Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hunter, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

I actually loved DC in his 'bad guy' roles. :D It was interesting to see him diversify his career albeit how low profile his movie career was. :p

Two of my favorite moves were 'Session 9' which was creepy and David pulled off his role terrifically and 'Kiss of Death'. In both of these roles, he's kind of seen as maybe the bad guy but he has some good guy aspect to him, if that make sense.

The one thing that has always bothered me about his movie roles is he usually sported the New York accent which don't get me wrong, is great! But it was a little distracting. :p

Although if I had to choose John Kelly vs Horatio, I'd choose Horatio. There's nothing wrong with John Kelly and I admired that character a lot -- That was the first role I ever saw DC in. I was just a youngster. :D But I've always been partial to Horatio Caine's heroism though over-the-top it might seem at times.

2. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

I loved him in 'Kiss of Death' too. Although you have to sympathise with his character from the unfortunate situations that he comes across in that movie, you also have to love how he gets out of another situation in the end (especially how he dealt with Junior :)).

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I wholeheartedly agree! If I really like an actor/actress, I like to see their range of acting as much as possible. I've seen most of David's films now and the only one that disappointed me was 'Jade'. To me it had a weak, incoherant plot and the dialogue was very cliched. David seemed overshadowed as well, and after being so amazing in NYPD Blue and Kiss Of Death, this role didn't really showcase his acting talent at all, in my opinion.

However, he has had some fantastic roles in other movies - Proof Of Life, Session 9, King Of NY, Gold Coast, Deadlocked and Mad Dog and Glory are my favourites. :)

4. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Gold Coast and King of MY were the best ones. Even if DC was a baddie, he was a fantastic actor. :)

5. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Deadlocked, Black Point, Gold Coast & KOD were my faves.

6. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I dunno, in Black Point that girl Natalie (Susan Haskel i think) kinda ticked me off. I didn't like that char too much, and i think Susan Haskel could act better.

And who would tie a rope around their neck, then stand on a block of ice?/i] You'r going to be waiting a while and your going to choke VERY SLOWLY.

7. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

i dont see why critics said he made a mistake going into the movie buisness cuz he did good and he worked with such great actors such as nicholas cage, bruise willis and russel crow etc. but then again if he didnt do bad then i guess there would have been a smaller chance of him getting into the whole csi miami thing...

8. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Alas, he doesn't do movies much anymore. I think his eye problem is holding him back.

9. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

he has eye problems? what kind?

10. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

*sigh* If you look on the previous page...but i'll quote for you.

THAT's what's probably holding DC from going into movies...

Maybe he can get laser eye surgery? Or special contacts? *shrugs* I wouldn't know.

EDIT

This is post #111111 in the whole topic of CSI Miami of this forum. :D Just, thought i'd say that, it's intresting. And it was made in the DC thread! :D

11. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

ooooooooooooooooooooo that explains soooo much lmao it explains all the head tilting and the leaning on the table looking up at the people being interrogated... wow i never knew i always thought it was part of his character or somethin lol i tought thats just how he acted wow... this explains so much thnx for the info

12. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

I don't really think it's because of the eye condition - or at least solely for that reason.

After the whole leaving NYPD Blue thing, David kind of got a negative reputation in the media. I'm not saying it's valid, but it did happen. And then Jade came out, which, even without the negative publicity, wasn't a great movie. I think the combination of things has made it hard for David to really be considered for tons of film work.

Furthermore, and I say this as a redhead, David's looks probably hinder his ability to get work. He's great looking, yes, but I do think the red hair is a factor - just as appearance is a factor with any actor or actress. It's such a definitive look, and given that David has the head tilt thing (which I guess does make the eye condition relevant), some casting directors may not feel that an audience could see the actual character and not HC/DC.

13. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I actually agree with the red hair thing. Not too popular these days. Right now the only character i can think of that had red hair is Sideshow Bob. :lol:

But yeah, Jade was a pretty 'eh' movie.

14. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Also, in the interview he did with 'Cigar Aficionado' magazine, he himself said that in Hollywood, what basically goes down is that the bigwigs point out who would be good in the movies and who would be good on TV...he just happens to belong to the latter.
    Also, he doesn't consider himself movie leading man material in terms of looks, also according to the magazine interview. He said in the interview that there's a certain look for movies, which he feels he does not possess.

15. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Oo yes i saw him on the front of that cigar mag!! He was wearing a pink tie. That's why i remember. :lol:

No i don't think DC thought he was the most handsome, i know that we and myself would simply BEG to differ, but DC knows the obvious too. Adam R, Jon T and Rory C. Personally, after DC, it would be Adam and Rory. Jon won't be on the list really. (no offense)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.