"Karma to Burn" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

THE CSI TEAM RACES TO FIND D.B. RUSSELL’S MISSING GRANDDAUGHTER, ON THE 13th SEASON PREMIERE OF “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 26

Guest Stars Include Peri Gilpin (“Frasier”) as D.B. Russell’s Wife, Barbara; Enrique Murciano (“Without a Trace”) as Detective Carlos Moreno; and Conor O’Farrell (“Justified”) Reprises His Role as Imprisoned Former Undersheriff Jeffrey McKeen

Jon Wellner Returns as Henry Andrews

CHEAT TWEET: Who kidnapped D.B. Russell’s granddaughter? Find out in the 13th season premiere of #CSI ! 9/26 10pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/MONE9F

"Karma To Burn" — D.B. Russell’s granddaughter was kidnapped in last season’s finale cliffhanger and now he leads the CSI team on a hunt to find her, on the 13th season premiere of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Wednesday, Sept. 26 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Guest stars include Peri Gilpin as D.B. Russell’s wife, Barbara, Enrique Murciano as Detective Carolos Moreno and Conor O’Farrell as former undersheriff Jeffrey McKeen. Jon Wellner returns as Henry Andrews.

SERIES REGULARS:

Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
    Elisabeth Shue (Julie Finlay)
    George Eads (Nick Stokes)
    Paul Guifoyle (Captain Jim Brass)
    Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle)
    Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders)
    Robert David Hall (Dr. Robbins)
    David Berman (David Phillips)
    Wallace Langham (David Hodges)
    Elisabeth Harnois (Morgan Brody)
    Jon Wellner (Henry Andrews)

GUEST CAST:

Marc Van (Conrad Ecklie)
    Peri Gilpin (Barbara Russell)
    Brooke Nevin (Maya)
    Mia Hays (Kaitlyn)
    Billy Magnussen (Det. Michael Crenshaw)
    Larry Mitchell (Officer Mitchell)
    Conor O’Farrell (Undersheriff McKeen)
    Brandono W. Jones (Charlie Russell)
    Peter Onorati (Det. Luke Kimball)
    Enrique Murciano (Det. Carlos Moreno)
    Craig Sheffer (Jack Gilmore)
    Lewis T. Powell (Officer Norman)
    Dennis Hill (Paramedic #1)
    Bruno Gioiello (Uniform #1 / Hank)
    William Morse (Uniform #2)
    Ron Del Barrio (Uniform #3)
    Jonathan Camp (Uniform #4)

TELEPLAY BY: Christopher Barbour and Don McGill
    STORY BY: Christopher Barbour

2. Micha

Micha Rookie

UNIFORM #1/HANK MALE.
    Possibly part of a corruption scheme in the LVPD. This uniformed officer questions CSI Stokes (George Eads).

UNIFORM #2 MALE.
    20s. This uniformed officer questions CSI Stokes

3. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

I had the thought that the two men with pistols that Nick gets in a fight with would be dirty cops and part of McKeen's group.This is beginning to look like that rather then some random bar fight.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

There is no bar fight. Alcohol is involved, but Nick is not seen at a bar.

5. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

That's what I was saying spoilers led some to think that he gets into a fight with two random men but I believed it was more likely with two of McKeen's minions.In other words not a bar fight but possibly a more targeted event.Sorry if I wasn't clearer.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Oh, no. I remember spoilers (or maybe it was a quote from a cast member) saying that Nick would be at a bar, instigate a fight and Sara would come to the rescue. That's not the situation at all.

7. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Ok so no Sara in action ?

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

TV Line - Matt's Inside Line

Susan

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Nick & Sara clip on CBSPressExpress :D - probably not avialable outside the US! :(

Nick's in jail (brused and bleeding from the lip). Sara comes to get him. He says he quit, she says "Not tonight. Tomorrow you can do whatever you want.".

Susan

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  10. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

That was a great little clip.

11. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Is it weird that I like drunk/hungover Nick?

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay, I'm back from a little vacation, and I've been hearing about this clip. I love it, even tho I haven't seen it. :lol: And I think I'll keep it that way. For me sometimes too many spoilers is a bad thing, so I think I'll wait and just watch the episode. But I think it's going to be great! :)

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

My advance review of the episode is now up for reading on the main site: "Karma to Burn." I did my best to keep it light on spoilers. It's a good episode... not as strong as "73 Seconds," but there's some good moments in it.

What I failed to mention is that the new characters getting premium screen time to make up for the years they haven't been on the show is really a ridiculous reason. What made the show excellent in the beginning years was the sparse moments in the personal department; the show really did use the forensics as a character and let that do most of the talking. After 11 1/2 seasons, did we really know a lot about Catherine Willows? Even going into Season Thirteen, the history of Nick's character is still relatively unknown. Producers should treat the last season and a half no differently than the early years, use the character development sparingly, and focus on the team as a whole. Not three newcomers who are great in their own respect, but detract focus from the others.

14. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I completely agree.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I don't think you'll get much argument on this board about them spending too much time on the newbies. :)

But I do disagree with you about Catherine. Her personal and family life got a good amount of screen time: her parents, Lindsey, her friends and lovers, past mentors, ex-husband. We saw her home on several occasions, and I knew she hadn't 'had sex in 6, no make that 7 months', or whatever that quote was. IMO, there was a lot of Cat drama. We still don't know a lot about Grissom. We've probably learned more about him since he left; but part of his personna was being an enigma, and he still is.

I've said before that I don't mind the personal stuff; it reveals more layers of the characters that we've come to love over the years. I just want it distributed more equally among the cast; and I want a good story every week. Add some forensics to all that, and I'll be a happy viewer.

Looking forward to tonight, and the new season.