'King Baby' Too Indecent For Television?

ooooh..heated debate with only one side debating..bwahahaha

yeah..they introduced those boxes in the corner like..2000? if the parents don`t know what their children are watching...the rest of the show`s viewers shouldn`t have to put up with this crap.

For this ep its wasn't just the little boxes it was

before first scene/After commerical

(blank screen) Due To Mature Content, Viewer Discretion Is Advised (Holds this for 20-30 seconds)

then into the show. then you see the little box with Tv14 in it.

Again i ask what didn't they get on that.

We have K-15 some shows (tho, not CSI) and those are marked in every tv guide and when that screen where are "now and "next shows" just before a show/movie starts there is usually that "K-15" sign sometimes K-18 and no one has ever whined.

The one I've wondered they show reruns of "The Practise" at 4pm.

But anyways, Destiny has her points here and I agree with her.

Aren't these the same "people " that had a duck fit over the episode of "Postcards From Buster"that had the family with 2 moms? LOL they are all probably clients of Lady Heather!!! Or need to be!!!

OK, I'm going to just jump right in here. :D I saw this on the news bites for CSI that The Body Farm has on it's website, and just about strained an eyeball, I rolled them so hard! :rolleyes:
My kid is in bed when the show starts.
I saw the Adult Content/Viewer Discretion/blah blah, and I paid attention to it.
It's there for a reason.
Why does someone always have to come in wagging their finger at everyone else?? :confused:
Its a good show, if they don't like it, they can watch something else. But, don't ruin it for the rest of us!! :rolleyes:
LR1

I'm about to add a third side to this issue by saying that both sides have a point.

I was totally with the PTC's point until they sued. They should have launched a campaign to keep parents from allowing their children to watch this and other shows. Persuasion is a much better route than legal action, and the ultimate decision lies with the parents.

Personally, there's no way I'd have watched this until I was 19. That's the point at which I was semi-corrupted enough to take it. (Coincidentally, 2000, the same year CSI started.) If I'd seen "King Baby" or "Swap Meet" first, instead of getting hooked by other episodes and then seeing them, I might not be watching it now. Nor, would I let a child or teenager under about 15 or 16 watch it (maybe a little younger, it depends on the individual child, what they can handle, and what else they are exposed to). But, if it's not your kid, it's not your choice, no matter how horrified you are.

I am a little bothered by the fact that someone's 10yr old little brother is allowed to watch this. In fact, I was disturbed by a couple of the ages in the "How old...?" thread. But it's not my place to go to someone's parents and say they can't. You just have to assume that the parents know what they're doing and are supervising enough. But, don't sue the people making the show.

Good point. I think suing is taking it way too far. But, that's just me. :D
LR1

I think the acceptable age range for this show is approximately preteens and up. I had my reality check when I saw the 9-11 plane crashes on the classrom television in Science class. I believe I was in 8th grade then. :(

I was just at the PTC and read what they said, it stated that:
"was viewed by over 30 million people, including over 2 million children between the ages of 2 and 17, according to Nielsen Media Research."

Talk about stretching the age gap, most 2 yr olds i know normally require a cartoon character present or something totally 2ish before they even get remotely interested.

As i said before they tried similar the now canceled wb show Angel the results, FCC Absolves "Angel," "Ryan".

Give me a break on this really like i said if parents don't care what their kids watch thats up to them, though we as a society have to deal with it, in the end it comes down to the fact that PTC is not giving kids and teens or adults credit.

Sure there are some who could use the infusion of brain cells, hello to the jackass-those-stunts-looked-cool gang who say they didn't notice they shouldn't try them at home.

but there are alot out there that have common sense enough to know the difference between tv and reality.

Granted though i still say it should be the Parents that do the monitoring not some "Counsel" that dictates what should and shouldn't be on tv for our own good.

My left foot, they are doing it for their own agenda, what they need is to get out of other peoples lives and find their own.

But hey thats just me. :D

I agree with you, Destiny.
They need to give more credit to people instead of just assuming that everyone is a few bricks short. I mean, yeah; there's parents that let their kids watch anything and everything, but there's also consciencious (sp) parents out there, too.

I will admit, my 8 y/o has watched some of them. If it says "Viewer Discretion..." then guess what?? She doesn't watch it. Makes her mad---she wants to be a CSI when she grows up. She's got a morbid curiosity like me, and can handle watching the vet suture up the horse, or whatever. But, if there's a warning, she's just going to have to deal with being sulky over not getting to watch. ;)

Why is this PTC or whatever going after CSI so hard?? I know there's lots of other shows they could go after. I have to think it's b/c CSI and it's cousins are so popular. ;)
LR1

Back