Icon Challenge #51 - Marley And Me ~ Winners Up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by shazza_018, May 17, 2009.

1. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Ok new challenge here we go :).

Here are the RULES – please read them carefully before creating your icon and entering it:

[1] You can enter up to 4 icons = 3 100 x100 icons + 1 icon in the size 140x140, using the caps provided below. PLEASE NOTE - if you are going to make more than 1 icon, please use a different image for each one.

[2] You have until 3 p.m. GMT+1 Sunday 24th May (If you need this extending due to RL (I for one know how this can be) I'd happily extend it for you but you have to let me know ASAP) to complete your icon and submit it. PM your entry to me, shazza_018.

[3] Your icons must be 100x100 or 140x140 pixels in size – if it is any bigger, it will be re-sized, and those never look so good. So please make sure to make your icon so it is those particular sizes. ***this is important I don't want to have to resize icons myself as it is time consuming and will delay voting being put so please size your enteries correctly.

[4] I don’t want to see any vulgar words or phrases in the icons. If there is something in them that can be considered offensive, your icon will not be accepted.

[5] You may use the caps I provide or have a look in the gallery links I will provide. Please use the caps in these gallery only.

[6] No animated icons

[7] We're going to try catergories for this challenge cause I think this is much more better and fair on everyone. There are THREE categories to this challenge - Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced (If entering in Intermediate level, please include a second level -either Beginner and Advanced- incase there isn't enough entries for 3 levels) Please go the Fan Art Forum if you need help determining what category to enter. Please be fair to others. If you keep winning in beginners, move up to intermediate; let someone else win beginners and see if you place in intermediate and so on. That's how you get better, by challenging yourself.

[8] Most importantly, as this is an anonymous challenge, YOU MUST NOT POST YOUR ICONS HERE (or anywhere else). If you do, you will be disqualified. This is make sure that the voting is unbiased, and so everyone has a fair chance of winning a banner.

HOW TO SEND A PM

Subject: Misc: IC #49 - Marley And Me: Beginners (or intermediate/advanced)
    Body: Images, URLs. (I would really prefer both).

Okay here are some caps, for those of you who do not have time to go through the gallery!:
    Marley&Me01
    Marley&Me02
    Marley&Me03
    Marley&Me04
    Marley&Me05
    Marley&Me06
    Marley&Me07
    Marley&Me08
    Marley&Me09
    Marley&Me10
    Marley&Me11
    Marley&Me12
    or taking a look in the gallery here.
    Thanks to GregNickRyanFan for the caps! :D

Here's another link for some caps from Something_wicked

Any questions, please feel free to post them here, or PM me.
    IF YOU ARE A NEWBIE AND CAN NOT PM ME. Could you please email me your entries at soficoolj @ hotmail.com - please enter in subject that you are from talkCSI so I don't just mark your post as a spam. (I also use MSNmessenger on that account so just check if I’m online and you can send me it through there) but please let me know if you do this so I remember to check my emails or we can work out a time to send me them on MSN! :)

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Have fun and be creative!! and I hope you guys and gals like the theme! :)

BEGINNERS AND NEWBIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO ENTER! This is a great way to show off your skills and have some fun also you get a pretty banner at the end ;).

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2009
  2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Icon Challenge #51 - Marley And Me ~ Join Now!

Awww, yay! What a great theme! I just watched this for the first time recently, and completely fell in love with it :) I'm definitely in!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm totally in. :) Hopefully I can get some in by Wednesday night. I'll be out of town without internet access from Thursday morning until Sunday afternoon. but, I'll probably make the icons today or tomorrow. :)

4. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I'm totally in :D I didn't see this movie yet 'cause I miss it in the cinema, but I'll see it soon :)
    Great theme!!

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

The 24th is actually a Sunday :) so do you mean Saturday May 23 or Sunday May 24 :)

6. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

This week is kinda crazy for me, 2 exams, my birthday party on Friday and my birthday on Saturday, so I had a little free time just now, so mine are in. :D

7. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

You know what? I think I'll join this one. I haven't seen the movie yet but my mom did and told me about it.

8. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i haven't seen this movie yet, but i'm definitely going to try and enter!

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I haven't seen this movie yet either, but I'm up for entering :)

10. shazza_018

Oh thanks for point that out Jacquie :).

I meant Sunday I just typed in Saturday by mistake :)

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'm going to have to sit this one out, the caps are just not high enough quality for me to get anything good made. Sorry :(

12. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

I'm so in for this challenge! I love Marley and Me !:)

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sorry about that, Nikky. My VLC player always makes caps dark and I don't have a high def graphics card (can't afford one). I wish I had thought to fix all the caps and make them brighter before uploading. I do that sometimes, but I just forgot with those.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do with the settings (on the VLC player) to make the caps not as dark? All my CSI ones come out dark too (that's partly the lighting though).

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Well for me, it's not the resources that I use that seems to make nice icons. If the image quality is something I'm not to working with, the icons generally tend to look bad :lol: maybe me, some people work well with bad - medium quality pictures but I can not get reasonable looking stuff.

I use a completely different program, it allows you to resize the caps and I have this batch image things that will change all the brightness and all in batches so it doesn't take a long time. I'm going to give a link to the trailer that I made a while ago for my own use, just never got around to uploading.

Edit:

Sophia here's 171 high quality caps from the trailer, hope these are ok to be used :) Here

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  15. shazza_018

Damn can't edit my post but yes it's fine to use those too! :)
    I'll try to find HQ caps next time! :)