Least Favorite Episode of Season Five?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 15, 2009.

?

Which episode was your least favorite?

1. Veritas

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Page Turner

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Turbulence

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Sex, Lies and Silcone

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. The Cost of Living

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. Enough

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Dead Inside

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. My Name is Mac Taylor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The Box

14 vote(s)
    13.3%
  10. The Triangle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Forbidden Fruit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Rush to Judgment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. She's Not There

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. The Party's Over

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. No Good Deed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Green Piece

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  18. Point of No Return

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  19. Communication Breakdown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Prey

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  21. The Past, Present and Murder

14 vote(s)
    13.3%
  22. Yahrzeit

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  23. Greater Good

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  24. Grounds for Deception

34 vote(s)
    32.4%
  25. Pay Up

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

*Shudders* My least fave ep has to be Grounds for Deception...a close second would be The Past, Present, and Murder (Mac's self-righteousness much?) Anyways, back to the main topic, I was expecting Grounds for Deception to be better probably 'cause of the change and having an actor write the script. Boy, was I wrong! Well, I guess it's not entirely Melina's fault...it's not like she edited it after writing it...(BTW: who in the world did...?!) A few words to describe how I felt after watching it: Disappointed, nauseousness from seeing the poor baby in the the lab...the list goes on...*Sighs* Season 6 better be...better; much better...! Or else, I will NOT be a happy camper...

2. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Agreed.

I took a quick look at some of my earlier reviews, and my absolute lowest grade of the season went to "The Box." The case itself lacked believability. (The husband kept the girl's body in his car for two weeks before taking it to the junkyard, along with the spoon and medical card which he conveniently left with the body, and then apparently reporting the car stolen?)

In addition, this episode was the start of the "reframing" of the D/L relationship -- glossing over the events of season three and at the same time creating a scenario which was not even alluded to much less shown onscreen. And having Danny share his relationship woes with the parents of the victim was just laughable.

Comparatively, "Grounds for Deception" was a somewhat flawed and frivolous, one-off adventure, which didn't really add (or detract) much from the existing picture, except for a reference to Stella's age (which I plan to ignore for now) and perhaps a bit more ambiguity about the nature of Mac and Stella's relationship.

The two other episodes this season which recevied below average grades from me were "The Triangle" and "The Past, Present, and Murder." IIRC, "The Triangle" was the one with the microwave gun and the daughter who made her slo-mo escape at the end via helicopter.:rolleyes:

3. lowey

lowey Hit and Run

i voted for the one with the wedding. It could have been so much nicer, and I was bit confused that Flack wasn't there, cause aren't he and danny supposed to be best friends? :confused:And flack was there for Danny with the whole Ruben thing...and I didn't like Greater Good either. And again I thought D&L would have got Flack to be the godfather, cause they get on so well..but instead they picked Mac, who they both idolise.
    Anyhooo. I liked the season in general...annoyed at Angell getting killed off cause Flack was so upset-he didn't deserve that, i thought.
    I'll shut up now!!! :);)

4. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I voted for The Cost Of Living mostly because it let me down. I was expecting a lot more than what happened.

Then I remembered what episode Past, Present and Murder was and I wish I could've changed my vote. That episode was very case based. I'm not saying this because I like the romance aspects of the show, but it was just kind of boring.

5. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

its the premiere for me.....just wasnt that exciting....and Mac wasn't even hurt that bad...which was a total bummer for me.....I was expecting something big to happen...and it didnt....

6. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

I went Veritas, although the first 3 were hard to decide on.

sorry but for a season opener is was boring and i found myself up and about cleaning and putting things away it didn't keep my attention.

:eek: i can't believe i said that lol normally glued when it's on :eek:

7. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

i totally agree with ya!

I was expecting so much more from an season opener......I was imagining explosions, just really jaw-dropping action....and in the end it was just some textbook case...and really rather boring that I kinda fell asleep half-way through!

8. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Grounds for deception

Lost interest after twenty minutes. The whole trip to Greece...Alexander the great...Melina standing for her mother in that picture...Give me a break...

9. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

I wish I could change my vote! When this poll first came out Grounds for deception was fresh on my mind so that's what I voted. After unsuccessfully trying to watch the re-run of The Box last Wednesday I remember how painful it was the first time and turned it off less than half way through. It wasn't a good case, the baby drama, the whole motorcycle ride scene, and then when at the end you found out he was talking to the victims parents. WTF. Hated it.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i completely agree - that really confused me too!

:lol: i often find myself thinking similar things and i did at that point. i know they're supposed to know a lot of this stuff for their jobs but i often think "really, you just know that? you don't have to look it up at all? even though you're in a town square in fake greece allegedly several thousand miles away from the lab and possibly jetlagged?" - and frankly if they do just know *all* of it, they probably do need to get a life :lol:

it does stretch the bounds of plausibility a bit :)

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I have gone with Grounds for Deception. Mainly because I cant remember much about the earlier eps, but also because this epi really stood out for me, in terms of how bad the story was.
    The greater good epi, just before it, was dull, but Grounds for.. was just really unbelievable. It took what started as an intriguing story and ruined it. It was an interesting idea going somewhere different, but unfortunately it didn't deliver.

12. Duke

Duke Witness

I voted Page Turner. It was boring, I watched it again last night just to give it another go [I thought it might redeem itself] but after watching the opening scene with Maroon 5, I skipped to the only other decent scene in the entire episode, the end - when the guys all go to visit Sid in the hospital.

13. xSweetCSIx

xSweetCSIx Civilian

I totally agree with you about Flack and Danny. I chose Greater Good because when they said one of the team would be godfather I really thought it would of been Flack and I was really annoyed when they asked Mac to be Lucy's godfather. Danny takes Flack's friendship for granted way too much. Anyway the case was boring totally unoriginal as if we havent heard that storyline before. The DL fluff was switched to overload it was way too much. Plus no Angell so overall a pretty rubbish episode.

14. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

By far the worst for me was grounds for deception. Although I'm smack shipper myself this episode made me embarassed to watch! past and present didn't match, I can tell you Greece isnt like they presented it at all, I really laughed at the Greek lines they used,not to mention Stella's age. IMHO It really really didn't leave me a good impression.

15. lowey

lowey Hit and Run

I agree with you...but what annoyed me the most was that they didn't subtitle the greek...would have loved to know what it meant, cause I HATE it when I can't understand languages cause I love learning them and stuff (bit of a nerd where foreign languages are concerned lol!)
    Yeah, most of that ep either made me laugh or cringe.