Indiana Jones IV.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I love Indiana Jones' films,but I don't know if I'm gonna like the new one.
    Hey,Harrison Ford is 63...
    Indiana Jones IV.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

So? Sean Connery was 59 when he played Professor Henry Jones, Indy's dad, 63 when he made "Rising Sun," 66 for "The Rock," 69 for "Entrapment." If they can make it believable, go for it.

3. Palm

Palm Coroner

I'd totally go and see this in theatres :D

4. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

For me it's not such an age prob but if it's going to be as good as the others.

5. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

I was a major Indy fan growing up, I'll definitely go! [​IMG]

6. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Whoa. :eek: He's 63?? He doesn't look a day older than 50. ;)

I'm a big fan of Indiana Jones. :) I've seen all three and I have them on VHS. I'll definitely catch the new one if/when it is released. :)

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

4th "INDIANA JONES" TO SHOOT IN 2007.
    January 1, 2007.

BEVERLY HILLS, California (AP) -- George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited "Indiana Jones" movie will begin in 2007.
    Harrison Ford, who appeared in the three earlier flicks, the last one coming in 1989, is set to star again.
    Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.
    "It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday's Rose Parade.
    Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.
    The fourth chapter of the "Indiana Jones" saga, which will hit theaters in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum.
    Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."
    "I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.
    At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth "Indiana Jones" installment. Ford said he was "fit to continue" to play the title role despite his age.
    Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade."
    Lucas praised Ford for breathing life into his character.
    "Mostly it's the charm of Harrison that makes it work," he said.

8. grumpy

grumpy Prime Suspect

I love the Indy Jones trilogy :D I just hope this one will
    be good as the others.

9. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I honestly can't wait for this movie to come out. Indiana Jones was my first crush. *sigh* He's just so amazing, you know? Han Solo was my second crush. Does that tell you anything?

I think "The Last Crusade" is my favorite Indiana Jones film.

We named the dog Indiana.

10. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

^^That was my favorite of the three as well. I don't know how I feel about this new movie, but I will of course go see it when it opens. It could be absolutely amazing and absolutely awful. Does anyone else know who else is signed on to be in it? At one point Kevin Costner was discussed as some brother or something to Indy...

Of course the tricky part is, 17 years later, how to make Indy and Dad look good after they drank the water from the Holy Grail, giving them immortality.

11. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Well, I think that Sean Connery looks as good as ever. I mean, honestly, it's Harrison we need to worry about -- in the films he had this wonderful tan hair and far less lines in his face. The quality of the film is what I'm hoping for. I really do hope it's good. As long as he's still afraid of snakes...

It's rumored that Karen Allen will star in the movie as well. She played Marion Ravenwood in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

12. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

Sean Connery Has Lost His Indiana Jones

The fourth (and final, whispers Harrison Ford's back) Indiana Jones film, scheduled to start shooting this month, will not revisit the father-son relationship introduced in Last Crusade, if only because Sean Connery simply isn't up to it. "I thought long and hard about it, and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement, it would have been an Indiana Jones film," the 76-year-old actor says in a statement. "I love working with Steven [Spielberg] and George [Lucas], and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son. But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun."

And just like that, craft services' Metamucil budget gets reduced by half.

13. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^Jim Broadbent is going to play Indy's dad,I don't like the idea,if Sean Connery is not going to play him I'd rather prefer noone does.

Another cast members will be:Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, John Hurt and Ray Winstone.

A pic of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in the new movie:

[​IMG]

14. Dynamo1

TV Guide online said: Per Variety, Jim Broadbent will play a Yale professor in the fourth Indiana Jones film.

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

NEW YORK (AP) -- The title of the new "Indiana Jones" movie, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford, has been revealed.
    "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" will be in theaters May 22, 2008.
    The title of the long-awaited fourth installment of the adventure series was announced by Shia LaBeouf, who co-stars with Ford in the film, at the MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday.
    The new Indy adventure, which is set in the 1950s, also stars Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Jim Broadbent and Karen Allen.
    Sean Connery, who played dad to Ford's globe-trotting archaeologist in 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," will not reprise the role in the new movie.
    The series began in 1981 with "Raiders of the Lost Ark," followed by "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" in 1984 and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" (1989).