How many seasons do you think is left for Las Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umrguy1985

Civilian
I'm just curious to see some other people's thoughts on how many seasons are left. I really hope there are at least a few more. I will miss them when it is gone.

In my opinion, as long as the stories stay fresh and interesting, it does not matter how many cast changes there are. This show can run for years. Other shows, like Law & Order, ER, Mission: Impossible, and M*A*S*H, have survived with cast changes. CSI can, too.

Loc: Charleston, WV, USA, Earth
Re: How many seasons do you think is left for Las Vegas? [Re: umrguy1985]
#1055076 - Thu Jan 04 2007 04:42 AM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply
DYNAMO SAID IN HIS PREVIOUS POST:
"In my opinion, as long as the stories stay fresh and interesting, it does not matter how many cast changes there are. This show can run for years. Other shows, like Law & Order, ER, Mission: Impossible, and M*A*S*H, have survived with cast changes. CSI can, too."

My Response:
I disagree Dynamo. I believe this cast has a chemistry like no other.They all have a good past in the series, that seems to have everybody so involved emotionally with these characters, not to mention the histories that they have endured. I mean, even david hodges is great. and hes way down the pecking order. Every Cast member has their own certain quality.
I believe, that, keep the same writes, music guys (cause they always have great music) producers, and especially cast.

Long live the original 6. ( Brass, Chatherine, Sara*(Holly Gribbs was first for the first two episodes until she was KIA), Nick, warrick, and of course, Grusome Gil Grissom. (Thats from way back)
If things stay the same, which I'd imagine they will considering the money they are making, I honestly can't even make a judgement. Cuase i Just dont ever want it to end.

Don't get me wrong. I do not want the original cast to leave. But if they want to pursue roles on stage or in movies, then money might not keep them there. And CBS will only go so far with the money. Don't forget they fired George Eads and Jorja Fox for a brief time over possible contract disputes until they hired them back. But if they decide to leave, a suitable replacement might fit in.

i hope there's at least 3 more seasons :)
but even if it ends i mean it was a good run.
at least we had 7 seasons, that's longer than some shows lasted.

Yeah, I was hoping there would be three more seasons also. That way there would be an even 10. But, I would watch it as long as it stayed on.

Dynamo1 said:
In my opinion, as long as the stories stay fresh and interesting, it does not matter how many cast changes there are. This show can run for years.
I agree, the key to the success and how long CSI can continue on for will, in my opinion, be down the to storeylines. I hope it will continue on for years to come. :)

Considering the show's structure, it could be another ER. But that depends on the cast, which is not anywhere near as fluid as ER's, and it depends on what CBS is looking for as far as ratings go. Grey's has made an impact on ratings, and as the years go by, there will be more competition that could have even more of an impact than Grey's. Also, there are some fans who thing the whole "forensics thing" is old news and want to watch a different type of show.

So...I will guess that Billy will leave after next season and that the show will live on another year or two (if the rest of the cast stays on) and then it will either be cancelled or more cast members will leave, which will end up getting the show cancelled anyway.

We all hope CSI will last for many years to come, but let's face it, the show is in its seventh year now, and when they decide to make cast changes at this point, it can be dangerous. People have gotten used to the characters, and whether we like it or not, even if the storylines remain appealing, I believe it will have an impact on ratings and slowly but surely lead to the end of the show.

Personally I can see it starting to drag now so I hope it stops whilst it still retains some of its greatness. With WP wanting some time out, can it bring back its glory days with a slightly different cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back