focus on work rather than deal with his grief over his best friend's death. Let's give the poor guy a break. :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

No he's not the boss, but he's a level three while Greg is still a subordinate and Riley is too. So at the scene, he was in charge. And Grissom needed information from them pronto.

And they were at a crime scene and Nick simply wanted to get them back to work.

So he was in the right

And can we keep the Nick/Greg shipper jokes to the right thread.

But Nick is in a foul mood these days because he's knee deep in grief and trying to do a job with a supervisor who is half out of it these days.

11. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I was slightly unsatisfied with the ending, in the sense that they didn't solve the case... I hope they do, but anyway...

I love Lady Heather, and it was nice to see her back. :) I think the episode was great, though. :)

12. Criminologist86

That's what I'm wondering: DID they solve the case?? Cos to me, (although two people were talking to me at once while I was trying to concentrate on the end) it seemed as though they were missing a part of the crime scene trinity....they couldn't link the suspects to the crime scenes...Or am I wrong?

It's true, Hank would never leave Grissom, nor Grissom Hank, but let's face it; he NEEDS a woman, like seriously NEEDS one, and he also needs human contact...although there are other sources I could recommend that DON'T involve Lady Heather.

As for Nicky, I can see everyone's takes on it...I honestly saw it as playful and kind of "ok ya'll, get back to work" comment, but at the same time, he wasn't exactly lashing out at them...and Nick CAN be a lot like Grissom, in that when something needs done (in this case, info needed gotten and sent to Grissom ASAP) he'll get it done at the expense of a light hearted atmosphere...if a crime scene with a dead body and weird sex toys can be lighthearded...hahaha

Speaking of which; did anyone notice Catherine's rather obvious irritation at Grissom at the beginning for not acknowledging dispatch? Woooah......I love how his face said "I know" and yet he continued on with the matter at hand; one of the many, many reasons I LOVE Gil Grissom :)

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah Grissom's burning out..at this stage you could walk up to him and tell him there's been an explosion at the lab and his bugs are all dead and he'd say, 'that's nice..':guffaw: or it might just put hi over the edge..first Warrick, then Sara, then the death of his tarantula and his fetal pig..that's just too much for the man..

14. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Sorry, but I happen to disagree that Nick was in the right.

Yes, I'm quite aware that Nick is a level 3, just as I'm aware that Greg and Riley can joke AND work at the same time.

No kidding? They were at a crime scene?

I never ship. I was in no way shipping a Nick/Greg relationship.

They're all grieving for Warrick in some form or another, and if a little levity helps to alleviate some of the pain, then so be it.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Was this comment directed at my post? I'm asking cause I didn't want to assume it was if it wasn't. :lol: But, either way I wanted to clarify my comments. I only meant FRIENDLY banter. I said maybe Nick was jealous that Greg no longer does friendly banter with him. There was nothing shippy intended in my post at all. I apologize if my comments were misunderstood. I just miss Greg and Nick's friendly banter is all. It's bad enough that we'll no longer have Nick and Warrick's friendly banter, but why do we have to lose Nick and Greg's friendly banter too? :sigh: It makes me :(
    But, when I said the comment about Nick being jealous cause he wasn't bantering with him, I was joking. That's why I put the lol smilie there. :) It was meant as a joke, but not a shippy joke.

---

Exactly! :) Nick wasn't being mean. He did have a point. Something similiar was said by someone on that Spike Channel show called Murder ...which takes real people and recreates a crime scene and has them playing CSI for a day - one guy made a joke at the "crime scene" and someone else told him it was inappropriate. As much as I loved the Riley/Greg bantering scene, I do understand why someone would tell them that it wasn't what they should be doing.

As for the grieving angle: Nick was closer to Warrick than anyone else on the team. It's highly possible that Riley and Greg's friendly bantering reminded him of the friendly bantering he used to do with his best friend, Warrick. And if that's the case, then it made him think about Warrick's death and its quite understandable that he got upset. But, I still think I heard a touch of playfulness in his voice.

And we all know good and well had Grissom been there, he probably would have told them to cut it out too, only there wouldn't have been a bit of playfulness in his voice (Grissom's been a shade grumpy lately lol - he was very grumpy with Cath in the first scene tonight).

There's also another possible motive to Nick's comment to consider here. It's been said on many occassions that Nick is very uncomfortable talking about or even hearing about anyone's sexual exploits... especially when S&M is involved. For all we know, maybe the babysitter who sexually abused him when he was nine tied him up (Riley and Greg were talking about being tied up during sex when Nick told them to stop). If that's the case then its no wonder Nick told them to stop.

Everyone deals with the death of a loved one/friend in different ways. If being Mr. Serious is Nick's way of dealing with it, then that's his way. Greg's dealing with Warrick's death by making jokes (maybe to keep his mind off of the death of a friend and colleague) and Nick's dealing by being more serious and I don't think either of them should be scrutinized for it. Riley's just being herself which there's nothing wrong with. And neither Riley nor Greg seemed to be upset by Nick's comment, so...

Yes, they can joke and work at the same time, but they weren't at that particular point. They were bantering and just standing there. They stopped after finding the "smut" as Riley put it. They were standing there bantering and looking at each other for a couple of minutes. Nick was reminding them that they needed to get back to work. I'm not saying there was anything wrong with their bantering. I thought it was cute and funny, but at the same time, Nick did have a point. And there's nothing wrong with him reminding them of the fact that they needed to find something to give Grissom to help solve the case.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008