Horatio & Yelina #7: "So Much Unresolved Love" (we quote)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #7 - "So Much Unresolved Love" (we quot

My dictionary defines Nerd as an unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person; especially : one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits. Do you know the term 'geek'? Same thing. Now some may want to argue about H's attractiveness (to me he isn't), but generally it's applied to a brainy person with no outside interests. Some rare nerds may be thought of as kind of cute but. . .well. . .nerdy. I'm assuming this is how EyeHeartH is using the term! ;)

^ uhhh almost got what mean this word. thanks. i love to know new words... but some of them are too 'complex' for my limited brain capacity ;)

even H/Y relationship some times come too much for me :lol: i hate to think, in hot summer days without enough morning coffee. :p and talking for summer... when H are going to take off his coat and unbutton some button of his shirt... yes i know i know he is around 50 y. old... not so sexy type... but if this make Yelina to jump on him i`m all for this :devil: or maybe H will go to see Yelina on the beach in her off day...and she is lie on chaise-longue only with sexy bathing/swimming suit ... heheh then i can picture H jump on the water fully dressed trying to refrigerate his hot flashs :lol: *run away to act my ages*

I always wonder what he would like like dressed for a casual day rather than work. Do you think he would ever wear shorts? And would that be a good thing or not? I bet he has seriously white legs!

Another thing I always wonder is whether real detectives in Miami wear suit jackets out on the street investigating a crime scene. That's got to be hot. . .Falls into the same category as questions about whether women detectives spend all day on their feet in THOSE SHOES!

oooooo yes, I would love for H to see her in a bathing suit! :devil:

*push away H in shorts picture *

I think one t-shart and jeans will look great on H - in his off work time. last night i re wacth "Kiss of death" and love to see DC with white t-shart. i can see him in evening sit on his couch with bare feet, drinking wine and listen quiet music in his dark apartment..

and re why detectives in Miami wear suit jackets and women detectives spend all day on their feet in THOSE SHOES... huh don`t know... i too have think over this... but this is Miami right ?! :) maybe coz H try to hide his gun, or coz DC is to sensitive to cold or the air-conditioning in Miami building is on top (- 5 C ) ... the rest CSI from his team are not always dress like him... and for the females... the only one logical explanation is coz they look more sexy on the screen... as much as uncomfortably to be for them... btw when i see Yelina`s red shoes in epi 'Burned' this make me think for one movie "The Devil Wears Prada' :lol:

drgnldy said:
I'm assuming this is how EyeHeartH is using the term! ;)

Haha yeah...although I've always seen a sort of social awkwardness in H, as you put in your definition. Geek is something of a more sociable nerd, such as Danny Tanner from 'Full House'. Especially as of late, H hasn't really talked to the team like he used to.

But anyway...I think Yelina likes the nerd/geek (whichever word you prefer) in H.

I agree, because I think she prefers a smart or intellectual man over the 'he man' image. Those guys are "all brawn, no brain", and I think she likes more sensitive men who use their brains - altho' H does seem to leave his laying around somewhere so he doesn't have it when he needs it! (I still say he makes bad choices in his attempts to protect people.) I also agree that H is socially awkward, even inept. If I go without my surreal spectacles too long, he can almost verge on 'creepy.'

I don't really think H is like a geek. He's more of an aloof kinda cool. And that's why I think that's sexy. But he's also got the smarts too. Nerdy kinda suits more of Grissom I think.

More like inadequate schoolboy H might be a more appropriate word especially around Y.

I'd love to see what H wears on his days off. A scene with Y at the beach, not after work, would be great.

Updated my fic:
http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Ca...ID=#Post1218304

More like inadequate schoolboy H might be a more appropriate word especially around Y.
Good point.

What do you think H drives when he's not working? I have this crazy idea that may be totally out of character for him, BUT. . .I believe that in his garage (not necessarily for around town - he probably has something else for that) he keeps an old pick-up! :p and when he wants to hit the road by himself - maybe cruise the Keys or the Everglades - he takes off for the day or weekend in that. A side of him most people don't know about.

^ i`m with u here, i think that maybe pick-up will look good on H... in work he have his Hummer, so for me make logic when he is off work to drives again big vehicle .... coz in epi 'Hell Night' he say to Ray Jn that they need a fishing trip - what other vehicle can make more good job for this trip ... and we know that Miami is boggy land .... ;) but i can`t see him drive motor or cabriolet - just... not H type, right ?! :rolleyes:

talking for out of Miami thoughts... hum...if one day CSI department decided to give H award for his great work /service on the police force... i can see H invite Yelina to be his lady and go to this party with limousine :devil: i`m 100 % sure that will like H in tuxedo ;)

motor = motorcycle or bike.... the one like dr. House drive ...

cabriolet = uh.... type car that don`t have roof or the roof is moving up or down...

pls don`t laugh at my translation ;)

I think you mean a 'convertible.' You're right, I can't see him driving that, either.

When we get back to our home in a couple months (and have a TV!), I'm going to have to see House and BG. Sorry for ot.

^ man, ur going to love House and BSG believe me... if only CSI Miami writers can see/steal the magic formula for success from this two tv show.. i think then Miami will be on TOP 3 fav tv shows for me ;)

wow today is the most difficult day for translation in this thread... u guys just killing me here with words like - nerd, geek, aloof, convertible etc. ... and my dictionary don`t give any help at all *sigh*

Pusher said:
motor = motorcycle or bike.... the one like dr. House drive ...

cabriolet = uh.... type car that don`t have roof or the roof is moving up or down...

:)

Cabriolet was a light two-wheeled horse drawn carriage with a folding calash top, seating two persons facing forward, one of whom was the driver. Modern usage of cabriolet is now for a car body style with retractable roof and rear window. Depending on one's location and upbringing, one uses either cabriolet or convertible.

cabriolet - european and british commonwealth usage
convertible - american usage

10x Tally for this detailed explanation ;) btw nice to see u here, we only wait for Lucy and MD to come back and the gang will be full :D

*on my way to make little re search in my fav web side en.wikipedia.org*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back