Is the Old Danny Back?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Fan123, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Fan123

Fan123 Hit and Run

I think it would be interesting to find scenes in Season Four where we see the earlier Danny returning. His clothes, his intensity, his vunerability..etc. I think TPTB may have heard our cries... we should acknowledge eh!

2. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Let's hope so Fan123 although I think it's still a bit too early too tell....

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Definitely, the spoilers for episode 411 make it sound like that.

This episode sounds fantastic, and like it focuses on the things that make Danny so interesting: his emotional intensity, his caring side, his vulnerability. And it's good that it's not being muddied with the romance storyline, at least from what we can tell from the spoilers.

The two eps so far have been promising as well! I love that we have things to talk about his character now other than, "Ugh, they're totally changing him so he can prop up Lindsay."

I particularly liked his reaction to Mac going postal on the terrorist in "The Deep." Danny seemed totally at a loss for what to do. And his bashfulness about taking credit for saving Hawkes was interesting as well.

4. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Although we're only two episodes into season four, I've been pleased with both. It's great to see Danny finally have something other to do than make googly eyes with Lindsay across the courtroom. To me, a large part of the downfall of Danny's character was the heavy reliance on the romantic storyline in season three. It simply stole too much time away from development of the other facets of Danny's character, that make him so compelling and didn't play into Carmine's strengths as an actor. However, so far, in season four the romance hasn't proven too much of a distraction.

In only two episodes, season four has shown us a nice taste of the Danny of old. We've seen Danny in action -- dangling from the Statue of Liberty (damn, that ass wears a harness well :devil:) and in potential peril underwater. We've seen Danny once again demonstrate unwaivering loyalty. We've seen the interesting dualism of the character in that he can play both the damsel in distress and the bashful hero. To me, that's an interesting dynamic in that at times the character calls out for attention, yet when his acts merit praise, he deflects it.

What is great is that these things we've seen have transpired in only two episodes. I feel as if I can count on one hand the interesting things we saw from Danny last season.

The spoilers for episode 411 "Childs Play" bear the potential for a truly great performance from Carmine. His emotional range is genuinely one of the best out there, particularly on TV. It strikes me as unusual that Danny came off as a complete pussy while chasing a girl, but appears all man through his tears. There's a unique strength and vulnerability to Carmine's skills as an actor that just make him so damn compelling to watch when challenged emotionally.

5. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

The 1 overwhelming feeling that I got after watching the 1st 2 episodes was that Danny was so much more like the auld Dan from Season 1. But Twink I agree with you in that we don't want to count our chickens...just yet ;) Though I lurved the fact that, IMO, he appeared bored/pissed off with Miss Munroe :lol: So much so that my computer wallpaper is the screencap where she's just stuffed the 'spray-on-condom' into his pocket & he's pulling the face that says 'P*ss off, I suppose you think you're funny!'

6. garysloveslave

garysloveslave Dead on Arrival

i did not know that he had left,lol. he seems just fine to me, i dont have any problems with how his character{sp} is acting.

7. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Well, it feels so. It seems that we are getting our intense ( the animal :lol: ) Danny back. I just hope that TPTB won't chase him off the show again, cause it was putting the crime in csi what they did to him in S3. Guess we will know for sure if the real Danny Messer is back by the end of S4. ;)

8. garysloveslave

garysloveslave Dead on Arrival

may i ask what "TPTB" means? im wracking my brain trying to figure it out,lol. :D

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

"The Powers That Be"--meaning the people in charge of the show (writers, producers, etc). ;)

I think it's a bit too soon to tell if the good-old Danny is back, but the signs so far are promising. (The less said about Lindsay, the better--and the less he's involved with her in any way, the better.)

10. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

God, I hope so. I did mention at one point last night, "Look, Danny has balls again". Here's to hoping they remain.

11. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Lol im glad I'm not the only one who noticed that...and in The Deep episode when she talks to him about him saving Hawkes's life and he tells her to "stop fooling around and get back to work"...it didnt sound bashful at that point, it sounded like he was intensely annoyed and wanted her to shut up....or i can hope so =]

I do like how the character is behaving thus far in season four though. He's more IN character than he's been since mid season 2, and i cant wait to see what more episodes bring =]

12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I sure hope that the old Danny is back. We had another potential spark of life last week when he was teasing Flack about his girlfriend (did you hear? Flack has a girlfriend!) and just being his good old smartassed self. I can't wait for the character to get back on that development road that he was on before, and for him to get his balls back. I think he got half of one back from that speed bump from Montana... maybe by mid-season he'll have earned back the rest?

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Considering what I've heard from spoilers for episode 6, I'm keeping my hopes low ... but, TPTB does have a rep now for cutting out entire scenes at the last minute, so I will see what happens before making any final decision about the old Danny having truly returned.

Let us hope that Carmine's email to Orison was bang on the money that the Danny we knew and loved will come back and stay.

14. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

So far, so good. The Amityville episode promises a bit of suckitude, but we're seeing signs of life from Danny. With any luck, it'll just be a one episode tour down lovers lane, then back to work.

15. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Well, we could just allow him the occasional bad day, but I suspect that characterization and costar aside, Carmine will knock it out of the park as usual.