Kanakaredes Leaves 'New York'

And yet they reward bad boy Charlie Sheen, handsomely. :confused:
I know it's a business, and I know these are seemingly unrelated events, but still......
Into the network hall of shame for CBS in my book.
They are going into the fall season with arguably the strongest of the network schedules, but things like this will have a negative impact, I think. I figure a night change will lose some viewers, and I have to believe that this will lose some more.

NY should've cut Belknap loose and tried harder to sign Melina. That they'd get rid of Stella and keep Lindsay tells me they've just given up completely and don't care about quality any more.

Flip me... I am in total shock... I can't believe Melina is leaving, especially without closure for her character... Hmm... I'm a bit worried for what this means for NY as a whole... Hmm... I guess only time will tell..? =\

And yet they reward bad boy Charlie Sheen, handsomely. :confused:
I know it's a business, and I know these are seemingly unrelated events, but still......
Into the network hall of shame for CBS in my book.
They are going into the fall season with arguably the strongest of the network schedules, but things like this will have a negative impact, I think. I figure a night change will lose some viewers, and I have to believe that this will lose some more.

I totally agree with you. Maybe that's the reason all these cuts are happening. They have to pay Sheen an exorbant amount of money :rolleyes: and for what? Getting in trouble all the time.

:eek: Wow, totally didn't see this one coming. I wasn't exactly the biggest Stella fan out there but you don't usually expect to see the leading lady leave. It'll be interesting to see where the show goes from here.

:eek: Wow, totally didn't see this one coming. I wasn't exactly the biggest Stella fan out there but you don't usually expect to see the leading lady leave. It'll be interesting to see where the show goes from here.
Couldn't have put it better myself Geni... The next season is going to be interesting...

Flip me... I am in total shock... I can't believe Melina is leaving, especially without closure for her character... Hmm... I'm a bit worried for what this means for NY as a whole... Hmm... I guess only time will tell..? =\

Just so I get it right....they will have characters leave with:

No storyline leading up to it?
Leaving the many shippers without endings?(of whatever sort?)

hmmmm....

Apparently for CBS a few thousand dollars of pay cut for Melina is greater than millions of dollars the show is getting yearly! How genius. :rolleyes: :scream: :wtf:

Last edited:
Damn. Not another one!! :wtf: :(

She's the last person I'd have expected to see leave. Totally unexpected -- this is awful for CSI:NY.

On a somewhat related note...who's getting promoted assistant supervisor? Hawkes or Danny?

On a somewhat related note...who's getting promoted assistant supervisor? Hawkes or Danny?

I doubt it'll be either. They'll probably just have the new character be an assistant supervisor from another jurisdiction and she'll come in and have Stella's job.

what is this thing... women leaving CBS or letting go by CBS??? :confused:

indeed, almost every person they've let go or has left is female and I don't like it one bit :mad:, sooner or later CBS is going to push female viewers (like me) or an actress too far

It's was Melina's decision to leave the show, not CBS. CBS was hoping she will resigned with the show another season. Eddie Cibrian was let go by CBS or the show let him go because the guy played Delko is coming back to the show.

Back