Have the Vegas and NY CSI's ever met?

Islandgirl

Police Officer
I know that some of the folks from the original (Vegas) version of CSI went down to Miami in an ep that introduced the Miami version of the show. I also know that Mac Taylor, and some of the other CSI:NY folks have been on a couple of different "CSI:Miami" episodes.
But have any of the characters from the Vegas and NYC versions of "CSI" ever met?

There haven't been any CSI/CSI: NY crossovers, and there has never been any mention of them having met. It's also unlikely that it will ever happen, as I believe the Vegas cast has expressed dislike for doing 'crossover' episodes.

However, there's nothing to say that certain members of the teams haven't met a conventions etc. ;)

The question has been answered, but I'll leave the thread open just in case there are any follow-up questions. ;) Don't forget that we always have a question thread pinned at the top of the forum for episode-related questions you guys might wish to ask each other. :)

they haven't but i am always wondered why these two shows has never crossed over before. I know that Miami and New York have done a couple of crossover episodes before and Las Vegas and Miami and done one

Thats because William Petersen has expressed a huge dislike for the CSI spinoffs. And thats because they never met. I think.

I understand the reluctance of the Vegas team not to do crossovers, but I would like to see Grissom and Taylor together. I just think they could make a really fun episode with the NY cast coming to Vegas.

Ok, what?.. William Peterson expressed a dislike for the CSI Spinn-offs? I had no idea.. :eek:

I would like to see a crossover between Las Vegas and New York, too because it would be really fun to have the cast of LV in NY or the other way round. Grissom and Taylor in one show would be the best. :D

IheartTogo said:
i didn't know that.to me that sounds like he is stuck-up and doesn't like the other actors or the other csi shows

I thought I read he did not want any spin-offs diluting or diminishing the original CSI. That is why he did not visit the CSI: Miami set.

jazzfan said:
I understand the reluctance of the Vegas team not to do crossovers, but I would like to see Grissom and Taylor together.
I agree. I can understand where they're coming from, but it's a shame that we are unlikely to see a NY and Vegas crossover. I think Mac and Grissom working together would awesome. :)

i didn't know that.to me that sounds like he is stuck-up and doesn't like the other actors or the other csi shows
ihearttogo, he doesn't dislike the other CSI Spin Offs, he simply thought it was too soon. I happen to agree with him, Miami was released at the end of S2 of LV. Way too early IMO, should've been about end of S4/5. William basically said they should've concentrated on making LV the best show possible before they went onto creating spin offs. I think he was also a little pissed because it took away Danny Cannon and Ann Donahue (two of the best IMO) from the LV creative team.
And Gary Sinese (Mac in NY I think lol) is one of William Petersen's long term friends. I think what William said just got taken out of context.

Pheeewwwww that took a while. :)

19ams87 is right - it is just that WP feels there shouldnt have been spinoffs made so early as it redced the quality of LV and so he will not visit either spinoff and will not have the spinoffs visit LV however he does not have anything against the other actors

Back