"Last Woman Standing" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 23, 2013.

1. byline

byline CSI Level One

Cutbacks on wardrobe? That's all I can attribute it to. Which is pretty sad, really ... since it's not like these characters have a high-priced wardrobe.

As for the episode itself, I found it marginally better than last week, but am getting really sick and tired of all the personal stuff ... week in and week out. Plea to the powers that be: Can we please have a normal two- or three-case episode, with no personal connections to the CSIs and no overlap between the cases? More than one episode of this nature would be better, but I'll take what I can get. Thank you!

I too have had some difficulties warming up to Morgan. I find myself liking Finn more, despite how badly her character has been introduced. The writers seem intent on making Morgan overly vulnerable. I think if they were go to back and study both Marg and Jorja in the earlier seasons (and if the powers that be would take the time to remember what their own series used to be), they'd see that it's entirely possible for female characters to be written in such a way that they can be emotionally empathetic, but still strong. Heck, the male characters can be emotionally empathetic, too. And it doesn't have to lead to all this personal drama. Which gets back to the aspect of this series that is becoming so old for me. Please get back to complex cases with intelligent characters who find interesting ways of figuring out what happened, OK? That's where the appeal lies.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Should have heard the posters upset about the Valentine's Day NY episode. :lol:

They did this in one night? Really? :wtf:

But yes, it does seem crazy that they solve a case in a day or night.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Lol that's why I haven't poked my head into that thread much since my initial thoughts.

4. Rena

Rena Rookie

Well, my original comment referred to Morgan and the way she's presented to us in terms of make-up and/or clothing. I know she's young, I know she came from Los Angeles, and maybe young ladies wear a lot of make-up there (though I didn't think so when I was in L.A. some time ago), but compared to Sara or Finn, it's way too much make-up, IMO. I don't hate her at all, yet it strikes me everytime I see her on screen, and it makes her (look) so different to her older female colleagues with that flawless face ... how do you say in English? She's made up to the eyeballs? Even Catherine didn't put on that much make-up.

As for the NY episode, we're not speaking of a day or a night, but of less than four hours for THREE cases (!!!), which was the fastest clearance rate in TV history :wtf::lol:

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Not the best episode but not the worst either. And I agree with others about too much personal stuff. When it becomes more of a soap opera then a crime show,that's when you know it's on the downside.
    Not that bad yet but getting there.