Holiday Card Swap 2009

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Yup it's that time of year again. Time to start thinking about the Christmas/Holiday season and what better way of doing that is by getting the Card Swap up and running :)

So how does this work you ask me :) Easy you pm me your address. If you want to participate and can't pm me then email me at removed the email address (remember to remove the spaces). Please use Holiday Card Swap 2009 in your title of your message. That way your address won't get lost in my collection of pm's :) Once I have the addresses of those who want to do this, I'll send you a pm with everyone addresses. Then it's up to you to send out the cards. There are a couple of rules though. First and foremost when you have sent out the cards you destroy the list, this way peoples privacy is respected. Secondly I need to have the addresses by November 28th. This should give me time to get the addressed out to members by the 30th. That should give everyone time to get the cards out.

Now also beware that since this is going board wide as opposed to just one Forum there could be a lot of members taking part. Don't feel as though you have to send everyone a card and for the recipients don't get mad at someone if they don't send you a card. Remember it's the thought that counts :)

Here is last year's thread so you can see who participated.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Oh my goodness, is it that time already? :eek:

Well sign me up. I'll be sending you my address shortly :)

3. Jacquie

Yup it is. At least I waited until Hallowe'en was over this year :lol:

4. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

this sounds fun! Will have to check with my parents it is ok to send my address out!

Do you only get sent the address of the people in you country or do you have to buy international stamps? Is that expensive? :lol:

5. Jacquie

You get sent the whole list. If you are allowed to participate you can choose to send to those only in you country if you want to. Most of my last year went to the US, then the UK and last Canada and Europe. And as to the expense I don't know what an international stamp in England costs. I think for me here in Canada it was almost $1.00 per US card and I forget what it was for the rest of the international ones.

I hope you can participate but it is important to check with your parents first :)

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I think I spent about £30 (max.) on postage for the whole list last year, although im not 100% on that, but it was something stupid. It depends on current rates etc ust check the royal mail website for details on :).... although people might be lucky to get our cards for Xmas 2010 if these postal strikes dont end :lol:

7. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

This sounds sooo fun!!!

But I have a question :lol: maybe kinda stupid but anyways ... We have to send to everyone and we received from everyone who participated in this?

8. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

If you would read the whole text in the first post, you would know that you don't have to send cards to everyone. It means that you can send cards to just a few members if you like :)

It's no stupid question ;)

9. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I read the whole text, I just didn't quite understand :p

oh, but then I will feel bad 'cause I didn't send to everyone, so I probably will send to everyone xDD

10. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I am so in! This was so much fun last year!!

11. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

CSIfann1

Oh alright. I thought you didn't read it all. I am sorry. By the way, you don't have feel bad for not sending to everyone. I wanna join this, but I have no idea what to write in the cards so I won't participate

12. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

no need to be sorry :thumbsup:
    If you ask me, i have no idea what to write neither :lol:

13. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

i would love to participate in this, but alas, i must wait until i move to give an address >.<

14. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

You can count me in again. :)

And don't worry about what to write Vildis and csifann, I just put "happy holidays" in mine last year.

15. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Meg

Aren't we supposed to write in the card, the name of the person who sent it? I don't know if I shall write my real name or my username (aka Vildis).