Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I don't know if you ladies have already seen this, but I found this on Luna's (the administrator of davidcaruso.net) Facebook. The English is a bit sloppy because she is French, but the message is clear.

David back!
    admin || 02 January, 2012 ||
    Hi everybody! David Caruso prepares a new film called "Chacarita". David was in Argentina to choose the shoot place of the film. He fell in love with this country. Other video here http://tn.com.ar/show/basicas/00077363/csi-buenos-aires David says that it's the story of an American who goes to Argentina. He fall in love with a girl and they have a child. But the child passes away and the American goes back to States. But he can't forget the girl and he returns to Argentina to ask pardon and to see if the girl is available, but she isn't. David says he will be the productor fo this film, he thinks the shoot will start in the summer. I added in the gallery some pictures.

2. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Fanilow. The link goes to the article that I was trying to get translated and that you helped with.

I'm glad that you were able to put up a link to that video and article so now everyone can view it for themselves.

3. Martina

Martina Victim

I translated the article into the German language, but I can't find the line, that he is planning to play the lead in his new movie :(.

Martina

4. fanilowchick

Pero ella teme que la exposición de Chacarita, que será producida y protagonizada por Caruso, le cambie la vida.

"But she fears that the exposure of Chacarita, which will be produced by and starring Caruso, will change her life."

5. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Why she fears? Plot sounds promising

6. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

What a downturn in fortune; going downhill from Horatio Caine to this- is David gearing up for a role (relationship wise) as the next Hugh Hefner????? :( Everybody remember: this woman is 25 and HE is going to be 56 on January7th!!!! :bolian:

According to the Spanish language article, this woman is not even an actress but a Buenos Aires native and her profession is an airline stewardess ( he was married and divorced from one before- does the poor guy EVER learn from his mistakes???? :confused:).

Well, as an elderly male friend of mine and I agreed when it came down to this unhappy news about this newest paramour... and the reality that DC is in denial about the fact that he's not (as my male friend put it bluntly,) a young stallion anymore, there is an English saying about such men: " There's no fool, like an OLD FOOL!"

7. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Personally, I don't think David (or anyone for that matter) is too OLD to be what they want to be. Age is just a number; it's all about how young you feel. And if seeing him with a younger woman offends you, I suggest you stay out of the theater when "Chacarita" premiers.

8. fanilowchick

Interesting little bit I found on Google today:

EXCLUSIVE: After almost a decade without an agent, CSI: Miami star David Caruso has signed with WME. He will be repped by a team led by WME Global head Graham Taylor, who will work with Caruso’s longtime manager Jason Weinberg and attorney Jamie Mandelbaum. NYPD Blue alum Caruso stars as Lieutenant Horatio Caine on the long-running CBS crime drama CSI: Miami, now in its 10th season. The CSI spinoff is one of the most watched series around the world and has been sold in off-network syndication in the U.S. to A&E and AMC. Caruso’s film credits include Proof Of Life and Jade.

9. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Yes, I also noticed that.

I don't know if episode 19 this season is the end or we may get a few more next season, but it appears that David feels he needs an agent to help find opportunities and/or market himself, for the first time since CSI Miami started.

I guess the writing is on the wall now.

It would be very nice of CBS if they would be up front with the long time fans that made this show #1 in the world, for years, and tell them what is going on as well as make a special ending episode. One that has a HAPPY ENDING.

10. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

The signs that CSI: Miami may be ending soon are growing ever more present, but I haven't given up hope that we'll get another season. This AMC syndication deal (which I've been enjoying thoroughly) is very positive and shows me that people still want to watch it.

However, I'm thrilled David is starting some new projects. I wish him luck.

11. ruby&theheadmen

I doubt if too many Argentine films make it to the U.S. (but anything is possible) and flying down to B.A. (short for Buenos Aires) is not on my agenda for the immediate future. But that bit about "age is just a number; it's all about how young you feel"..... Sounds a bit like denial to me of some very visible reality,(as one can say- he's no 'young stallion' anymore, however, notwithstanding, he is still pleasing to MY soon-to-be 56 year old eyes!).

I would like to have believed that David possessed a higher caliber of moral fiber and inner strength of character than to cop out like this- to cut to the chase, better to give up delusions of 'eternal youth' and be respected in other's eyes by learning to 'grow OLD GRACEFULLY'!

If that seems pushy or demanding well, I expect more from Capricorn men....

Sincerely,
    ruby&theheadmen

12. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:beer::beer::beer:
    Happy Birthday, Dear David!

13. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

first of all - Happy Birthday, David! :luvlove::beer::luvlove:

Yes, if this season is last one I'd appreciate a happy ending too. I definetely don't want to watch Horatio dying and dead no matter how genoius the script, editing, filming and even David's acting could be

You're still talking about the movie or... something else?:)
    Now we have only a general idea we don't know how exactly it will be realized. In my opinion this movie could be very deep because of such a great age difference between lead characters. Only one thing bothers me she's a stewardess not actress. But I don't think we know all about her, maybe she took classes or is taking now.
    At least, I strongly believe that there're many ways to fix someone's private life less sophisticated and expensive then offer a girl lead role in your movie.;)

14. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Happy Birthday David
    :)

I hope you have a great one with those you care for most!!!!
    :):cool::)

15. ruby&theheadmen

According to the article, the airline stewardess, Juliana Martinez, expressed that she has never had intensions of being famous nor did she want to climb up the ladder of success. David's had to make a second trip DOWN to B.A. to convince her to appear in the picture- she has fears about the whole situation :eek:.

In any case, the filming will be going on from February to June (ie; the last month of summer below the equator right to possibly late autumn or early winter).

Thus if this was all merely about (on his part) a film and being professional wanting to direct in one as well as star, why not look for a trained actress?

Looks more like being able to take advantage of having the means to 'get' what one 'wants' for mere personal gain, rather than a professional creative expression as an actor/artist. Oh well, if you're going to start to acting like Hugh Hefner... It's so sad, I expected better of him, better for me to give up MY illusions then!