'King Baby' Too Indecent For Television?

CSI Files

Captain
The Parents Television Council has filed a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) complaint against the recent CSI episode, "King Baby".

The episode, which aired on February 17th, revolved around the topic of infantilism, a paraphilia for infantile objects and pampering for sexual purposes. The episode featured a grown man wearing diapers while being pampered and showed human excrement. Though CBS aired a mature content warning before the episode, "King Baby" attracted more than 30 million viewers.

"Apparently, CBS has learned absolutely nothing from the record-breaking $3.5 million fine levied against parent company, Viacom, in an effort to settle scores of indecency complaints," said <font color=yellow>L. Brent Bozell</font>, president of the organization.

This isn't the first time the Parents Television Council has filed a complaint against CBS due to a CSI episode. Just last year, the organization filed a complaint against "Ch-Ch-Changes", and has placed CSI in a list of the worst television shows based on appropriateness for family audiences from a content perspective. CBS has declined to comment on the matter.

To read the full report, visit Broadcasting and Cable (free subscription required).<center></center>

No offense to them but the PTC really needs to get a life.
Geez the same place that tried to say that the tv show "Angel" was indecent because it was considered sexual to bite someones neck, Hello its a vampire show.
in this case Hello its a Investigative show, they see alot of stuff, and the world shouldn't be coddled about it.

The whole Saving Private Ryan ordeal... it's a historic film. All these things really happened. I don't know how you can do a WWII film without showing some blood. I'm glad the FCC turned them down.

I mean, I can understand that a lot of these things air while children are still up. But whatever children watch or do not watch is the parents' responsibility. And CBS did air a viewer discretion adviced warning beforehand. I can't really think of any possible violations.

That has to be the saddest thing that I've heard in a long time. Why dont the parents shut off the tv, not watch it, and LOOK AFTER THERE OWN CHILDREN! and stop worrying about other peoples kids.

Why doesn't the LOSER councel look after there own kids instead of filing this lawsuit? Im sure their kids are already screwed up by the sounds of the parents but I guess its worth a try.

I think ive heard of this cult before....

Most know that CSI is for adults and has disclaimers. This group is trying to tell us what to watch. I say I'll watch what I please. CSI is the best and the #1 rating tells me others love it too. This group can take their Hitler-like attitudes and get stuffed! :mad:

I've kind of stuck L. Brent Bozell as the same league as Jack Chick, Jerry Fallwell, and Pat Robertson (when they're at their most bile spewing). They like to hear themselves speak, they have a rabid group who believe whatever they say, and they make up for their lack of numbers with volume of protests.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SUE SHOWS THAT OTHER PEOPLE ENJOY WATCHING!!! like..who said THEY can tell us wat families can watch and not watch! i mean..there`s a f*cking disclaimer! it`s there for a reason...if they dont want kids watching the show...the parents will tell them if they can or not...not this f*cking group! [i`m sorry for the language but this freaking pisses me off!] my mom doesn`t like CSI because she thinks its scary...my dad enjoys watching it and my brother likes it because he`s in love with Sara Sidle. i like it because it`s an awesome show! but...my family isn`t like others..i guess there are families that are just..protective of what their kids watch...but just like i said..EVERY FAMILY IS DIFFERENT!!!

its just like that stupid *ss fear factor law suit! UGHh...will they ever be satisfied? probably when all the shows are gone and only KPBS is left!!! AHH! :mad:

Biggest crock of crap I've ever heard.
There's a reason why CBS aired the disclaimer before the episode. Besides, children should not be watching CSI to begin with.

It's just a bunch of right wing ***holes trying to get nothing but "good, quality television" on the air. My thought is...if you don't like it, don't watch!!!!!!!

Posted by jerispencerlvl3:
Biggest crock of crap I've ever heard.
There's a reason why CBS aired the disclaimer before the episode. Besides, children should not be watching CSI to begin with.

It's just a bunch of right wing ***holes trying to get nothing but "good, quality television" on the air. My thought is...if you don't like it, don't watch!!!!!!!

DITTO!!! but...is a 10 year old boy too young to watch? [my brother LOVES this show! and....loves sara sidle..haha]\

i say we start an online petition about people who hate groups of people that continually sue some form of entertainment because THEY DON`T LIKE IT! :devil:

Ok, this is sad. Wasn't there that little black box "14" something [I'm not remember warnings that US uses] and yeah, it should be up to parents and they should be able to tell their kids not to watch. It's not like they are showing it as reruns at 3pm. This is just so sad to drag somethng like this.
You were warned.

If this is considered indecent, then they can take away animaniacs and all the other kiddie shows that have the slightest bit of perversion in them. :rolleyes: This is a big kids show, little kids should just watch their animaniacs.

Even that Disney's movie "Dinosaur" or something liek that a few years ago and one line what was totally not meant for little kids :lol:

Hold up, wait a minute, let us put some THOUGHT in it.

Didn't they go right out and say in the episode that infantilism WASN'T sexual and was only because the Adult Babies didn't recieve enough affection in their childhood? How can an episode say one thing, and then have some Parental Television Council say "oh, it's sexual and my kids shouldn't be watching it." Well, there was a viewer's discretion. That usually means Not-for-kids-too-young-to-handle-it. I mean, come on! The rating is PG-13. Common sense: not meant for the tots. Let them watch Spongebob...unless the "exposure of underwear" is too much. CBS really doesn't have kid's shows on during 7 to the wee hours in the morning, so if they're too little to see the giant diapers, blood, scat, whatever, THEY SHOULDN'T BE WATCHING THAT CHANNEL AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, gosh, the PTC really needs to get a life. Get a TV that has parental controls. That's why they were invented. :rolleyes:

As for the feces thing: We all see our own in the toilet everyday. get over it.

This ep was rated with the warning as being TV14 with (ADVISORY: Due To Mature Content, Viewer Discretion Is Advised.) Attached, i know cause TallyHo Also posted that in the thread, and it was on before they opened the show, and just after the commericals.

So let me ask this what part of that didn't they get?
TV14 means viewers under 14 should be advised, hey if the parents aren't keeping an eye on what their kids watch its not the shows fault, since they go through all that.

Back