"Last Woman Standing" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Last Woman Standing'
    Episode Number: 1316
    Synopsis: "When several prominent poker players lose their lives, the CSI team is called to investigate before more victims surface."

Original Airdate: February 27, 2013

Written By: Gavin Harris
    Directed By: Brad Tanenbaum

Guest Stars:
    • Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
    • Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    • David Cassidy as Peter Coe
    • Becky O'Donohue as Ava Rendell
    • Scott Hoxby as Trent Aldridge
    • Henry Ian Cusick as Dr. Jimmy
    • Natalie Hall as Katy Hill
    • Kevin Scott Allen as Bo Mattison

2. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

seems to be a great episode ! The promo makes me think about 'Tressed to Kill' last year !

3. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

Well I was ready to hate this episode because I'm not a big David Cassidy fan but I rather enjoyed.Quick warning though the grossness factor was upped for this one.Lots of Morgan and Greg but not a ship in sight.Sara fans although she's not in it a whole lot there is a little hint about last week as one friend seems to be keeping an eye out for her.Once again A case and B case come together and a CSI playing cop come back but I'll live with that for what was a generally a good episode.Nick fans get to watch the fastest growing scruff ever.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Ok Ill THINK about watching.

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Hopefully I can rewatch tomorrow, missed the first 2 minutes adn people kept talking so I couldn't pay attention that well

Ecklie is now in charge :cool: and just think years ago I would have hated that and would be going :eek:

Had some interesting new causes of deaths

Card thing was cool, and it can only be shown in Vegas :)

Nice little continuity with Nick asking Sara if she's alright, and I hate his facial hair!

Can't think of much else

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Aw,is he growing the stache back?

7. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Well, that was icky.

Wouldn't have thought DB would be the man to misquote Shakespeare when they lopped Jello-man's head off.

8. Rena

Rena Rookie

Hahaha, I noticed that, too. :lol:

It was nice to watch, yet after reading a lot of comments about former episodes I also came to the conclusion that something grave has changed a long time ago. I still like watching LV, but compared to the very early seasons it became a lot ... well, trashier, soap-opera-y in terms of being a lot more focused on private stuff rather than cases. I remember old episodes where all of the CSI were competing and joking about who solved his or her case fastest. We had multiple cases and brilliant ideas. Nonetheless, I enjoy watching it every week.

I also noticed that Morgan puts on heavy make-up. All that lip gloss, rouge and eye make-up. She's pretty, no doubt, but Sara and Finn look a lot more >natural< compared to Morgan. They could do a little bit less on that.

9. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

Who knew u could kill someone with a playing card???

Ecklie is the Sheriff now??

Loving Nick's facial hair. Sexy. :)

10. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Exactly. They've been doing this with her from the start, to the point her face looks like clay at times and it's distracting because it's out of place. She doesn't need all this make-up. It's one of the reasons why it's hard for me to watch scenes with her without wanting to skip them.

11. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

What a daft episode.

It just came across as a "look how creative we are in having people killed in peculiar ways". I guess the motive was there this time but all the murders were absolutely ridiculous. Death by playing card? Force-feeding chicken hearts? Replicating the cards her father lost to? I usually have a high tolerance when it comes to suspending belief for some episodes but I honestly thought last week's seemed far more feasible in comparison. I highly doubt a woman of that size could wield that poleaxe and decapitate someone in one stroke.

How on earth was Nick able to figure out that precisely about the four puncture wounds and its significance? And what was up with that off-screen shout to Morgan that Greg did at the end? It sounded like an outtake which had managed to make its way on to the final piece! There were some really cringe-worthy poker related lines as well thrown in to the script. The actress who played the murderer and even Henry Ian Cusick felt off overall, but I think that may have been due to the poor script if anything and it seemed like they were trying to compensate for it.

But what I don't get was why was Morgan so involved? This case didn't need to be personal whatsoever and it just seemed like something tacked on to make it dramatic so it doesn't feel as inferior compared to last week.

I did like Brass' moments however, particularly his extraction of the search warrant, that genuinely made me laugh. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Finn really hasn't done a lot for a while and I'd quite like her to do something that didn't involve being in autopsy. I don't care for the character but if they put her in the field and resist the urge to make her say something inappropriate I might actually warm to her. I'm just hoping they're not saving her for a season finale thing.

So yeah, not impressed with this one at all. I guess it could have worked as one of the less-serious, light-hearted cases but it was all just a bit ridiculous, all a bit over the top and I don't feel like it really achieved anything. Now I know a lot of you may say the same about last week's but I genuinely believe there were a lot of fantastic moments in it. This one really had nothing good about it.

Wow... talk about petty, I can't think I've ever thought (or known anyone) to skip through parts of an episode because you don't like someone's appearance. Fair enough to point out she wears a bit too much but that comment just comes across as obnoxious and disrespectful.

12. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Excuse me? I said "one of the reasons". I've never liked Morgan on the show and her make up only makes it worse for me, personally. It's a public forum and it's my own view. I'm not out to be liked here or anywhere else for that matter.

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Let's be respectful, please. As long as no one is bashing the actors (instead of characters) or each other, everyone is allowed to express their opinion. I think the original poster's comment speaks more to the makeup department than the actress.

14. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I actually agree with you entirely. I dislike Morgan to begin with but the way she carries herself is definitely a huge contributing factor to that. She's superficial in my mind, that's why I have an especially huge problem with the her, Hodges, Greg "who will she pick?!" story line as well.

That being said I dislike Finn even more, so..

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

While I did find a lot of this story a bit far-fetched I still thought it was a pretty good episode. I do agree with what Crumbs said in them seeing to have to make each week somewhat personal for one of the characters. In this case it was odd.

I just want to know how all these crimes are done and solved on almost the same day? They didn't used to be that way years ago. Now they never have a change of clothes so it seems they are solving a case this. I wish they could make it a little more realistic and make it seemed a couple days have gone by. This seems to be the case with every episode lately. Really annoying.