Indiana Jones IV.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

It's awesome Austin, I'd highly recommend it. :D I was watching an interview with Harrison Ford the other day, and something he said made me happy, he said: "I'll never make an Indiana Jones movie without Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones without Harrison Ford, would be like a hamburger without the burger." This made my happy, cause personally I don't think that anyone could play the part like Harrison... Ok end of rant...

2. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

I saw it two weeks ago and I actually loved! Harrison looked like he never left Indy 19 years ago! I found the end with the aliens a bit of a disappointment but overall I thought it was amazing. SEQUEL please! Something for Mutt! OMG! Shia LaBeouf is sooooo........ Words cannot desribe it!

3. steph_r

steph_r Witness

Maybe i'm just not a hardcore Indiana Jones fan, but I really didn't think that much of it. It didn't bother me that he was getting on a bit - I mean hey if he can still pull those stunts and not hurt his back, go him. I think I just didn't like the ending. It was a bit "uhh where did that come from??"

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

so i have since the first time i saw the movie seen it again and loved it even more. my brother has now seen Crystal Skull three times haha. it really does get better the more times you see it. i enjoyed it the first time a lot but the second time it just totally kicked ass.

so weird me did not see the first 2 Indy movies before seeing Crystal Skull. my brother told me that Marion was in this movie and of course had no clue who she was. before i saw it a second time i watched Raiders and now Raiders is one of my fave movies and Marion Ravenwood is one of my all time fave characters. it was soo awesome they brought her back for this movie she was perfect.... perfect the first time and perfect this time. in Raiders she and Indy already had a lot of history so in a way it made sense to bring her back. when i first saw Crystal Skull and Marion drove the car over the cliff i was like "seriously she would do that?" but after seeing her in Raiders it totally fit her haha. she's an awesome character, a chick i can admire lol.

Harrison Ford looked fanatstic in this movie. he didn't look old at all he looked just right. it's been 25 years since Temple of Doom (which was supposed to be before Raiders) and 24 years since Raiders, he's supposed to look like that.

i know people have been complaining about the aliens at the end. i was too but just think about the time period.... it was 10 years after Roswell had happened and people really did believe in that stuff. it has been thought that the Mayans did try and communicate with aliens so, yeah, some of the alien aspects of the movie was believable.

so order i like the Indiana Jones movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Last Crusade, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Temple of Doom (*still learning to love this one, Willie still kinda bother me lol*).

5. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I walked into the theater with literally no expectations. I had read a lot of good and bad reviews, so I wasn't sure how it would go. But guess what...? I loved it! Okay, grant it, it had some shaky parts, but overall I thought it was really enjoyable.

Harrison was absolutely amazing, and Shia LaBeouf did a very good job. I wasn't very keen on Cate Blanchett's performance, though. I felt it was a little to stereotypical.

The ending was sort of rough for me. It felt a little out of the blue. But all the emotional angsty stuff was superbly done!

Overall, I'd give it an 7/10.

In comparison to the other movies, I'd rank it like this:

1) Raiders
    2) Crusade
    3) Crystal Skull
    4) Temple

6. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

My older brother pretty much ruined the film for me. I haven't seen it yet but he did. When he came home from watching it, he told me all about it. I was so mad at him for doing it. He annoys me so much. I think it is going to be good. Everyone I know that has seen it liked it. I am going to wait until it goes to the $2 theater in my town before I see it though.

7. DocInTheBox

DocInTheBox Dead on Arrival

Yo! I saw the movie the very first night it came out (die hard Indy fan AND Shia LaBeouf fan, so it was a win-win), and although I LOVED it, I have to say I was broad-sided by the ending. I won't spoil, but I'll just say it was NOT what I was expecting, even though it did fit with the timeline and was well-researched. It was a bit cliched and corny, especially the bit about LaBeouf's character, and some parts that could have seriously added to the action were skimmed over. However, it had mind-blowing stunts, fighting sequences, and effects that reached a level the previous three couldn't simply because of when they were filmed. The humor was also great. (The snake bit had me choking on my popcorn, I was laughing so hard.) In my opinion, it was the funniest of the four, although Temple of Doom is a very close second. Simply put, if you're an Indy fan, you'll be too psyched to see him back in action to care about the little things.

Much Love!
    DocInTheBox

8. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I played the Indiana lego game recently and i just finished it. i liked it, it was very fun. i finished with 100%.

My friend just went and saw the movie, she said it was great. From what i have heard, the ending is surprising.

9. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I saw it this weekend and I did like it - but I don't think it compares to the original movies. The whole alien thing was kind of wierd. I really did like all the subtle references to the other movies.

10. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I completely agree with you. I was left a little underwhelmed even though it was a good popcorn flick. I think I just could not get over how old Harrison Ford is! Of course I'll still buy it as soon as it comes out on DVD. Can't help myself! :lol: