Have you ever dissected an animal? [like in biology class?]

O lets see... I did a pigs eye in the 6th grade, and i got to grab it out of the bag w/ all the other eyes!!! SOOO kool! :lol: And then I did a frog in 7th, and a couple owl pellets in 8th and a chicken wing in Bio this year...I loved my 7th/8th grade science teacher because he let us discect more than any other teachers!!! :D

I dissected the cow's eyeball in grade 8 science class, and then a rat in grade 11 bio. We had to name our rats- ours was 'Howie'! :lol:
Posted by Probie:
4. MY FAVORITE!! A rat!! :D It was wierd, 'cause they dyed the fur yellow for some reason,
Didn't the preservative (formalydehyde??) cause that? I can't remember.

Posted by ThisIsMe:
I dissected the cow's eyeball in grade 8 science class, and then a rat in grade 11 bio. We had to name our rats- ours was 'Howie'! :lol:

Ohh we had to name ours too, mine was "Jerry"

Oh, loads of things in high school. Uhh, a rat (we named him Fluffy), a chicken foot, a bull's eye, a fish (called Merlin), a sheep's heart, and a pair of pig's lungs. Good times. :D

I've done a fish, a pig's heart and a pig's eyeball! Bleergh! How gross is that? :lol: Thankfully I don't have to do it anymore :lol:

You can be pathologist like Doc Robbins then! :lol: I stick with being CSI - hopefully no dissecting there! :lol:

Oh so many... I love college anatomy! earthworms (3 times), grasshoppers, crayfish, squid (twice), fish, frogs, cow femurs and eyes, sheep brains, and cats. My lab partner got grossed out by our cat and quit because my cat was pregnant! They were all supposed to be male... oops.

Also, when I was like 8 or 9, i dissected a pigeon I found in a neighbors yard with a steak knife. Gross, maybe... but VERY informative! :p

wow, sounds interesting.
you really dissected cats??? :eek: :eek:
*shudder*

oh, btw, welcome to the board grisluv ;)

Posted by ThisIsMe:

Posted by Probie:
4. MY FAVORITE!! A rat!! :D It was wierd, 'cause they dyed the fur yellow for some reason,
Didn't the preservative (formalydehyde??) cause that? I can't remember.

Noo...they don't use formaldehyde anymore. It kinda kills you. I think that's a very common misconception! They haven't used it for a long time! :rolleyes:

Nothing...

yet! In my science class (Gr.10) I'm gonna be dissecting an owl pellet and an earthworm... Next year I'm taking Gr.11 Academic Biology and will discect a fetal pig.

Currently the closest I've come to dissecting an animal was looking at live freshwater organisms under a microscope (macrocyclops, diatioms, etc.) it was very interesting because you could see them breathe and move!

My class was SUPPOSED to do fetal piggys...but since our school's on welfare, we just did Rats. :(

Back