Laurence/Raymond: Man of Mystery

Some caps from "WILD LIFE"
cooldance.gif

CATH..NICK..RAY

RAY AND SUPER DAVE

Thank's Shane great news, doesn't look like he's sitting around crying the blues. He while filming CSI made "Armored", "Predators" 'Contagion" and now this. A man of all seasons. I to have to say this is when I align myself with Carol Memdelsohn. Not the brilliant writing or her status on CSI, but how she saw the greatness in him and chose him for the show. If any one ever on here ever saw any of his 60 movies they'd know just how fantastic and versatile and how much depth he has, and the range of his acting, he can convincingly play any role and become the person he's portraying "he was at the top of our dream list, and has incredible range", CM!

LUSCIOUS

I thought it was interesting reading some of the comment blogs accompanying some of the site reporting this. Seems alot of people have an issue with a black man portraying a character that traditionally has been white. One yo-yo even said "you wouldn't have a white man portraying Malcolm X, would you?" This Superman series is supposed to be a reboot, and I think casting LF in the Perry White role is genius. I think he'll do great with it.

Here's a little info. that sheds light on why LF left from the Toronto Sun. Here's the relevant part of the article:

CASE CLOSED: If you're looking for a clue as to why Laurence Fishburne left CSI, here's one you don't need a crime lab for.

At a recent press conference for the medical thriller Contagion, it was pointed out how the credulity-stretching crime procedural CSI drives real-life lab techs "up the wall."

"I understand. That's why I'm not there anymore," says Fishburne who stars as the deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Steven Soderbergh's ultra-realistic drama about a global pandemic. He exited CSI earlier this year after two seasons.

And while Fishburne didn't directly compare CSI with Contagion, he did explain what attracted him to the latter. "I was blown away by how smart it was because a lot of what is being made now is kind of stupid. So I was very honoured to be asked to be a part of it. It's a really, really smart movie."

Audiences would seem to agree. Contagion is one of the fall's hits, having grossed more than $44 million in North America in its first 10 days.

People had that complaint about CSI since the show's inception and he had no problem joining the cast. Sounds to me like an attempt to save face and sour grapes. It also sounds like a bit of a superiority complex. I think I just lost some respect for LF.

Wow. That's really....that really sounds like sour grapes to me. He says, "That's why" he's not there anymore? Yeah, right.

Back