Kanakaredes Leaves 'New York'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 12, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CSI: New York will be down a cast member this fall when Melina Kanakaredes (Stella Bonasera) exits the series. Entertainment Weekly reports that the actress’s final episode has aired, meaning that she will not appear in the season seven premiere. In a statement, Kanakaredes said, “I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six [...]

More...

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Re: Kanakaredes Leaves ?New York?

Oh wow, another huge departure from the CSI franchise! :( This one is really sad, too.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:wtf:This really sucks big time:(, I love her, she's an awesome actress, and beautiful. What the H is happening?

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

What the *bleep* is going on at CBS?!

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm really bummed about this - Melina is fantastic, and Stella is such a big part of the CSI:NY family. I'm not sure what the show will be like without her. :(

Still, I respect that it was Melina's decision, and I hope she finds happiness and success in whatever she does now. :)

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

What is CBS doing? CSI NY on Friday? Without Melina? :confused:

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This does not bode well for NY I'm afraid, especially with its move to Friday nights (which is a lot of times a death sentence for a tv show). She's the leading lady. I don't know who they'd replace her with, but if they don't then they've only got one female in the opening credits who isn't even in every episode. Doesn't bode well at all. :(

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Whoa, :wtf::eek: that I did NOT expect

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I had the same thought, GNRFan - at this point, it's looking very likely that season 7 will be the last for NY if you ask me.

Sela Ward is amazing, if that rumor turns out to be true (which it may not be, and even if she's being considered, that doesn't mean she'll definitely be on the show) - but I'm not sure the show can recover from losing such a major player.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Oh no! This is sad news. :(

11. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

One of the very few reasons I was watching csi:ny :(
    what is this thing... women leaving CBS or letting go by CBS??? :confused:

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

My take is that no one can replace her no matter who they are. She's one of a kind, and it'll change the whole dynamics of the team and the show..for the worse:(

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Make that three of us. ;)

When looking at the shows for the upcoming season, there's just been a terrible amount of bad publicity.

First, we hear that Miami and NY will have new time slots on DIFFERENT nights.

Then, on original recipe CSI, we find out that Liz Vassey is leaving the show--and the series is taking a "different creative direction." We stilldon't know what that direction is!

Eddie Cibrian is the next cast member in the franchise to get the boot. Yeah, he's not as memorable as, say, Rory or Khandi leaving... but still, a little stability on the show would be nice.

A few weeks ago we find out Marg and Eric signed new contracts on CSI... cool. What about Paul and George? Wally and David?

And then finally, the straw that broke the CSI's back: Melina leaves NY. True, she decided to leave on her own. However, CBS should have decided to go, "you know what? Let's not reduce her salary. We need to stop with getting rid of the strong females on our station--AND--try to keep this show on the air and milk it for all its money."

Yes, I'm pissed. :klingon:

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree with everything you said Shane. What exactly is CBS doing?

It seems they want to end the series, want it to die. Sucks really, just sucks. :mad: :brickwall:

My hope is that they at least give her a good send off. A decent exit from the show.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sela Ward is a great actress, but I'm not sure if I can see her fitting in on this show... but time will tell.

I wish Melina the best though.