"Karma to Burn" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 18, 2012.

1. byline

byline CSI Level One

Yup, I'd forgotten about that. Wonderful mockery of the CSIs and their kits!

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I liked the premier, sure it could have been better but it was still pretty good for the most part.

Nick's behavior with the armed cops was a bit overdone and un-Nick-like.

The more I see Mckean the more I despise him, so glad he got his in the end (although I'd like to see him dead, this way he can suffer all alone in misery)

Loved Greg, he had to step in and help Nick and Sara see that they are family.

Hated the kiss between Moran and Hodges, rather see her kiss Greg.

Finn was exciting in this, she is very tough and can take care of herself (mostly).

Yeah DB, I really like him more and more (wish he had been there since Grissom left and the 2 yrs with Langston never happened). The dream sequences were interesting but sometimes confusing. Reminded me of the morgue scene with Nick in GD.

Good episode

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I decided to give this episode a shot but I'm really not into it.

I'm glad they found the girl but I just didn't think Finn should have told her to leave and not go with her.

Thought Nick was out of character for throwing a beer bottle and stuff.

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Just a few more thoughts :)

Mrs. Rusell mentioned (can't remember name but I'd say it's the father) was flying back I think

That's an interesting idea :)

On Gilmore getting shot, I also thought Nick had done it for a second so yeah, they should have made it clearer.

Also he returned to work rather quickly after getting taking in by the cops

On the Hodges/Morgan kiss, I felt it was too early for one. Though yes I'd prefer Branders, but we alreay have Finn/Moreno. One at time imo

Still surprised Sheriff Liston wasn't in it, I do hope she's not gone for good

On Sara quitting I thought it was more of a leave of absence

Again, not my favorite ep but I will say there was some good acting :)

ETA: One last thing (I think LOL) Mrs. Russell called Finn "Jules"

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I thought this exchange on twitter was pretty funny:

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I watched parts of it again today. Yeah, the scene with the guy getting shot in the car happened too fast to see what really happened before the commercial break, but when they came back you could hear the cops on the radio talking about securing the roof and looking for a sniper. Of course that wasn't explicitly clear either. :lol:

I didn't mind the part about quitting so much, mainly because Nick was saying what I was thinking...she quit too! :lol: But I liked the way they went back and forth about it without really "fighting".

If I had to pick a bone, it would be the way she talked to Nick in the cell about his drinking. Did the writers forget that she once had a problem with alcohol to the point of being pretty much in the same position Nick was, except she was driving while drinking and they called Grissom to come get her? They could have at least had her reference that she's been down this road and Nick shouldn't go there.

So speaking of, yeah Nick may have been out of character with some of the things he did, but who's in character when they're drunk? That whole thing was weird anyway. If he'd fought, they would have subdued him and brought him in, not fought with him. Anyway, I did think it was funny that he called the bald cop "Mr. Clean". :lol:

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think it was more about him ignoring her calls and not answering his phone. Sara was worried about him at the beginning since she couldn't get hold of him (and all hell was breaking loose), so she probably thought something bad may have happened to him. Then, she finds out he was just on a bender, and is otherwise okay, so she's irritated and angry with him.

I've done that with my kids. They don't answer their phone, I can't find them, so I start thinking of worse-case scenarios. Eventually I find out they're okay and I go from being worried to being mad at them for not returning my calls. I thought Sara and Nick played it perfectly.

Brass talked to Sara about her drinking, but I just don't see that same scenario with Nick and Sara. (My brother would never listen to me, either.) That final scene with them was more realistic, I think. Less preachy, more back and forth.
    Besides, I don't see Nick as having a drinking problem with this one incident, so I doubt Sara would think much of it in that regard. Nick was blowing off steam; Sara's drinking was more related to depression. (Brass accused her of 'self-medicating'.)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  8. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

I am loving Elisabeth Shue on CSI :adore: one of my fave actors hope she gets more action scenes like in her movies.

9. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

Ya know, I really like Elisabeth Shue...but I do not like Finn. I have tried, really tried to be open to her character, but it is so in your face and at the expense of the "vets."

I loved Harnois when she came on, and Danson. They mesh and meld. Finn is just an extraneous character.

Karma to Burn was good, but I am so hoping to see more of the "regulars," I want to see how they evolve this season.

10. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I sense a little déjà vu here concerning Elizabeth Shue/Finn. She seems to have become the new Laurence Fishburne/Ray and it appears she is getting the same kind of treatment he was a few years ago. I think it’s a real shame.

I really like Finn who is a strong, self confident woman with a good sense of humor and who works well with others, men or women. To me that is an attractive quality. I like her close relationship and the familiarity she has with DB. It reminds me a little of Grissom/Sara minus the drama of the early years.

I would like Elizabeth Harnois to get a larger role, as I feel she is underused. She is a real jewel and I think has real star quality. I kind of like the Brody/Hodges flirtation because it goes against the grain and is a little unconventional. I’ve always had a soft spot for quirky couples, I loved Larry and Megan from Numbrs and Grissom/Sara also fit that mold.

11. Smokey

Scheduled to repeat Wednesday, 12/19. :)

12. Smokey

Scheduled to repeat...again...Wednesday, 3/6. :)