Home Sweet Home - Nick/Sara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIgal, Feb 18, 2006.

1. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

checked out your ff account. that was sooooo much better lmao!

loving this.. :D

2. CSIgal

CSIgal Captain

This wasn't edited or anything :) Will be posted at ff.net shortly. Enjoy!

Chapter 9

Nick silently let out a sigh of relief that she didn’t question him further. He continued to concentrate on his menu trying to think of exactly what he wanted to say to her but still didn’t have a clue. There were a couple of different ways he could go but he still wasn’t completely satisfied at how they sounded. He wanted it to sound perfect, memorable, romantic and something she would be proud of telling people when they asked how it happened. The waiter soon came back taking their orders and their menus.

Sara looked over at Nick realizing he was nervous about something and tried to think of what could possibly be going through his mind. She came up blank after a while of running different scenarios through her head. She reached over taking his hand in hers and squeezed gently. He looked up and grinned at her.

“So I guess the initial meeting with your folks went okay?” Sara asked taking a sip of her orange juice.

Nick shook his head yes. “ Mom and Dad absolutely adore you. Lance and Chasity are still amazed at how sweet you are. Mom said they couldn’t get over the fact of how right you seem for me. I told you that you would be fine. You got all worked up over nothing.”

Sara shrugged her shoulders. “Well you were the baby of the family Nick. They are always the ones parents are more overprotective of.”

“Overprotective or not Dad already threw out the idea of me moving back down here and bringing you with me. I’ve not seen him take to anyone like this ever Sara. I don’t know how you do it but you have a way of charming men into absolutely loving you to pieces.” Nick said with a grin.

“Moving down here huh? I don’t think it would be so bad. I’m sure I could adjust to life in the country.” She winked at him. “Your Mom didn’t mention last night to you did she?” She asked with a little worried look on her face.

Nick laughed a little. “Mom didn’t but Dad did.” He watched her almost choke on her juice. He handed her a napkin trying to stifle his laugh. “He said ‘Son if your going to do that in this house at least be respectful enough to turn on the tv and get in the floor off that creaky damn bed’”

“Oh…my…god! I am never going to be able to look at them in the face again!” Sara squealed getting embarrassed beyond relief.

Nick was laughing so hard his stomach was starting to hurt. He subsided his laughter after a short time and took a sip of his coffee. “Of course you will! Sara they already knew we were sleeping together for goodness sakes. Speaking of last night…would you like to tell me the real reason you tossed that condom on the nightstand? I’m still not fully convinced it was to try something new. If there’s something you’d like to clue me in on I’d appreciate it.”

Sara looked at him across the table wondering if she should tell him or not as the waiter sat their plates of food in front of them. She cleared her throat a little and started to cut up her omelette in silence knowing he was waiting for her to answer and wouldn’t accept the same lame answer she’d given him last night. He had always been good for reading her very well and could tell when something was bothering her.

Nick started to cut up his food and put syrup on his pancakes as he patiently waited for her to answer him. He knew that the time she was taking she would eventually spit out the truth and there was no need in rushing her. He looked up when he noticed she was looking at him and placed his fork on his plate giving her his full attention.

“I want a baby Nick…..” Sara blurted out and mentally slapped herself for being so blunt with him. She saw him shake his head understanding and picked up his fork starting to eat again. She frowned a little at his reaction. “Okay that’s it. A shake of your head and no questions?” She asked confused.

Nick finished chewing his food and washed it down with some coffee. “Yeah. I just wanted to know what was going on. You answered my question and life goes on Sara.” He replied and continued to eat.

So she wanted a baby. That wasn’t really a surprise to him after the way she had reacted with his nephews the previous evening. He’d saw the motherly instinct take over and knew it wouldn’t be long before she mentioned it to him. He wasn’t really keen on the idea of having kids. They’d have to get a much bigger place to live. Both of their apartments were barely big enough for the both of them let alone bringing a child into the mix. But if that was what she wanted then he would give it to her. He would just have to slowly adjust to taking care of a child. He knew how hard it would be but the thought of a little girl or boy calling him Daddy made his heart feel a little warm.

“But you said when we decided to take this relationship very seriously that marriage and children just weren’t on your agenda Nick. So now all of a sudden that’s changed? Did you just forget to tell me or was I supposed to figure it out on my own?” She asked still not quite sure what was going on.

Nick looked up at her and motioned to her plate. “Will you please eat your food? It’ll get much colder out here.”

