"Hurricane Anthony" Remake - DuCaine, Angst, PG13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Bullet_Girl, May 27, 2007.

1. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

Awesome story, Bullet_Girl. Can't wait for the next post!!! :D

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I can't wait either. This is awesome indeed :)

3. athens

athens Coroner

That is really good :)!Great work!..update soon..

4. MacsLilDevil

MacsLilDevil Police Officer

Aww BG...great post! :cool: Please add more soon!

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Go BG with the DuCaine hottness! :D

6. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

Awwwww.... Girls! Luv yas all... :p

I have a very strange feeling that I have more friends on here than in RL :eek: but all is good, because no one in RL appreciates my fics! :lol:

Okay, this isn't alot, but I have been really busy with exams/assignments/freaking out about trying to remember my drama lines, etc..... :lol: I'll try and post the last of chapter two by sunday ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Shutting his eyes again, Horatio struggled to try and control his breathing. Vivid memories of what the roads looked like on his way here invaded his mind and senses….

Rising water levels splashed at the wheels of the hummer as Horatio Caine sped along the main road, en route to the Duquesne residence. He had called and paged the woman in question several times, to no reply.

Picking up the cell phone again, he hit speed dial ‘1’ and rested the phone up against his ear.

‘C’mon…. c’mon, sweetheart….. pick up…. Please….’

He thought as he listened to the thing ring out in his ear. With every single second that went by, the color drained from his face, he started getting butterflies and his head started spinning.

‘What if Calleigh’s hurt? What if…? What if she’s unconscious? What if she’s d—‘

“Oh, stop it Caine!” he yelled at himself. How could he ever possibly think that way about his dear co-worker and friend? She was a strong, independent, southern woman who was perfectly capable of fighting her own battles and protecting herself at a time like this……

But no one could protect themselves completely, really…… and Cal was the perfect example for that. As much as Horatio would hate to admit it, she was.

Outside, he could hear the howls and moans of the wind. Debris was being thrown everywhere by the force of the wind, small trees were uprooted everywhere . It, to him, felt like they were trapped in a large well or something similar because down in Calleigh’s basement it was dark, cold and smelt…..wet. Not like moldy and disgusting wet, because everything was very clean…. But wet, like fresh rain almost. His heart suddenly thumped hard against his chest in fear that there might be a leaking window or something. But taking a deep breath in, strangely the smell wasn’t there at all anymore. Even in the slightest. He must of put it down to being so damned tired.

All this worrying he had done over Calleigh took its toll on him and he felt drowsy, but not enough to fall asleep. Especially when Calleigh was still unconscious and in as bad a physical condition as she was.

Remembering that she was bleeding when he brought her down here, he peeled back the blanket from her body and swept his eyes over her cautiously. This was awkward enough having to look over her naked form to check for injuries when she was ‘out of it’ so to speak, but just the thought of her being conscious and fully aware of his actions made his cheeks flush the deepest shade of scarlet….. It would not only be embarrassing and the cause of him finally confronting his feelings to her properly, but it would also be very difficult as he knew she would protest against it and try to talk him out of it every way she knew how. But when it came to Calleigh and her safety, Horatio was as stubborn as a bull.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

7. MacsGirlMel

awww...I hope they get found soon. Then he can do what he really wants to :devil:

8. MacsLilDevil

MacsLilDevil Police Officer

Aww Poor H! :lol: You think he'd be use to this sort of thing! :lol: :devil: Please add more soon BG!

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ahhh I hope you add soon!:)

10. athens

athens Coroner

Nice addition :)!I really want to see what Calleigh will think of that!

11. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Aww!! :D Horatio the protector, it fits him so well!! :)
    I'm sad about poor Cal getting hurt, but it'll be okay. She's the Bullet Girl, nothing can hold her down!! *opens mouth to say something, but eyes the meter fearfully* Umm... never mind... *nervous laugh. Backs out slowly*

I'm off to BG's RP to blow off some steam. Must be that time of the morning... ;) *runs*

12. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

Thanks for all of the love you girls have been giving through this feedback! :D One of my best online buds supplied alot of ideas for this next bit... the last bit of Chapter 2!!! Here we go! :devil:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But it being dark down here, he couldn’t see a thing. Carefully digging out his silver pocket mag lite from his pants pocket and switched it on, taking a brief look around the basement they were in. He saw a fridge, a TV with all the gadgets you could ever need, a washing machine, dryer, and a couple of other things that made her basement look like it could support a whole other person down there. But he knew she did this on purpose, because living in a state that had a multitude of hurricanes a year meant you needed to have a backup supply of at least the basics. Which meant food, water and even electricity. Sighing, he realized she didn’t have anything down here that could be used as a light so he could find his way around, until….

‘Ahhh! Thank the lord..’ Horatio thought to himself as he spotted a gas lamp sitting on a shelf not too far from where he lay with Calleigh. But then a sense of guilt almost washed over him. Getting up and trying to find something to light it with meant leaving Calleigh, and he didn’t want to risk her getting worse…..

