Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hunter, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

I'm glad someone posted in here to point that out. :)

Other than the reasons given, I really don't think DC has the inclination to want to do movies right now. Filming Miami takes up about 10 months of the year and he likes to take a break during May/June when filming ceases. Plus, he's very happy doing Miami and possibly has no real desire to get back into the world of movies at the moment.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I think the main reason is the show. It takes so much time, that's why Rory left. Because there was no time to make movies. Because the schedule for shooting the show was way too tight...and busy. And yes, he probably doesn't want to test if it works the 2nd time :p

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I think that DC won't be able to live down Horatio Caine for a while, so he probably wouldn't be able to get many movie roles anyway. :lol: Besides, he seems happy where he is and he even said in a few interviews that he'll be around as long as they want him. :) Let's hope they want him for at least a few more years. :eek:

4. Horatios_girl

Horatios_girl Victim

I don't think we have to worry about them not wanting him around. I believe he holds a lot of the show success. I could not imagine it without DC. As to his film career, I just watched Kiss of Death and enjoyed it although it was strange to hear him swear. His dedication to family was the same in the movie as Horatio's. Which I just read this am that DC feels that he is very much like Horatio.

5. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

lol its funny heaing him swear... in my opinion he has to swear more in csi miami makes him sound tougher like wen he said ass in dispo day... just my opinion

6. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

I found this picture in my David Caruso collection. I think it shows a bit of his eye problem here. What do you think? Look closely at his right eye. I wonder if this is something that can be fixed by surgery? He's rich enough to afford it. I don't know much about eye problems so don't know if his problem can even be fixed. Is the laymans term called 'lazy eye'?

Anyway here is the pic

[​IMG]

The Good Rebecca

7. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Really hot picture, although the left eye is positioned the same way as his right, so it's hard to tell.

8. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Hmm that's what i said. Surgery, contacts, whatever.

Hearing DC swear? Yes it is intresting. The best thing i heard Horatio say is "So cut the crap." But he said it all angry and with feeling. It was great, made me laugh. :lol:

9. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

Okay I looked into a mirror with my eyes the same way David has his and I noticed my right eye did not turn in as much as his did. Look how the eye is turned in too much. To be honest he still looks darn sexy in that pic weird eye or no. (Just wish it was in color so I can see his bluuuuuuuueeee eyes.)

The swearing Caruso is interesting to hear to say the least. Because I watch so much of CSIM I am always surprised to hear him swear in those movies. Kinda makes me laugh expecially when he yells the eff word. LMAO. I would think on the cable version of CSIM Horatio would swear. Fact is that cops swear.

The Good Rebecca

10. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

Yes. Strabismus is lazy eye; the post above said David has an esotropic hypotropic form of it, which basically just means that his lazy eye turns inward when he looks directly at someone, giving him double vision.

As far as the ability to correct it, glasses and prisms are used to help the eye refocus in a non-invasive way, but it's not a "cure," I don't think. Surgery is, in theory, a possibility. But it's possible there are reasons why David wouldn't be a good candidate for eye muscle surgery - doctors feel the surgery wouldn't be effective, poor health, etc. It's also possible that David thinks he is able to deal with the condition without surgery or he's afraid to have the surgery.

But oh well. This is just what five minutes of internet searching has given me. Someone more familiar with eye conditions and diseases could tell me I'm totally wrong, lol, but that's just the impression I got from various medical articles and such. :)

11. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

I dig that picture...its sex-A. :) I can't tell the eye thing...I've tried to pay attention during the show to see any signs of it but I've come up with nothing. Then again he's been an actor for a long freakin time so he's probably able to not let it show on screen. kudos to him for overcoming the eye problem :)

I haven't seen very many of his movies, Session 9 and King of New York are the only ones I've found. I've stalked every blockbuster, movie gallery, hollywood movie, etc. in a tri county radius and I've come up with nothing. I guess its time to go to the internet and look.

12. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

God I missed a lot in two days. You've all been busy!
    Me too Geni! I'm 14, why do you think I love the guy? (He's good looking for his age but Horatio has to have something else!)

I haven't seen him in any movies (boo-hoo) but I would like to see him play a bad guy because when he gets mad he gets mad, as Horatio, and to be evil...it would be awesome, IMO. I really think DC is an incredible actor and he would be able to pull off any role and shine but he has that 'look' that makes for great TV.

Yes my mom knows Bob Sagat. She's a comedian, she knows everyone :lol:.

OMG I just found out that one of the parents who drives my sister's carpool lives next door to DC's Sherman Oaks house (I'm in the area, I've tried to googleworld it lol). So jealous, I need to go over there and take pictures of it, lol! :D God I love LA.

Sorry for going slightly OT people! :D

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Oh I didn't know the layman condition is called 'lazyeye'. My brother has it, but it has been surgically corrected. The surgery doesn't actually fix the condition just for cosmetic purposes. He has to wear glasses though ever since he was a toddler.

Doesn't seem to make him any different from anyone else, he does everything people do.

Anyway just sharing what I know about this.

14. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

I know some people may think this word is really really bad, but I laugh everytime David screams the G-D word when he tackles Patrice in the stairwell in "Jade", not because of the word itself but because the way he says it is so funny.
    Okay, I never got this part, but to all who've seen "Jade"...after he captures Patrice (don't worry, this isn't a spoiler) and he walks into the interrogation room, why does he limp down the stairs? I have an idea why, but I'm not sure since I didn't see what I think happened to him happen at all in the preceding scene (the stairwell scene).

15. Horatios_girl

Horatios_girl Victim

Okay, been gone. Cainesugar, you've provoked me in a good way, I have to go watch "Identity" now. I was gonna re-watch s2, but noooo, now I've gotta go check out Identity. I don't remember Clavo putting H's shades on, but boy I do wanna see it. I love Clavo, wait till you see s5, if you haven't already.

SJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.