If WP was to leave will csi survive?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsandersluver, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

LaiksMarei Please see the "Help Guide" regarding "Banners & Signatures" and adapt your's accordingly, the guide is tacked at the top of this forum. Thanks.

2. Tini

Tini Lab Technician

Amen, girl.

I´m sure CSI could survive, but had a high price to pay, refering to doping ratings, originality, charm and warmth.

The show was always kind of centered around WP and I can`t see them keeping their position as most watched TV drama, without him.

It will break my heart if it happens, but I`d say: Let CSI end after season 7 !

3. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Destiny, wasn't there a thread like this not too long ago? :confused:

4. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

It wont be the same. I'll still watch it because of the other great actors like Jorja,Marg,Gary etc...but it just wont be the same without WP.

5. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

Grissom is one of the reason (and there're many!) why i watch CSI. Whitout him, it's gonna be really different and the show will miss him a lot. :(

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Someone created one, then this one was pointed out and that one was locked. ;)

7. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

If WP leaves the show they might as well put locks on the doors. He makes the show.

8. beccablue

beccablue Hit and Run

if william were to leave i think csi i would still go on. Theres been lots of episodes that have been really good even without him. Example - Gum Drops :)

9. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

Sure CSI will survive, the only question would be for how long. Honestly, if any main character were to leave the show it would be a big blow. However, we've seen quite a few episodes without Grissom these past couple of seasons and in my opinion they've been just fine. As long as the writing stays strong people will still watch because they're interested in the other characters. A fine example of this is ER, although it's past its prime now, it survived the loss of a number of main characters. I know, I know, it's not quite the same because ER was not defined by one character the way CSI is, but should WP leave I imagine the strength of the rest of the ensemble would keep it going.

10. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Yea of course CSI would survive, but losing one of its main charecters would be a HUGE blow so it might not survive for very long but I don't know I have been wrong many many times!!!

11. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

I have my doubts. If WP leaves, the show will certainly not run for another 7 seasons. It WILL lose some of its audience -many WP/Grissom fans for one. Inevitable.

Grissom is the main character and I believe that a lot of the attraction of CSI lies in the 'Gil Grissom/WP factor' -at least to me it does. He's the #1 reason why I watch the show, and why I got hooked on it in the first place.

I have to admit that it will be hard for me to keep watching CSI without Grissom being in it. I already miss him very much when he's not in an episode, so ...

Like many of you here, to me, CSI IS Grissom. So NO GRISSOM ---> NO CSI :p

It will be so different without him :(

I'll keep watching, because I love the show and I like the other characters as well, but I won't be watching with the same enthusiasm and avidity as before.
    It will always leave me the feeling that something is lacking.
    And I won't fall into a depression if I miss one episode :D ;)

12. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

i think it would for sure, i think it would be better, i mean look at gum drops, thats like the most amazing ep and no gris, i personally think its going to get heaps better the less we see of grissom, sure he is an awesome crimilist, but he just brings the mood down and stuff, but thats just my anti-grissomness lol.

but hells yeah CSI will survive

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Possibly. But for me, if WP did leave the show, LV will definitely drop down to #3 instead of #1. Grissom is such an interesting character and just adds that 'thing' to the show, at least for me. The other actors are amazing and there are some episodes without Grissom. But I only enjoy those episodes because they happen once in a while, and I know that Grissom will be back on the next episode.

14. sHiNNizLe

sHiNNizLe Rookie

Will CSI survive...?Yeah it will,but it won't be the same. Grissom is the heart of the team.What the heck,I'll still watch the show anyway -with full of sorrow-

15. Guest

Guest Guest

CSI will survive. Change is inevitable sometimes. The cast and writers will adjust. The true fans will stay. The ones that just cannot live without Grissom can watch something else. People that have never watched the show will tune in. There are kids growing up every day and a new generation is tuning in that will never even know who Grissom was.