“I’ll eat my food when you answer my question Nick.” She said getting very serious with him.

“Okay so you want a baby. I’ll knock you up, move to a bigger place, fix a nursery and we’ll raise it together. Stop making this such a big deal Sara.” He chuckled a little trying to make light of the subject and get her to shut up.

“Knock me up? You think that’s funny Nick? Well I got news for you that it’s not. This is not a joke as your making it out to be. It is a very big deal to me if nothing else. I can’t believe that I ever thought of having a child with someone like you.” She threw her napkin over her half eaten food and pushed her chair back from the table wiping her eyes as they overflowed with tears.

Nick sighed as he watched her walk off towards the parking lot. He flagged the waiter down paying for their food and walked off to find her. If she kept this up she was going to ruin her whole day and then both of them would be pissed off not enjoying anything. He found her leaned up against his truck with her arms crossed. He walked over to her and tried to wrap his arms around her when she pushed him away.

“Just stop it Nick…..” She said in a hateful tone and sniffed a little.

“Sara…..” Nick said her name soothingly and crouched down looking up at her when she wouldn’t look at him. She turned her head away from him looking out at the highway in front of the restaurant. He sighed and stood back up. “Will you stop this…and listen to me for half a damn second?”

“All you’ll do is joke about it again so why should I listen to you? Just let it go Nick. Forget I even mentioned it. It’s obvious you still don’t want children or if you do then not with me. Take me down to a doctors office or the hospital and I’ll get a morning after pill to make sure nothing comes about from last night.” She said in a voice he couldn’t recognize.

“No…Sara. Your not taking one of those damn pills. You know my thoughts on those. I’m sorry that I made it into a joke. If you want to have a child with me that would make me the happiest man in the world. I know that I said marriage and children weren’t something I wanted to do but things change sweetheart. If a baby is what you want….then that’s what you’ll get.” He said in a soothing tone rubbing her arms up and down with his hands. “I can say hearing a little boy or little girl calling me Daddy would make me proud….especially if you were their mother Sara.”

Sara looked up at him with a half grin and wiped her eyes again. “Really? Please don’t tease me…” Nick shook his head yes and kissed her lips softly.

“Let’s make a baby…..” He whispered as he leaned his forehead against hers.

Sara squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him deeply pressing him closer against her. She jumped up wrapping her legs around his waist laughing surprised at how happy she had just gotten. “Oh my god…we’re gonna have a baby!” She yelled out getting glances from the people eating outside the restaurant.

Nick laughed and spun her around a couple of times and leaned his back up against his truck pleased with the expression and attitude she had. She hugged him tightly and pulled back with tears of joy coming out of her eyes. Nick kissed her tears away gently hugged her tightly against him. One speech down and one more to go. It hadn’t went as planned but he hadn’t expected her to run off like she did. He knew the second she had taken the condom out of his hand what she wanted. Sara was a creature of habit and when her routine got broken he had always been able to tell what she was thinking. She had unwrapped her legs from around his waist and was standing in front of him looking up at him with a grin that wasn’t going away. He figured now was the best time to give her something and held up a finger indicating he’d be back in a second. He opened up the truck and reached in the back seat pulling a bag out and handing it to Sara. She looked at him confused.

“Look inside…” He said with a grin.

Sara peaked inside and brought out a very tiny sleeper that said “Junior Crime Scene Investigator” with a small picture of a fingerprint and a magnifying glass over top of it. Her mouth dropped to the ground and she looked at Nick getting ready to cry again. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist knowing she was wanting to know how he had known.

“Let’s just say that you aren’t the only one in this relationship that can read people Ms. Sidle.” He said playfully. “It’ll fit the baby for up to 3 months according to the girl in the store.” He said and took it out of her hand holding it up.

“I’ve got to call Catherine!” She said excitedly reaching for her phone. Nick stopped her hands and links his fingers through hers. “What?” She asked cutely with a grin.

“Why don’t we put that on hold and take that little walk I mentioned earlier?” He asked starting to sway back and forth with her.

Sara looked deep in thought to his question and leaned up kissing him gently on the lips. “Anything you want Daddy….” They both grinned and he swatted her ass playfully as she hopped into the truck.

Nick drove them out past his parent’s house a few miles and turned off onto a gravel road appearing to lead to the middle of nowhere. He pulled to a clearing and got out of the truck looking around to make sure he was in the right spot. He was and motioned for Sara to get out and join him. She does and wraps her arm around his waist when she walks over to him.