Shaking his head, he leant over her and placed a light kiss on her pale and cold cheek, then whispered to her,” You’re a fighter, Cal….. You can do this….. Don’t die on me baby…”

Stealing one last, loving glance at her in the fading light of his torch, Horatio slipped from next to her and replaced the cover on her. Treading carefully, Horatio made his way over to the counter and shelves where he spotted the lamp. Placing his torch down on the counter, he knew he had to act fast. The batteries in it were running out of energy. Trying not to panic even more than what he was at the moment, Horatio focused on the task at hand. Reaching up, he searched through the various items on the shelves, not coming across anything useful. Sighing, Horatio told himself not to give up. He wasn’t going to let another person die under his watch. Not now, not ever. And definantly not Calleigh. The love of his life, the woman he had been admiring from afar for so many years. When this was all over, he was going to tell Calleigh how he felt, no matter what the consequences. Horatio had been through enough in his life to know not to stand in the way of love….

Horatio had almost given up on ever finding some matches, or something flammable with which to light this stupid lamp. He was about to turn away and find his way back to Calleigh when he saw one of those automatic lighters on the very edge of the set of shelves. Grabbing it, Horatio noticed that it felt a little light, meaning it was probably empty. But that didn’t stop him from trying to light it anyway.

Flicking the trigger on it, Horatio groaned as nothing happened. Flicking it again, he held his breath and waited….. But still, nothing happened. Frustration and a slight sense of fear was welling up in him right at the moment he started flicking the little trigger on it faster, and faster and faster….

“Damn it! Just light up already!” He growled at it, still flicking the switch on it like a click counter. Giving the trigger one last flick, he gasped when he heard a little ‘pop’ followed by a bright yellow flame springing up from the tip of the lighter. Being careful not to extinguish the flame by waving it around too much, he carefully brought the end of the lighter down to the wick inside the neck of the lamp and lit the wick, casting the room in a soft orange glow.

It would have served to be a very good mood setter for a romantic evening, but not under these circumstances to Horatio. How on earth could he think of such a thing at a time like this? Well, he didn’t know that was for sure….

Taking the base of the lamp with both hands, Horatio padded up to a small table a couple of feet from where he had laid Calleigh down. Even the soft orange glow of the flame in the lamp did nothing to change the way she looked. Underneath that cover was a seriously injured and very sick Calleigh who needed his attention more than ever right now.

Kneeling next to Calleigh, Horatio peeled the covers back carefully. An assortment of cuts, bumps, grazes and bruises greeted Horatios troubled sapphire eyes. She had been hurt way more seriously than he had first thought. But on closer inspection, none of them appeared to be bleeding or in dire need of his attention……

*CRACK!*

Horatio jumped and swore loudly as a tree collapsed outside and hit the ground, causing it to shake. Craning his neck curiously, Horatio took his attention off Calleighs body for a moment and looked at the small window, straining to see anything out of it. He was so absorbed in trying to see something outside that window that he hadn’t noticed Calleigh, who had suddenly roused from her deep unconscious state.

Blinking rapidly, Calleigh tried to clear her vision up, but it wasn’t working. She couldn’t see anything, her vision was gone. All she could see were the little stars from behind her eye lids that came out every time she tried to go to sleep. Starting to panic, Calleigh breathed heavily and let out a pained whimper.

Snapping his head towards Calleigh again, his eyes started to brim with tears. Calleigh was awake….. Alive. But definantly not in a healthy state at this point in time. Waving a hand infront of her face, he noticed her eyes just kept on blinking away and didn’t focus on anything.

“Calleigh?” He asked, slightly worried.

“H…..Horatio…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next is Chapter three! :D Full steam ahead :devil: :lol: I saw this thing on McLeods Daughters once where a character fell off a horse and got a concussion. As a result, she lost her vision for a little bit. So please do nto go and panic and think that Calleigh has gone blind or something, because she hasn't ! :lol:

For chapter three, I am going to need alot of help :p Considering how difficult Horatio was to write, Calleigh is going to be tons worse :lol: So if you have any ideas, please tell me so I can use them in the story ;)

13. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Great update, and nice work!! :) So glad she's waking up, but I got a fright with the lack of vison!! :eek: Here comes the fluff and steam!!! :D :lol:
    I'll PM you some ideas if you like, no probs! :)

14. MacsGirlMel

Oooh, you're like me...I'm working on a story where Mac goes blind that way from a bomb. GMTA

I saw a show use the concussion blindness (plane crash in that case)as a plotline too, on Due South.

more soon!

15. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

yaaay :D We're alike.. wooo... :eek: :lol: I'm just ina a really weird mood lol. Yeah, Emer... some ideas wouldn't be that bad...considering how great your stories are as wholes, I can't wait for ya to send me some ideas :p I love the lack of vision thing, but now I have to go research it so I can use it to my full, evil advantage... muahahaha... :lol:

I'm off ot go check on our RP and then go to sleep *yawn* :lol: bye! :D