How many seasons do you think is left for Las Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if Billy leaves, they are going to attempt a 8th Season anyways. For the money and because the general public wants it. But, I don't think it is gonna work.

I could never imagine the show without any of the originals.
AKA:
Brass
Sara
Grissom
Warrick
Catherine
Greg
Nick
Doc. Robbins

They ahve such good chemistry and make such a fabulous team, that without any of them. It would not be CSI: Las Vegas.

I don't want CSI to die a slow and painful detah and maybe if Billy decides to leave along with Gary Dourdan (another rumour) or any of the other actors. They might end it at the Seventh Season.

I will most probably become really sad if they do but there is a possibility. Atleast the show will go out being The original CSI that started it all and is still great!

I'm hoping for at least 3 more seasons. I think that if William Petersen leaves the show will be of course different. It's like if Alan Alda left M*A*S*H... we're without the protagonist.

xfcanadian said:

sorry you don't like the spin offs, but if it weren't for miami, I would never have even watched vegas. Also, instead of having one hit show, they have an empire, with 3 killer nights. Plus, now (at least where I live), all three shows are repeated on a daily basis. And they really are all different. This gives people a choice, so if they don't like vegas, they might like one of the other 2. I am always finding people who like miami, but find vegas boring. New york is my favorite now.

Even with the cons on the spin offs, they are completely missing all the pros, and I would have to say making 2 other shows was the best idea.

I never said I don't like the spinoffs, I watch all three of the shows. I just recently started getting more heavilly involved with Miami despite being a casual fan at best. Plus, I absolutely love CSI: New York, the minute I heard Gary Sinise was in it I was sold. Plus the characters have grown on me as well. Miami, that's another story...I can't really comment on it since I'm a casual fan but it's begun to grow on me.

The spinoffs aren't carbon copies either which I like, and also that makes them more accessible to new fans; the way I see it the shows are like this: New York is dark and creeps under your skin, where Miami is bright and fast with lotsa action.

So spinoffs bad? Not at all, but I think three is enough, what they'd do in a fourth we haven't seen in the others I don't know but the two we have now still have plenty of time to grow more so why add any more of them?

If this is to be CSI's final season I'd accept it but namely so I wouldn't have to see it suffer the same fate as The X-Files did. Granted we still had Mulder and I liked the Doggett character but the final season was pitiful and left me feeling empty and disappointed because of cast disputes and the like. It would break my heart to see CSI go through the same thing.

Well I guess CSI isn't going to last forever. I'd like it to continue for a few more seasons without cast changes but if anyone leaves, the show will either come to an end or they'll bring someone else in and I don't like that idea because I've grown attached to the current characters.

i think it does depend on if billy leaves or not.
like, i don't think any of the other cast members will leave before him.
i hope that they end the series when he leaves because...
it just wouldn't be the same without the bugman :p
but i hardly believe they will do so...
as long as there's money to earn they will keep in going.

I look at it this way. If Hugh Laurie left HOUSE, would the show be the same? Because after all, the show is named HOUSE!

Billy leaving the show will have a major impact in how many seasons are left. I see a possible 2, maybe 3.

Honestly I'd rather not think about it. I want to enjoy the ride that left.

I might be able to give a real opinion after we see the next few eps with out WP.

Vegaslights, I see what you're saying, but House is the show. With out him there is no show. But WP is just apart of a lager cast. The rest of the cast should be able to fill that gap.

vegaslights said:
I look at it this way. If Hugh Laurie left HOUSE, would the show be the same? Because after all, the show is named HOUSE!

Billy leaving the show will have a major impact in how many seasons are left. I see a possible 2, maybe 3.

That's so true! I was actually using that House comparison. I was thinking about it when I read this :lol:

Along the CSI stay on top 10 or 20, I can't remember which one. CSI will go on 'till the cast called it quit.

A lot of people seem afraid of change...

I think CSI can go for as long as the storyline remain fresh and the ratings remain solid. MASH went for 11 years while losing many fan fav characters, and completely changing the feel from comedy to fairly serious. Yet the final episode was one of the most watched shows ever.

If Grissom leaves, boo hoo... I'll wait to see what they do, the show could be even better if you have an open mind about it ;)

The question is, though, could M*A*S*H have survived if Hawkeye had left?

The real hopeful story is, I think, ER. But on that show, we had George Clooney leave, then a few others (my mind's hazy; haven't watched it in years), added a few others... and only then did Anthony Edwards - the nominal lead, I would argue - leave the show. By then the audience was used to people coming and going, and were willing to get involved with new characters.

So if CSI can do this, they should be okay. They've tested the waters with the disappearance or near-disappearance of the cops/Bobby/Mia/Ecklie (AND JUST WHERE THE HELL IS ECKLIE?!!!! - ahem, sorry) and with the addition of Sofia and Hodges and Wendy and the characters coming up during Grissom's sabbatical. But I would have felt better about the longevity of the series if other members of the main cast had left and been replaced and the show continued to be strong anyway. (That is, I would have been personally disappointed to see any of them go - I love the main cast - but it would have eased people into accepting the eventual departure of WP.)

To go back to my original comment... Trapper leaving before Hawkeye, that's one thing. But Hawkeye leaving before Trapper? Would have killed the show. But that was only three seasons in, so maybe in this case CSI can avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back