I Have An "LV" Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You know, that is one case that STILL confuses me, and from the answers given here, now I know why! :lol:

2. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Same here! I find that case so interesting and yet I have a hard time remembering it! I just dunnno :)

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I know! :lol: I really like the DJK trio episodes. They were hard to follow but amazing. The CSIs' discussion on the layout room really helped. Sometimes, I found them confusing after long time has passed from the moment I watched them.

Thanks PraetorCorvinus and Raynn! :thumbsup:

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi forum

I have sort of a nerdy question. In "Sex,lies and larvae" when Griss returns to examine Kalay Suttons body and Sara is telling him off for not "speaking" for the vitim. A guy passes by and says: the body is ready for you. Griss replies:thank you David.

Is that the first glipse of David Berman as David or is that another actor?

The episode is not listed on David Bermans list of jobs, but if you look at the scene it certainly looks like him.

To whom ever knows: Thank you

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Ajbuckly, according to IMDB.com, that is David Berman in "Sex, Lies and Larvae" (episode 10. But it also shows that his first episode (uncredited) was "Friends & Lovers" (episode 5).

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Thank you Dynamo1.

As I don´t have the series on DVD. I am taping from TV. I didn´t even notice the character present in thoose previous episodes. aka "Friends & lovers. Wow - respect to the show that David has been so consistent cast and played from the begining.

I do wish other characters had been treated with the same care through time aka Sofia Lombards character as an example IMHO.

7. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Now that I'm back from my break I have a question that has been nagging at my soul for several weeks. Does anyone remember in the episode, "Caged" when Greg is telling Nick about how he went to Stanford with a full ride and he brings up the fact that he and Catherine slept together? Maybe I was just having a dumb moment but was he telling the truth or just trying to get a reaction out of Nick? Greg does flirt with Catherine sometimes in the earlier seasons.

8. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

:guffaw:

I'm 99% positive that Greg only said that to get a reaction out of Nick. There has been no indication before or after that Greg slept his way to the top or that Catherine was remotely interested in him that way. He'd flirt with her, yes, and Cath would occasionally play along, but there was nothing going on. And remember, Greg flirted with practically everyone. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Definitely (and thank God) agree with Praetor that he was only kidding!

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I actually believe that he was referring to Nick 'sleeping his way to the top'. I think that was in reference to Nick and Catherine being together that we never saw. The making out scene between those two that never aired.

Greg said that he never slept his way to the top, indicating that he never did, but Nick did.

11. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Really? Hm, I never considered that angle. Since that scene in the pilot was cut, I always considered the Nick/Cath thing null and void. But with Nick's rep as a "ladies man", I suppose it could have been a dig at Nick's playboy ways.

Damn, now I'll be looking at that scene slightly differently - with a "Nick as a manwhore" kind of way.

12. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Now I have another question though...in which episodes is it said(specifically or implied) that Nick is such a playboy? I know about his relationships with, well, strippers but I've never considered Nick to be a playboy. I've always thought that was Warrick's thing.

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

In Who Are You (season 1), Grissom called him a "ladies man." That's the only one I can think of offhand at the moment.

Also, the conversation between Nick and Warrick by the dumpsters in Primum Non Necere sounded like they both were.

I didn't think Greg was implying anything about Nick in that scene from Caged - just joking around for himself. Nick's reaction seemed more "Greg, you're insane" than "how do you who I slept with?"

14. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

May it be that episode in which Greg told Nick that everyone thinks he's just a pretty face who got where he is by sleeping with Catherine? That is the episode when he drew a molecular structure of a plant on the glass wall, I think. Sorry, I dunno the name, but it's somewhere in first three seasons.

15. schedius

schedius Victim

Okay I've asked this in another forum but no one really answered so.., I was wondering does any of you know which episode or storyline that is based on real crime? I've googled it... and came across a review of this book: True Stories of CSI: The Real Crimes Behind the Best Episodes of the Popular TV Show
    the review said there's 25 episodes including:
    I'm not an American, I'm not going to be familiar with the crimes but if anyone have read or know about any other episode... please share..., I'm officially curious. Thanks.
    Oh, and someone answered about Shooting Stars and that was the only answer I got.