“ So where are you taking me?” She asked

“Oh you know…just for a little walk. I thought it would be nice for you to see some things out here. It’s such a beautiful sunny day it’d be a shame to waist it cooped up around the house.” He said and they started walking on a small beaten path just to the left of them.

“And this little talk we were supposed to have?” Sara asked as they walked along hand in hand.

“It’s not time for the little talk just yet…gotta get the walking done first darlin’.” He said with a grin knowing she was dying to know what he was up to. “To ease your mind it’s nothing bad or upsetting. I promise. So relax baby…”

Sara squeezed his hand with hers and took a look around enjoying the peaceful sounds of nature. She didn’t want to ever leave and go back to Vegas. They were both so different and carefree that she feared it would all change once they got back. She loved this side of Nick and wanted to see it all the time. She took her hand from his putting it around his waist and leaned her head over on his shoulder as they still were walking and sighed. Nick sensed something was wrong and kissed the top of her head.

“Wanna share?” He simply asked knowing she would understand what he meant.

“I don’t want to go back home so soon. I love this side of you that’s came out since we’ve gotten here. I’m just afraid that when we go back we’ll both change and things won’t be quite the same.” She replied.

“Sara if this is the side that you love then it’ll follow me back to Vegas. Nothing’s going to change sweetheart unless we want it to. The only thing I would like to change is how small your belly is….” She grinned up at him getting his point.

“I think we can arrange that….” She said letting her voice trail off.

“Not to quickly I hope. You know they always say making it is the best part….” He stopped walking and took her face in his hands admiring her for a brief second before kissing her deeply as they came to a small stream. He pulled back after a short time and picked her up in his arms. “I can’t have my girl getting her feet wet….”

He packed her across the stream and easily sat her down once they were on the other side. He looked around making sure he was going in the right direction and took her hand walking backwards to look at her.

“Tell me something….when you first saw me what did you think of me? Honestly…” He said to her with a grin.

“I couldn’t get over how great you looked in those jeans you had on….that incredible smile you gave me when I introduced myself to you….they soft way you shook my hand. Then reality hit and I mentally slapped myself for even thinking I could get a guy like you.” She said with a shrug of her shoulders. “Same question to you…”

“Alright fair answer.” He grinned and stopped walking pulling her closer to him.” So you wanna know what I thought about when I first saw you hmmmm?” She shook her head yes with a grin. “I thought of every possible way I could get you in my bed…..” She slapped him playfully and he laughed. “Joking! I thought you were a very pretty girl. A little uptight maybe but had the potential of being a very sweet and caring person once you broke down the obvious barrier you had put up. And I was right…..just took me a few years to get it broken down.” She leaned up then kissing him softly on the lips. “I did toy with the sex idea though…briefly of course.”

“Oh of course!” She laughed. “What kind of man would you be if sex didn’t flash into your mind at some point in time!”

“But it was well worth the wait I think.” He said softly tracing the outline of her jaw line with his fingertips.

Sara leaned her head over into his touch and closed her eyes. “Very worth it….” She said quietly.

3. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

waouh :lol: still awesome as the others chapters, keep going!!!

4. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Oh I want a vest like that! Haha!

Awesome chapter! :D I could really imagine Sara squealing because of the baby. That moment is just so sweet.

5. CSI3Snickers

CSI3Snickers Pathologist

I just can't get over how perfect this fic is!!! *squee*

Again, this isn't a very typical fic where Nick longs for marriage and family and Sara's kinda iffy about it. I loved how you kinda switched them up.

Very comical and sweet. :D

6. cocoa_girl18

cocoa_girl18 Pathologist

wow sara wants a baby..........
    and nice story line for both of them
    update sooon cant wait...

7. Leggo_my_Greggo7

Leggo_my_Greggo7 Victim

I'm not usually one for Sara and Nick to get together but this fic is so good! I hope you continue it soon.

~Lauren~

8. CSI3Snickers

CSI3Snickers Pathologist

Yeah, CSIgal!!! Keep those updates coming! LOL, sorry, I read your fic again.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Cool!luv it..I think its the second time now that I'm reading this XD

10. SamStokes

SamStokes Police Officer

guess we ain't gonna see an Update anytime soon.

11. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

Wow I love this story~! :D I hope u update!! :)

12. Abyss

Abyss Victim

its pretty good but im personally all 4 sugar