"It Was a Very Good Year" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Smokey

Nickaholic
Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
Episode Title: 'It Was A Very Good Year'
Episode Number: 1304
Synopsis: "When a famed music historian is murdered and left in a piano, it has an emotional effect on Sanders, who had a past with her."

Original Airdate
: October 24, 2012

Written By: Gavin Harris
Directed By: Frank Waldeck

Guest Stars:

• Jessica Lee Keller as Alison Bailey
  • Erhun Akpinar as Ledo Wright
  • Frankie Aydugan as Tommy Grazetti, age 21
  • Channon Roe as Lenny 'Moondog' Vanders
  • Toby Huss as Frank Sinatra/Jeff Levitt
  • Marcus Brown as Stage Manager
  • Jay Acovone as Tommy Grazetti (present day)

The official CBS promo for this episode on YouTube.

I can't wait for this episode because hopefully for the first episode this season, Greg will be on more than 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Thanks Shane!

Okay I totally love Greg calling DB out on that. Also love that Greg knows when he is wrong he admits it. Looking forward to this ep even more. :thumbsup:

TV Guide - Wednesday TV Review

History also looms large on tonight's episode of CBS' CSI (10/9c), which is the series' 277th, though it rarely feels like it these days, thanks to a successful repopulating of the show last season when Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue took top billing. This week, however, belongs to one of the core regulars: Eric Szmanda as lab rat-turned-investigator Greg Sanders, who's shaken when he recognizes this week's victim du jour: a female music journalist found "cut to ribbons" inside the lid of a grand piano dumped in the desert. Turns out they collaborated, and dated, a while back when he was researching his book on "Sin City Secrets," and he figures she must have stumbled across a new secret so juicy it cost her life. The trail leads back to 1966 Rat Pack-era Las Vegas, and the legend of a gifted pianist said to have been killed by a local mobster. Music is central to this puzzle, including a soundtrack largely indebted to Frank Sinatra, and CSI's ingenuity is such that clues are provided by sources as current as a Shazam-like smart-phone app and as vintage as a vinyl LP.

Susan

A very good solid episode.Even though it was a Greg-centric episode there was a fair and balanced participation by all characters.Good twist at the end and no CSI's running around like cops.Nice to see Brass back.

Twists were much better this week

And no CSIs running around with their guns, now that is a treat :thumbsup:

Brass and the piano :)

Sam Braun mention :) nice to hear he isn't forgotten. Good continuity all around actually. DB stuff, and of course Greg's book. Still can't believe it's re appeared

Didn't like that Greg didn't say it was a bit more personal for him at first. Also wish they could have used the song 'It Was A Very Good Year' a bit more, but other than those 2 things I'm happy

Nice to see some Branders :)

Are they considering Finicky? I hope not

That scene with Greg and Hodges reminded me of Nick and Greg in Slaves of Las Vegas

Can't think of much else :)

Twists were much better this week

And no CSIs running around with their guns, now that is a treat
:thumbsup:

Brass and the piano
:)

Sam Braun mention
:) nice to hear he isn't forgotten. Good continuity all around actually. DB stuff, and of course Greg's book. Still can't believe it's re appeared

Didn't like that Greg didn't say it was a bit more personal for him at first. Also wish they could have used the song 'It Was A Very Good Year' a bit more, but other than those 2 things I'm happy

Nice to see some Branders

Are they considering Finicky? I hope not

That scene with Greg and Hodges reminded me of Nick and Greg in Slaves of Las Vegas

Can't think of much else

CSI has finally a good sequence of episodes. This season is going very well :thumbsup:

About your considerations, I've had the same feelings about this episode.

The only point I will disagree is about Finicky. But it is just a little bit ;)

I don't like Finn very much and I personally think that ES is making a miracle with this character that is really boring zzzzzz Sure Nick needs a girlfriend, not only a dog. And that could be a co-worker. It makes sense for sure. Better than a nurse coming from nowhere, but...

The only problem for me is that something like that could create a lot of romances involving main characters in CSI. That could turn CSI in Grey's Anatomy :(. And that will be very sad, considering CSI's history.

So, if I have to choose one romance between main characters I would choose Greg and Morgan :thumbsup:

I also liked how this one went...a lot of things for various fans to be happy about :)

Too bad the Sam mention couldn't work in a Catherine mention, but it was still nice anyway.

I enjoyed this episode a lot. Greg was given a chance to shine,we had Sam Bruan references and some Las Vegas history.
All in all,another great episode in a line of them so far this season.

very nice episode!nothing comes to my mind that's already been said.
i'll give this episode an 9.

- nice greg development(mature acting)
- good share of screentime
- solid case resolution(good twists )
- entertaining topic
- (not just to critisize out of a reflex) impaccable (workspace) conversations
- continuity(!)

good to see d.b as an advisor.also hodges temporary absence(a.k.a. small dosis) is a picture, which is easly to adjust.on another note: am i the only one or does it look(especially her mimic) like, if finn taking this job not so serious as the others?annoying.

all in all, 2 out of 4 episodes where really good, in my book a good indicator for a solid season.

Very nice episode! Loved the music and overall jazzy feel :)

A little slow at parts, but picked up throughout. I too liked the Sam Braun mention. Please oh pretty please have Greg and Morgan get together. It's so obvious Morgan likes Greg. Please NOOO Finn/Nick. He deserves a girlfriend just not another one on the team. The Hodges/Greg scenes were funny. Good amount of DB and Sara. Brass was back (with some piano skills ;) I love Sinatra so this episode was really enjoyable. Greg/Eric did a good job. Sad to see they both cared about each other but the relationship never went further. Glad his book resurfaced!

Last edited:
now i gotta ask.when did the book apeared the first time?last time i've heard about it, was when ray flew to l.a. and greg had to meet an publisher(correct me if i'm wrong).

Back