"Leave Out All the Rest" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I think the whole Grissom/LH thing is fascinating. They've been playing out this whole dom/sub thing for years ... the way they intearct, the little rituals they share. It's more psychological than sexual ... although I'm not denying they have chemistry.

I understand G going to LH for help right now. I know lots of people think he should turn to Catherine or Brass but, really, how much depth and insight are either of them going to have here? Neither has been in this situation as far as we know. And neither has been in a relationship that really went the distance. Plus, these are co-workers ... and if there's anything worse for Grissom than opening up to someone, it would be opening up to someone he had to see everyday. It's just not who he is. LH, on the other hand, is an anthropologist. She gets Grissom ... whether you personally buy that or not, it's the way the character has been written over and over. And it's about to come in handy.

And I agree that the two of them humping it up would be absurd. LH is not some desperate chicky who will settle for a wrecked man suffering over another woman. But he has saved her a couple times, and I think she will be happy to return the favor. I also believe that she's one of the few people who can call him on his BS and get away with it.

I have to admit that the angst of the season is wearing on me, but I am looking forward to this epi more than I have any since For Warrick.

Ali

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Wow, this thread is hardly receiving any traffic!

I guess TPTB really missed the mark with this eppy. The GSR fans are unhappy and the nonGSR fans are unhappy.

3. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not unhappy as much as I'm just out of things to talk about. S&M case, which Nick and Cath appear to be working while Grissom is viewing webcam transmissions and breaking down at LH's place.

What more is there to say? So much of the analysis and speculation is probably more appropriate for the GSR thread and, frankly, those folks have pretty much run out of things talk about as well ;) I suspect it will pick up after the epi airs.

And I guess this is more relevant for the general spoiler thread, but I swear I can't remember having less info about an epi than we have about next week (9.6, Say Uncle.)

Ali

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What is a bit odd, it they brought her back during S/7 and the mystery of the MCSK, and it threw it off the continuity of the whole season, the saloon gig, and LH dressed up in a western outfit:alienblush:silly and had nothing to do with the rest of the story line. And here they go again, We just get a new CSI, Riley and Warrick just got killed and they throw LH in here:rolleyes:and GSR fans could care less, [speaking for me and others] because she has nothing to do with them~I'm sure TPTB have some reason, but we'll soon find out!

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just keep thinking back to Patricia's ( I think that's the shrink's name) comment that Gris doesn't have to talk to her, but does need to talk to someone. I think Heather will be that person. I think he feels more comfortable talking to her about what's going on with his feelings regarding Warrick and Sara... he's just not able to comfortably talk about that with a practical stranger. And Heather always was a good listener. I think that's all it'll amount to. She'll be there for him as a friend and a confidant, nothing more. But, that's just my opinion. But the fact that Heather asked him if Sara knew he was there was very telling.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I am a GLH shipper. I was since the first time I saw Grissom and LH together. But, you could be right when you said TPTB missed the mark. Part of me whats to believe this episode will begin to rectify what went wrong with Grissom and LH. And other part of me says it's just a feather in the cap of GSR. :rolleyes:

What I do think is that Grissom couldn't leave LV without seeing her. She knows him and he knows that too. There is too much between them for them not to have some closure.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I guess if they are going to go through this long goodbye with Grissom they have to do this episode, but it really feels forced.

I don't think they had to devote an entire episode to Grissom grappling on what his next life move is. It's really getting tedious for those of us who really want to get down to watching the other characters.

Grissom and GSR have eclipsed pretty much all development of the other characters. In terms of personal storylines, GSR was like a pie with 3/4 of the pie devoted to GSR and what was left divided among the rest....not much pie after that...

I'm talking about personal storylines, not the cases which seemed to get balanced out..sort of..

So it's fitting that this episode is called "Leave Out All The Rest".

Okay, I'm done griping. I'm going to go now...

8. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

From the previews, we know we're going to get *some* GSR (ick) in the eppi, but maybe it's like a farewell to GSR..???
    One can only hope...
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As much as I'd like that to be the case, unfortunately TPTB are so devoted to GSR (at the expense of everything and everyone else) they will not let it end.

10. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Then they should be shot, and a new set of PTB should be brought in, people that lean more toward PureJoy hehe

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

AS much as I really like LH, I may have to pass on this episode, mainly because I know it won't be about Grissom and LH. It will be about Grissom pouring his heart out about Sara to LH, and I'm sick of other characters being used to prop the never ending arc that is GSR. So, Supernatural will be dominating my screen tomorrow night.

I just feel like they are going to use LH for more drama. With the whole "Does Sara know you're here?" bull. Come on now. Why don't the just have Sara walk in on LH "shrinking" Gil on the couch. That will end alot of the go betweens we're going to have to go through.

Plus, I'm still stuck on the whole 'Sara leaves a video tape for Grissom' spoiler. If the fact that the episode fully revolves around Grissom wasn't enough, they throw in a Big Brother Confessional in? WTF?

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

But the thing is Grissom is leaving, and Cath, is staying so where does that leave the G/C fans? maybe they have plans to finally hook her up with the right person. Sorry but that's the facts, and then you won't have to complain about GSR anymore:thumbsup:and them those fans can complain about something else, it's always on thing or another on this board, no one is ever completely satisfied or happy about everything on this show~

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

***personally...I think Grissom should get on a horse and ride off into the sun set with............Hank..the dog.

And then someone can start a thread for Hank/Grissom shippers...

...just..a..thought..I mean..Hank is loyal, loying and in tune with Grissom's emotions..he'd never leave Grissom a video message or a letter..in fact..he would never leave Grissom because he loves his master so much.

He looks at Grissom with such love and devotion in those big, brown doggie eyes..he'd do anything for the bug man.

There's nothing more heart-warming than the love between a man and his dog.

So Grissom don't go off in the sunset with Sara, Lady H or Catherine, you don't need them, you got Hank!

And take your tarantula and fetal pig with you..unless Hank objects-then hide them..

back on topic..

14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I know we're supposed to "stay on topic," but I have to comment. This is the best solution I've yet seen to Grissom's dilemma. I'm still laughing. Forget LH or Sara; Hank's gonna spend his life bolstering G's sagging ego, giving him unconditional love and listening intently everytime G wants to talk in detail about the life cycle of whatever bug has caught his attention. Perhaps you've just anticipated LH's advice to Grissom! :guffaw:

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

myfuturecsi, you come up with the funniest scenarios. Love that one! :guffaw: