It's that time again--Holiday Card Swap!

That is supposed to be christmas carols, postcards or cards? I've never done things ike that never. I don't want to mess it and send a card if everybody will send a postcard. Here we don't do that thing of sending christmas cards.

Fay and Elsie, I'd really like the both of you to participate if possible. I actually KNOW you two, not just online but we've actually spent 4 whole days together in real life. :) Have your mail forwarded!

Question, are the Christmas cards suppose to be real Christmas cards ( as in halmark cards) or post cards. Also can we make our own Christmas cards?

This is slightly at a tangent and I'm so new to posting here that I'm hesitant to suggest it but ....

Reading this thread, it struck me that it might be nice if we could put together a card from everyone here for the whole CSI:NY production team. It seems a great opportunity to say thanks to everyone who works so hard to bring us something that engages us so much (most of the time anyway :) ).

If it was something as simple as sticking printouts of your messages to a large card, it could be something that I could coordinate from here (I'm UK based).

Anyway, I thought I'd just throw the idea into the pot and see what happened ;)

AlterEgo, that is a great idea! It's also very sweet of you to think of the production team, they do work very hard. ;) And thanks so much for offering to coordinate. I think it could work out if enough people participate. I'd love to be in on it. :D

Thanks for clearing that up lookaboomerang but i'm still thinking about it (Brit here :D) Elise any how dear how much it'd cost?

nattybatty55 said:
Elise any how dear how much it'd cost?

Yep, from the UK it'll cost 48p to Europe and 78p to the rest of the world. (based on 20g, an average sized card with envelope is 17-18g - it starts to get quite a bit more costly over that weight)

lookaboomerang said:
Have your mail forwarded!

Yeah I'll be doing that anyway, when I get a definite moving date I might be able to give you my new address instead. I'll let you know nearer the deadline. :)

wow, this sounds like a great idea...

I think my parents would freak on me if they found out i gave out my address on the internet :lol:

WHOO HOOO!!!! I know that I am a loser and don't post like I used to, but my life is well, busier these days ;-) However, that doesn't mean that I don't want to participate this year in the holiday card swap- I still have my cards from last year and it was sooo much fun- plus it gets me motivated to write them for all of my friends and family.

so count me in again! :D

AlterEgo said:
This is slightly at a tangent and I'm so new to posting here that I'm hesitant to suggest it but ....

Reading this thread, it struck me that it might be nice if we could put together a card from everyone here for the whole CSI:NY production team. It seems a great opportunity to say thanks to everyone who works so hard to bring us something that engages us so much (most of the time anyway :) ).

If it was something as simple as sticking printouts of your messages to a large card, it could be something that I could coordinate from here (I'm UK based).

Anyway, I thought I'd just throw the idea into the pot and see what happened ;)

The response to this has been a bit low-key and with the writers strike on at the moment, maybe it's not the best time. Perhaps it's best left for another year.

Where are the Old School Holiday Card Swappers????!!!!! Get off your butts and get online and take care of this!!! I expect at least half of last years holiday card swappers to pony up some cards this year and participate!!! :lol:

Back