How many seasons do you think is left for Las Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've heard a rumour that petersen will not sign a new contract after this one runs out, and that it runs out after season 7... i think continuing csi if he would leave would be like .... *tries to think of something smart* .... well i can't think of something smart, but you get the point.
dynamo1; yeah those series survived castchanges, but they're not as good as csi now are they ;)
haha... but seriously, i would very much dislike the series continuing without grissom.. or anyone else for that matter.
just my opinion...

Yeah, it's gonna be too weird.

The thing is CSI is not only about the cases -whether people like it or not. Characters are the cement of this show. So if one of them leaves ... it's just not the same anymore. Like there's something missing.

If Billy Petersen/Grissom leaves, the show loses its heart and its brain.

I think CSI LV will continue many more season but with the original team (Brass, Grisson, nick, Warrick, Sanders, Sara, catherin and Dr. [sorry, blank]), they don't pass a 11th season.

GrissomFREAK said:
Yeah, it's gonna be too weird.

The thing is CSI is not only about the cases -whether people like it or not. Characters are the cement of this show. So if one of them leaves ... it's just not the same anymore. Like there's something missing.

If Billy Petersen/Grissom leaves, the show loses its heart and its brain.

I agree GF.
Without Grissom, the heart of the show is gone. It's really sad to know that we're sort of being prepared for an end. If I had my way, CSI would last for many many more years. Even if the show continues without Grissom, the characters wouldn't have the same chemistry. Nobody, in my mind, can replace Grissom. Not even Catherine.

Okay folks if you want to talk about Grissom leaving there is a thread specifically for it. This thread is about the overall show and how many seasons it has left.

sorry Destiny! :D got a little caught up there..
I'd have to say that CSI has, unfortunately, got only a few more seasons left. :(

I think one more at the most. I don't think some of them will be back nexted year if it happen that they go no with the show.

I know that both Billy and Marg are disappointed with the show lately. They were both upset with the number of spin-offs and that the writers from their show were taken away.

Drumchik said:
I know that both Billy and Marg are disappointed with the show lately. They were both upset with the number of spin-offs and that the writers from their show were taken away.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

complain, complain. I don't believe for one second that the spin offs affected vegas. The other 2 shows don't seem to be affected by stretching out the writing talent, and there were some really good eps in season 5. They are just bitter that miami and ny are so successful.

Depends really if you ask me. Out of all three shows this one has the most solid cast and brilliant chemistry. And that's including the little side characters like Hodges, Wendy, etc.

If they decide to carry the show on for another season or two I say go for it but only if the original lineup stays the same, otherwise it just wouldn't feel like CSI to me. *has flashbacks of X-Files* :eek:

The last thing I'd want to see happen to this show is for it to turn into X-Files and for it to just die a slow and painful death. :(

Just for the sake of curiosity, how many seasons are left in all the actor's contracts? Namely the main cast, like Petersen, Fox, Helgenberger, etc?

EDIT: I forgot to add, one thing I don't want is any more spinoffs; two is enough that's it, end of discussion, we don't need another one.

My guess why Marg and Billy are upset about all the spinoffs? They're probably worried that TPTB are thinking in nothing but dollar signs and are just churning out more series to rake in more money by cashing in on the flagship shows' popularity.

That was one reason on the spin-offs money, but the other was they thought that it was one to many similar shows on the air, that by making spin-off's it took the orginiality away from the orginial.

But in actuality it may have helped them even more, alot of people I know at first didn't like CSI, but loved either Miami or NY or both of those two, and they gave the orginial one more chance and found they liked the orginial and at least one or both of the spin-offs.

As to the show staying on the air, thats all CBS, ratings, and Contracts of the stars. So until there is something official I don't think we will know for sure at all.

Cova said:
Depends really if you ask me. Out of all three shows this one has the most solid cast and brilliant chemistry. And that's including the little side characters like Hodges, Wendy, etc.

If they decide to carry the show on for another season or two I say go for it but only if the original lineup stays the same, otherwise it just wouldn't feel like CSI to me. *has flashbacks of X-Files* :eek:

The last thing I'd want to see happen to this show is for it to turn into X-Files and for it to just die a slow and painful death. :(

Just for the sake of curiosity, how many seasons are left in all the actor's contracts? Namely the main cast, like Petersen, Fox, Helgenberger, etc?

EDIT: I forgot to add, one thing I don't want is any more spinoffs; two is enough that's it, end of discussion, we don't need another one.

My guess why Marg and Billy are upset about all the spinoffs? They're probably worried that TPTB are thinking in nothing but dollar signs and are just churning out more series to rake in more money by cashing in on the flagship shows' popularity.

sorry you don't like the spin offs, but if it weren't for miami, I would never have even watched vegas. Also, instead of having one hit show, they have an empire, with 3 killer nights. Plus, now (at least where I live), all three shows are repeated on a daily basis. And they really are all different. This gives people a choice, so if they don't like vegas, they might like one of the other 2. I am always finding people who like miami, but find vegas boring. New york is my favorite now.

Even with the cons on the spin offs, they are completely missing all the pros, and I would have to say making 2 other shows was the best idea.

well first of all, i don't like the spin-offs at all, but as you've said, they do not effect csi lv...

but back to topic, even if i think that csi wouldn't be as great without the original cast, i do find it hard to believe they would shut it down just because one or two castmembers quit.. sadly.

i hope they go to 10 seasons. but i read some where i think it was on a billy petersen forum that billy is think of leaving the show for good next season its not going to last long after if he will leave

I think there will only be a couple more after this one. I would hope they would continue to at least 10 (although I would love to have many more than that). But I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back